HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne IN tonight for Game 3 (Confirmed)

Old
05-10-2012, 04:40 PM
alatos

vCash: 500
Gagne IN tonight for Game 3 (Confirmed)

Flyers fan here, just wondering how Simon Gagne is doing. Can he be expected back soon?

He holds my earliest hockey memories, watching Forsberg and him tear it up. I would like nothing more than to see him lift the cup. If he does, I will probably tear up. I'd also love to see Richards and Carter win it.

alatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatos View Post
Flyers fan here, just wondering how Simon Gagne is doing. Can he be expected back soon?

He holds my earliest hockey memories, watching Forsberg and him tear it up. I would like nothing more than to see him lift the cup. If he does, I will probably tear up. I'd also love to see Richards and Carter win it.
Last update I heard was he was skating with the black ace squad in their first practice. I cannot find any confirmation to see if he has skated with them since.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:07 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

My guess is that even if Gagne does get to 95-100 percent we will still only see him if a top 6 forward gets injured or we start trailing in a series.

We both know that the latter is unlikely to happen.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
My guess is that even if Gagne does get to 95-100 percent we will still only see him if a top 6 forward gets injured or we start trailing in a series.

We both know that the latter is unlikely to happen.
way to put the jinx on .
I fhe were even 90% I would like to see him used mainly as a PP guy and only to come in 5on5 in the offensive zone.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
way to put the jinx on .
Oh you mean like saying the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup? Ok.. the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup... this year. 2012. The Kings.. the ones from Los Angeles, they are going to WIN the Stanley Cup. None of the Kings players are going to get injured and Dustin Brown is going to win a Conn Smythe. Is that a jinx? Should I not bother watching now?

BTW.. I really hope the Kings do win the Cup so I can dig up every single post of mine this year where I said the Kings are going to win the Cup this year.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:24 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
way to put the jinx on .
I fhe were even 90% I would like to see him used mainly as a PP guy and only to come in 5on5 in the offensive zone.
Enough with the jinxes, I don't buy into it. Whatever's gonna happen is gonna happen. Besides I was only kidding (hence the wink).

Old
05-10-2012, 05:25 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Oh you mean like saying the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup? Ok.. the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup... this year. 2012. The Kings.. the ones from Los Angeles, they are going to WIN the Stanley Cup. None of the Kings players are going to get injured and Dustin Brown is going to win a Conn Smythe. Is that a jinx? Should I not bother watching now?

BTW.. I really hope the Kings do win the Cup so I can dig up every single post of mine this year where I said the Kings are going to win the Cup this year.
You have become one of my favorite posters.

I like you.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Quote:

Plan the mother****ing parade.

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:31 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Kings beat the Coyotes in 3.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
You have become one of my favorite posters.

I like you.
I actually get paid to post here so send the positive feedback to my sponsors, the mods. I think I just made another $0.75. That is like $8.75 for the month so far. A few more posts like that and I'm going to be hitting up the Soup Plantation for a 5 star meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Plan the mother****ing parade.
I gotta great view of Figueroa here at 555 South Flower. Anyone know where the Lakers parades go? I'm going to go stake out a spot right now.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:34 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Kings bypass the Coyotes and move onto the finals where they face a Rangers/Caps/Devils mashup team who get to ice 10 skaters and two goalies. Kings in 2.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
onlyalad

Quote:
And go on to beat NY/NJ in 2

It so confuses the fans they forget to riot

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Quote:
I gotta great view of Figueroa here at 555 South Flower. Anyone know where the Lakers parades go? I'm going to go stake out a spot right now.
Get on figuring that out, and save me a spot and something to light on fire. Our victories are inevitable.

Go Kings!

Also, to OP, best of luck to your team next season. Was really hoping to see you guys in the finals. Hoping your team out west can bring it home for you

Old
05-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Duc620

Quote:
I actually get paid to post here so send the positive feedback to my sponsors, the mods. I think I just made another $0.75. That is like $8.75 for the month so far. A few more posts like that and I'm going to be hitting up the Soup Plantation for a 5 star meal.
... is this the part where we get to try the veal?

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
chesed

Quote:
way to put the jinx on .
Here's an official jinx. =)

"Sandley" Cup To Be Displayed At Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE

chesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
alatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Get on figuring that out, and save me a spot and something to light on fire. Our victories are inevitable.

Go Kings!

Also, to OP, best of luck to your team next season. Was really hoping to see you guys in the finals. Hoping your team out west can bring it home for you
Thanks, man. I'm hoping I get to see the Kings destroy the Devils in 4. Gagne is pretty clutch, I think he would be a great addition to pretty much any playoff team, but I guess that's not for me to decide. But he has scored some huge playoff goals during his time in Philly.

alatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatos View Post
Thanks, man. I'm hoping I get to see the Kings destroy the Devils in 4. Gagne is pretty clutch, I think he would be a great addition to pretty much any playoff team, but I guess that's not for me to decide. But he has scored some huge playoff goals during his time in Philly.
It's our dream to see Richards, Carter and Gagne on the ice together again. Would love to have him adding even more firepower to these playoffs. If it doesn't happen though, really excited for it next year.

You just gave me a reason to actually hope the Devils get to the finals Hope we can handle that for you.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:06 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Maybe we should sticky a Gagne thread.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:52 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

He won't see ice time. If it aint broke don't fix it. If the kings win the cup though his name will be on it.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:07 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

That's got to feel a little weird for players who win the Cup, but didn't play that much throughout the regular season and in the playoffs.

Old
05-10-2012, 07:19 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
That's got to feel a little weird for players who win the Cup, but didn't play that much throughout the regular season and in the playoffs.
He played about 15 to 20 games. That's enough to be on the cup right? 10 goals or so? Damn with the kings that's like 10 wins.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Got me thinking about Westgarth ... he didn't play the required number of games to get his name on the Cup, only 25. We also know Gange didn't, but being a veteran player the Kings would most likely petition to get his name added and I doubt the NHL BoG would deny him, but would they do it for Westgarth ? doubtful, poor guy. And how about Drewiske, poor guy.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
He played about 15 to 20 games. That's enough to be on the cup right? 10 goals or so? Damn with the kings that's like 10 wins.
Nope ... "players appearing in 41 regular-season games or one Stanley Cup Final game for the championship team have their names engraved on the Cup. The NHL makes exceptions for players who do not meet the standard because of injury or other extenuating circumstances."

Gagne played in 34 games ... see above ... I would think Gagne would get his name added IF the Kings can in fact win the cup, but ???

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:38 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Maybe we should sticky a Gagne thread.
I agree.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:40 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Oh, I fully expect for Gagne to get his name on the Cup, but I can't imagine it's the way he wanted to win one. He wouldn't even be on the ice to lift it in his gear. I actually feel the worst for Clifford since he played the entire season and lost his spot because of a dirty hit in the very first game of the playoffs. Talk about a bittersweet feeling.