HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

how to sell paper tickets on StubHub?

Old
05-10-2012, 07:54 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
how to sell paper tickets on StubHub?

I have paper tickets since I bought them all at the pre-playoff special price with ST renewal.

If they make it to the SCP, I won't be able to attend. I'll be 3000 miles away on an island without an ice rink. So I'd have to sell them.

I'm familiar with selling electronic tickets. I haven't done the paper thing. I'm thinking that it could be a problem with the date/time being set so last-minute if someone ordered them and then they had to be shipped.

Is there any way to convert paper tickets to electronic ones, that can be delivered without having to use FedEx? Or is this not really an issue, as dates/times would be set in less of a last-minute manner than they have the past two rounds?

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:04 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Sell them on Craigslist as you don't pay overhead. But if they're season tickets just log into your account and you can click the "sell" option and they put it up on ticket exchange. Even if the team sent you paper tickets, your STH account still has the electronic forward/ sell option. It just canceles the bar code on your physical tickets. Tip: be aware of what the going rate is for comps, you don't want to list them too high and have them sit and go unsold.

I would say the market for upper bowl game 1 right now is $75 - $80 per ticket, rule of thumb is to double most lower bowl.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
I forward the email tickets from my coyotes account to my email and then you can upload them to stubhub. You can also select the sell by fedex option. I also link ebay ads through craigslist and ebay charges less in fees and I mail them. I cant stand meeting up people to exchange tickets using craigslist alone, crazy people out there

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Tanic

deleted

Tanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:25 AM
awfulwaffle

Don't paper tickets have a code on them, that you can enter and the connect to the seats for that game? I had tickets to the Diamondbacks, and I had to enter a code for those seats, and then was able to sell them on stubhub, and the buyer had to go to the stubhub representative to pick up the tickets. Not even sure if they could get them in email, they probably did, but I just had to put them up, and I got the money on them.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:21 AM
fishbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
I forward the email tickets from my coyotes account to my email and then you can upload them to stubhub.
This is what I do, too. Sold my Game 2 tickets a few hours ago like this, in fact.
Note that you can't forward tickets until a date/time is announced, but since it's all electronic, you could still accomplish this from a far away island so long as it had internet access.

fishbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:51 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Thanks! I hadn't even checked my online account manager since the end of the regular season, so I didn't realize the tickets would be on there as well.

I'll have internet access, so it shouldn't be a problem at all. What WILL be a problem is me feeling left out of a one in a lifetime chance to see my team win the cup. I'll deal with it, though. And maybe when they're done, I'll run into DMo and his family on the island.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbert View Post
This is what I do, too. Sold my Game 2 tickets a few hours ago like this, in fact.
Note that you can't forward tickets until a date/time is announced, but since it's all electronic, you could still accomplish this from a far away island so long as it had internet access.
You are right, very important factor to set the in hand date for something close to the projected start time...had an issue with that once

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:36 PM
lockstock

Where are your seats and how much are you selling them for?

Also, slightly off topic, but buy this book before you come out here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ulti...hty/1101868181

It's the best $10 to 15 you'll spend to make sure you get the most out of your time on island.

lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:51 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

They are section 205, row E seats 5&6. I don't know yet how much, I guess I need to see how much the face value is and find out if we're even in the final round first. And I suppose the opponent will make a bit of difference too in demand - I would assume there are more Rangers fans than Devils or Caps fans here in Phoenix?

When might the final round start? If the first game is Memorial day weekend, I may be able to make it. But any later than that and I won't.

I do have the Kaua'i Revealed book, it's a great reference! We used the same series for our trips to Oahu, Hawaii and Maui and they were invaluable.

I look forward to our trips but I have to say my excitement is a bit dampered this year because of the chance that I would miss the SC final round. I'm really considering the different options if they do make it.