HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7 vs. Caps

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2012, 08:21 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 500
Game 7 vs. Caps

I think a game as big as this should have a pre-game thread to unify all discussion until we get a GDT... so here it is.

I'm already nervous and the game is 48 hours away.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Vitto79

I think most of us are scared as hell but in the end have to think positive. This team has gutted out wins all yr long. They can do it , especially at home.

Let's Go Rangers!

Old
05-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

We need a strong start.

No early penalties, and don't let Chimera get behind us.

We can do this.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:32 PM
NYRKING30

I wish it was saturday already even though these 2 days will help us. A strong start is needed on our side.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Crease

Not ready for it to be baseball season yet.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I just want the game to be here already. Sick of waiting.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I just want the game to be here already. Sick of waiting.
True that. I can't wait. It's the first game in this series I'll be able to watch live from start to finish.

Also, the average ticket price for this game is $462, making it the second highest average price this season, only after the Winter Classic, averaging $473.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

get ready for brad richards people

Old
05-10-2012, 08:57 PM
ltrangerfan

Winning the specialty teams game might help. The Caps can score on the PP the Rangers? Not so much.

Everyone now knows (if they didn't know already) shoot on Henrik high glove side. Might be the time for Henrik to show that he is the best goalie playing today.

Perhaps, having someone in front of the net for a rebound wouldn't hurt? Then again if Holtby outplays Lundy it won't matter?

Getting an early lead is probably going to be a key. The game is a bit easier when not playing from behind.

Time to see if the #1 seed can show why they were the #1 seed.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:03 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

i probably will not watch. cant stand it

Old
05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
corduroyg

its unfair to hank, but he needs to win this game for us. i dont care if we get outshot 40-10, hank needs to stand on his head for us if thats what its gonna take. hes our best player, he gets the big bucks, the team has been built around him. teams that win the cup usually have a goalie steal some games that they have no business winning. tim thomas had 2 game 7 shutouts last year, thats what i want saturday nite. refuse to lose hank, refuse to lose!!!

Old
05-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
its unfair to hank, but he needs to win this game for us. i dont care if we get outshot 40-10, hank needs to stand on his head for us if thats what its gonna take. hes our best player, he gets the big bucks, the team has been built around him. teams that win the cup usually have a goalie steal some games that they have no business winning. tim thomas had 2 game 7 shutouts last year, thats what i want saturday nite. refuse to lose hank, refuse to lose!!!
His state line consist of a 1.73 GAA and a .936 Save % all while playing more playoff games than any other goalie outside of Holtby. I'm really not sure what more the man can do.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:27 PM
NYRSchrute217

I want to see a motivated Lundqvist and the big offensive performers to step up. At this point I expect nothing out of Callahan and Gaborik so Richards and Stepan need to carry the offense.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:31 PM
corduroyg

Quote:
His state line consist of a 1.73 GAA and a .936 Save % all while playing more playoff games than any other goalie outside of Holtby. I'm really not sure what more the man can do.

he hasnt stolen a game for us this series. hes only stolen 1 game for us these playoffs, game 3 against ottawa. hes been very very good, but not spectacular. with our lack of offense, hes gonna need to be spectacular. yes its asking alot, but goalies have done it in the past in the playoffs, much less talented goalies than hank.

hes made some amazing saves in this series, but i think hes let in a couple of softies. if its a tie game in the 3rd period on saturday nite he cant afford to be letting in any high shots off his glove.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
he hasnt stolen a game for us this series. hes only stolen 1 game for us these playoffs, game 3 against ottawa. hes been very very good, but not spectacular. with our lack of offense, hes gonna need to be spectacular. yes its asking alot, but goalies have done it in the past in the playoffs, much less talented goalies than hank.

hes made some amazing saves in this series, but i think hes let in a couple of softies. if its a tie game in the 3rd period on saturday nite he cant afford to be letting in any high shots off his glove.
Triple OT he stole for us. We should've lost that game well into the 2nd OT. He is the reason why we got there.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I want to see a motivated Lundqvist and the big offensive performers to step up. At this point I expect nothing out of Callahan and Gaborik so Richards and Stepan need to carry the offense.
You expect nothing out of Gaborik? Guy only has 3 goals in his last 4 games, but hey, who cares...

Old
05-10-2012, 09:33 PM
RangerBlues

I'm getting too old for this. Way to stressed.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:

I'm amazed that even now people still need Hank to "step up". The only thing that needs stepping up is the damn offense. We live and die by their ability to net anything at all. 1-2 goals isn't enough for most teams but with Hank, we manage.

Either the offense shows something Saturday or we all begin watching baseball season.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:36 PM
corduroyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
You expect nothing out of Gaborik? Guy only has 3 goals in his last 4 games, but hey, who cares...

would be nice if gabby could pick off the top corner instead of shooting right into holtby's chest.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:41 PM
corduroyg

Quote:
I'm amazed that even now people still need Hank to "step up". The only thing that needs stepping up is the damn offense. We live and die by their ability to net anything at all. 1-2 goals isn't enough for most teams but with Hank, we manage.

Either the offense shows something Saturday or we all begin watching baseball season.

boston won game 7 of the eastern finals last year 1-0. all im saying is we're probably gonna need that kind of performance from hank on saturday nite. hes let in a couple softies this series, especially in 3rd period. he let up a softie in game 7 in 2009 in the 3rd period that beat us. he gave up 3 in the 3rd period last year to blow a 3 goal lead. all against the caps. its time to stonewall these motherf'ers!!!

Old
05-10-2012, 09:44 PM
MAC TRUCK

Going to my first game of the year Saturday. Had to be there for this. Wish it was here already!!!!! Cant wait

Old
05-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Rangers1985

Quote:

Dude, the amount of choosers in a beggars fanbase amazes me. 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games in series. We want 30 POINTSSZZ!!

They want Gaborik to get a hat trick every ****ing game. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Hes been as effective as every other elite scoring forward in the playoffs.

The onus is not on Gaborik or Richards to score, but the other guys. THEY are the reason why our offense is so anemic.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
I'm glad you think Gaborik is playing well but yesterday's goal was going to miss by 2 feet had it not gone off Carlson and the other two goals were great plays by Richards and Anisimov that were pretty easy goals to score. But hey, who cares...

Old
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
boston won game 7 of the eastern finals last year 1-0. all im saying is we're probably gonna need that kind of performance from hank on saturday nite. hes let in a couple softies this series, especially in 3rd period. he let up a softie in game 7 in 2009 in the 3rd period that beat us. he gave up 3 in the 3rd period last year to blow a 3 goal lead. all against the caps. its time to stonewall these motherf'ers!!!
Considering our scoring ineptitude, it would be the best chance we have.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:56 PM
corduroyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1985 View Post
Dude, the amount of choosers in a beggars fanbase amazes me. 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games in series. We want 30 POINTSSZZ!!

They want Gaborik to get a hat trick every ****ing game. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Hes been as effective as every other elite scoring forward in the playoffs.

The onus is not on Gaborik or Richards to score, but the other guys. THEY are the reason why our offense is so anemic.

good point. remember game 7 ottawa our 2 goals were by defenseman. you usually get unlikely heroes in game 7s since the other team is gonna be extra focused on stopping the stars (stephane matteau anyone?), we're gonna need someone unlikely to step up with a big goal. call me crazy, but im going with....john mitchell!

Closed Thread