HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gagne IN tonight for Game 3 (Confirmed)

Old
05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Oh you mean like saying the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup? Ok.. the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup... this year. 2012. The Kings.. the ones from Los Angeles, they are going to WIN the Stanley Cup. None of the Kings players are going to get injured and Dustin Brown is going to win a Conn Smythe. Is that a jinx? Should I not bother watching now?

BTW.. I really hope the Kings do win the Cup so I can dig up every single post of mine this year where I said the Kings are going to win the Cup this year.
I love this post.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Nope ... "players appearing in 41 regular-season games or one Stanley Cup Final game for the championship team have their names engraved on the Cup. The NHL makes exceptions for players who do not meet the standard because of injury or other extenuating circumstances."

Gagne played in 34 games ... see above ... I would think Gagne would get his name added IF the Kings can in fact win the cup, but ???
Yeah Kings could make a petition to get it on the cup like Boston did with Savard and considering he had a bad concussion this year like Savard, I would think and hope the NHL would allow it.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
http://blogues.lapresse.ca/gagnon/20...d%E2%80%99hui/

Will practice with contact today after getting the green light.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Oh my gatos!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:54 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

What? Does anyone think he actually plays this postseason?

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:55 AM
damacles1156

I doubt we see Gagne at all, Who is he going to replace ?

Right now, he wouldn't even replace a guy like King.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
What? Does anyone think he actually plays this postseason?

Is it time for me to hunt for my post from 3-4 weeks ago saying Gagne would play in the 3rd round?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Sutter is not making ANY lineup changes. Who would do that when the team is steamrolling great teams in the playoffs? Who?

Even if Rocket Richard was alive and in his prime he wouldn't get a sniff.

This team is clicking on all cylinders. If the wheels come off at some point in this incredible run, THEN you make changes.

But not now!

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Sutter is not making ANY lineup changes. Who would do that when the team is steamrolling great teams in the playoffs? Who?

Even if Rocket Richard was alive and in his prime he wouldn't get a sniff.

This team is clicking on all cylinders. If the wheels come off at some point in this incredible run, THEN you make changes.

But not now!
Now, that is just silly.

I don't think Gagne will play either, because he's no Rocket Richard, but injuries can still happen and it is nice to know that Clifford and/or Gagne are available to fill in.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:13 AM
MsWoof

Just a refresher: When Gagne came back in the 2010 playoffs he made an impact immediately. He scored the GWG in the Boston series that brought them back from 0-3 in the series and 0-3 in the game.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Just a refresher: When Gagne came back in the 2010 playoffs he made an impact immediately. He scored the GWG in the Boston series that brought them back from 0-3 in the series and 0-3 in the game.
THIS.
Gagne is better than Carter and adding him (assuming he's healthy*) would be a big addition to the team. Gagne would get on the 2nd PP unit and would also be used in PK situations to relieve the pressure for Kopitar/Richards.
A healthy Gagne is a great two-way top 6 winger with clutch goal scoring abilities.

*And he has mentioned himself he won't come back until he's 100% so if he's on the ice in contact drills I feel he isn't cheating his health status.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM
damacles1156

You guys are killing me.

People seriously want to plug in a guy that has missed the whole season basically.

A physical playoff's no less. I don't care how much skating you do, the playoff's are a different animal.

I don't care Gagne was fine in Tampa. Tampa doesn't require the relentless Fore check /Crash and bang hockey the Kings play.

People want to plug this guy in for Carter ?

WHY ? Carter is a bigger, faster forward. Carter is not costing the Kings anything with his play.

When Sutter needs a stop; Richards/Carter are almost always the line the comes over the board.

Why would anyone, want to mess with this lineup. WHY?

Sutter has seen 10 days of Gagne playing for him. Why would he even consider it ? Clifford would get into the lineup before Gagne.

Gagne's last 20 games before he went down:
20gp

2g 6a 8p -7.......

Last edited by damacles1156: 05-14-2012 at 11:11 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:19 AM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

I don't think it's so much inserting Gagne in the lineup immediately. But would it be awesome to have him in the holster, just in case something happens? HELL YES! Just like having Cliffy healthy as well. It never hurts to have guys in reserve. What happens if one of our wingers gets hurt? Potentially being able to bring in Simon friggin' Gagne instead of making Lokti play wing, is not a bad option to have.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
There is zero reason to put anyone in the lineup right now. I don't care if the Penguins waive Sidney Crosby and we win the claim on him. We are 9-1 in the playoffs. You don't mess with that. There is zero reason to mess with the lines. Clifford is 100% now too, but you see that Sutter is keeping him out of the lineup. You just don't mess with what works. Playing the best hockey in our history and people actually want to jumble lines?

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:33 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
There is zero reason to put anyone in the lineup right now. I don't care if the Penguins waive Sidney Crosby and we win the claim on him. We are 9-1 in the playoffs. You don't mess with that. There is zero reason to mess with the lines. Clifford is 100% now too, but you see that Sutter is keeping him out of the lineup. You just don't mess with what works. Playing the best hockey in our history and people actually want to jumble lines?
I agree. But it's nice to have him as an insurance policy.

As for the person who wants him in for Carter, that's nuts. Yeah, Carter should be scoring but he's been very effective defensively.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I doubt Gagne gets into these playoffs. Would love to have him tho.

Looking forward to a Gagne Richards Carter line next year.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
You guys are killing me.

People seriously want to plug in a guy that has missed the whole season basically.

A physical playoff's no less. I don't care how much skating you do, the playoff's are a different animal.

I don't care Gagne was fine in Tampa. Tampa doesn't require the relentless Fore check /Crash and bang hockey the Kings play.

People want to plug this guy in for Carter ?

WHY ? Carter is a bigger, faster forward. Carter is not costing the Kings anything with his play.

When Sutter needs a stop; Richards/Carter are almost always the line the comes over the board.

Why would anyone, want to mess with this lineup. WHY?

Sutter has seen 10 days of Gagne playing for him. Why would he even consider it ? Clifford would get into the lineup before Gagne.

Gagne's last 20 games before he went down:
20gp

2g 6a 8p -7.......
Who said Gagne should go in, in replace of Carter?

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Glad he's back, we have some back up aces in case doan cheapshots.one of our players

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Shellz

Glad to see he's healthy. But, there is no reason to put him in.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:01 PM
SLang

Gagne, and Clifford for that matter, are depth at this point. Glorious, lovely, beautiful DEPTH!!!!!

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Capn Brown

I wonder how Parse is......

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

From Hammond:

As first reported by Lapresse.ca, Simon Gagne has been cleared for contact, but Gagne will not be with the team in Arizona and is not close to returning to game action. Dean Lombardi confirmed this morning that Gagne, who has been out since he suffered a concussion on Dec. 26, has been cleared for contact, but Lombardi said Gagne will remain in Los Angeles and is a “long way from playing — needs to get hit.” Still, that’s good news for Gagne, who has been skating with the Kings’ prospects in recent days. Gagne’s return this season remains a long shot, as it has been for a couple months.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/05/14...edium=facebook

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Nice to have a guy like that ready in case of injury but obviously right now there's no reason to change anything, which is exactly why Clifford is still on the bench.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:04 PM
jml87

There's no chance Gagne plays in the third round. However, if we make it to the Cup finals, I really think he will play, even if for a couple minutes on the fourth line. I'd just hate to see him sit out the Cup finals when he has maybe 1 or 2 years left and I really think he could help out the team with his experience. Don't replace Carter with him, but I wouldn't leave him in the press box either.

All that said, it's pointless unless we win three more games, so I'm focused on the conference finals for now.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:58 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
THIS.
Gagne is better than Carter and adding him (assuming he's healthy*) would be a big addition to the team. Gagne would get on the 2nd PP unit and would also be used in PK situations to relieve the pressure for Kopitar/Richards.
A healthy Gagne is a great two-way top 6 winger with clutch goal scoring abilities.

*And he has mentioned himself he won't come back until he's 100% so if he's on the ice in contact drills I feel he isn't cheating his health status.
No, don't twist my words around. He's not better than Carter. Yeah, I know Carter hasn't been scoring or getting a lot of assists but his defense has been fantastic. There is no way I would put him in over Carter. The main issue with Carter not scoring is he's playing RW but most of his goals actually come from the left circle, like Stamkos. He's not getting much opportunity while on RW. Also, there have been 3 instances that I can think of where he served as a decoy and didn't get a point. On both of Richards' ppg, one against Van and the other against STL, and the one that Penner passed to Voynov against STL, he did work that didn't result in points for him. Add in those 3 points and nobody's *****ing about Carter.

Things need to be left alone as long as they're winning. The only thing I would like to be changed is the PP. It wouldn't hurt, that's for sure.