HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

LA Kings are heavy favourites to win cup

Old
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

vCash: 500
Vegas odds pertaining to LA teams are always skewed, because so many people from LA go to Vegas on the weekend and bet the home team.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:21 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
This. Is the most. Awesome. GIF. Evar.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:21 PM
dogyekcoh*

Perhaps to the media and LV the Kings are the favorite team. To coach DS and the Kings' players still think we are the underdog. However, they are a confident bunch, knowing that when they are playing their best they catch match and beat any teams. their focus is in one game at a time and their goal is to win the Stanley Cup.
Now, to me these are important thing. Believe, Confidence and fFocus.

Go Kings!!!

P.S. I hope the media saw what I saw and made the Kings the favorite, and not because they are a bunch of bandwagoners that pick a hot team to win.

dogyekcoh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Came into this thread expecting "lucky Kings" posts.

Did not leave disappointed.

...did leave shocked that a mod decided to add to that and definitely did not expect the Kings to be 2-1 in Vegas. Prefer being the underdog. Damn you, Phoenix!

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOTC View Post
G/F: Los Angeles, 2.29, 29th
Nashville, 2.83, 8th

wut
Regular season stats.

wut

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:02 PM
parineum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOTC View Post
G/F: Los Angeles, 2.29, 29th
Nashville, 2.83, 8th

wut
The Kings are 1 goal away from scoring two goals for every goal against and tied for the best GFA of the teams remaining.

I'm not sure if you got the memo but it's the playoffs now. The Kings can score.

parineum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by illpucks View Post
Los Angeles Kings
2/1

New Jersey Devils
10/3

Phoenix Coyotes
7/2

New York Rangers
4/1

Washington Capitals
13/2

courtesy of bodog
If the Rangers win game 7, they'll be at anywhere from 2:1 to 5:2 (2.5:1), so basically tied with the Kings. Phoenix will have the worst odds at 7:2 (3.5:1), so not really that much worse than the Kings. The LA Kings are probably the slight favourites for the cup at the moment, based on how well they played in the first 2 rounds, but only slight favourites, not heavy favourites.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Phoenix would be a solid risk investment from a betting perspective, imo.

..although anyone that put money on any of the Kings, Yotes, or Caps (or Devils?) before the playoffs *cough* say 400 bucks on the Kings *cough* stands to do well!

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:55 PM
misch13vousmike

there is more bitter in this thread than a prostitute who got dumped off and didnt get paid. Ok, kings have no offense(sarcasm). ok, Smith is apparently better than Quick(sarcasm), cuz his name hasnt even been mentioned here. ( i LOL'd at this), also, every goalie who played in a Dave Tippet system has been god like, then leaves and gets $51M and sucks (other notables who really werent that good, Marty Turco).... well that says alot. I could probably play in net for PHX and put up numbers like that!!

But, go ahead, talk all you guys want about odds, about kings offense that apparently hasnt shown up since the trade deadline, (btw Nashville's offense belongs on a post season milk carton , so numbers during season dont really matter). The kings have SHOWN UP. they ran over Vancouver (enough with your excuses), they demolished ST Louis(enough with your excuses, although you guys arent even close to the excuses most Canucks fans have). While all your teams played hot all season, the Kings didnt.... i got news for you, they played cold against a team that came together at the RIGHT TIME!!! Happy day people!! GO KINGS!!!

misch13vousmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:08 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
This. Is the most. Awesome. GIF. Evar.
I hate those ****ing ponies.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:11 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewzaher View Post
Which is why they are the favorites and the Yotes are the underdogs . Which is good .. Yotes seem to do better as the underdogs
Based on vegas, Coyotes are underdogs. Based on the regular season, Kings are underdogs. Based on playoffs, I think it's a wash. Both teams have been playing well. This will be a great series.

I like what DocWest said on the last page that the Kings are the "favorite underdogs". Does that make Phoenix the "underdog favorites"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post

You do realize that the Kings were the 2nd worst offensive team in the league this season, and the Predators among the best?
I think that doesn't take into account the Kings as of the trade deadline, where they're 3rd best in offense if I recall correctly.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Obvious attempt by Ducks fan to jinx the Kings.
exactly. ****!

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:13 PM
gordie

The Kings have the odds on favorite to win the Conn Smythe in Quick, so this thread isn't out of order.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

The KIngs are just lucky argument is REALLY STARTING TO GRATE ON MY ****ING NERVES

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
Daniel came back for game 4, when the series was already 3-0. No margin for error by the time he was back.

I'm saying try to beat a healthy Blues team with Bernier in net and Doughty out for a game and playing hurt the rest of the time. See, perspective...
I didn't realize that Daniel Sedin was the entire Vancouver team. The Vancouver Daniel Sedins!

Let's ignore for a second the fact that Vancouver did fine in the regular season without D Sedin...

If Vancouver couldn't overcome the loss of one player, then they weren't deserving of the series win anyway. LA dominated them.

You are acting like LA is 100% healthy. Gagne, Parse, and Clifford have been out, and they are significant players for LA.

Your own player injured one of ours and took him out for the entire playoffs so far. Kyle Clifford hasn't played since Bitz' cheap shot on him. And lest you scoff at the notion that Clifford is an important player for LA, I'll remind you that he led the team in points and goals in last year's playoffs.

Old
05-11-2012, 02:27 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I've seen this before....Vegas looking to make money on the team who looks good to the layman bettor.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:33 PM
misch13vousmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I've seen this before....Vegas looking to make money on the team who looks good to the layman bettor.
THIS!! ^^ Although I can proudly at the moment say, i took a risk of $100 on the Kings the day of game 1 v. Vancouver, and locked it at 22/1, literally just for fun, thinking to myself, if they get ousted, whatever its a $100, but if they ACTUALLY win it all, that will pay for all the playoff games i went to, and all the games i went to this season and last lol

misch13vousmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:37 PM
cobra427

They should be the favorites. They knocked off the 1 and 2 seeds and are 8-1, the best record. That is what the public sees and what the big money in L.A. sees, so the heavy bets, which determine odds are on the Kings.

What might not be as visible is the 5 or 6 soft goals against back up goalies, 4 short handed goals, and 3 empty net goals.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

You guys are right. LA has gotten lucky.

Lucky that Brian Elliott **** the bed when people actually took the time to watch him play and make their own judgements on his apparent Vezina-worthy season.

Lucky that the Blues' great hope, Andy McDonald, didn't score on cue like nearly every Blues fan had predicted.

Lucky that Kesler, Booth, and Raymond failed to score vs LA.

Lucky that Edler was possibly the worst defenseman in the series (maybe Hamhuis was worse).

Lucky that the identical shots Mike Richards took from the goal line went through both Luongo and Elliott.

There are plenty of ways for fans to call LA lucky, but pinning the dismantling on one injured player in an attempt to downplay LA's effectiveness is ridiculous.

Old
05-11-2012, 02:40 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
They should be the favorites. They knocked off the 1 and 2 seeds and are 8-1, the best record. That is what the public sees and what the big money in L.A. sees, so the heavy bets, which determine odds are on the Kings.

What might not be as visible is the 5 or 6 soft goals against back up goalies, 4 short handed goals, and 3 empty net goals.
Here we go with this nonsense again....

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

with the Rangers being in a game 7 right now these odds are incomplete. If New York wins tomorrow I could see them becoming the new favorite.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Maybe those soft goals, short-handed goals, and empty net goals should only be worth a fraction of a goal.

They should have judges holding up point cards for the value of each goal, like the slam dunk competition or Dancing with the Stars.

Old
05-11-2012, 02:45 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
I don' think so. LA has something the preds don't. Offense.
This great offensive team was last in the league in offense most of the year. They've been really hot for a decent amount of games but I wouldn't be surprised to see their offensive game disappear playing Smith.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
with the Rangers being in a game 7 right now these odds are incomplete. If New York wins tomorrow I could see them becoming the new favorite.
Unless they win convincingly or something (LMAO!) I don't see why. They'd be the least impressive team left in the playoffs.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:01 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Sorry, heavy betting isn't in play when the lines are first established. So, no, heavy betting ON the Kings didn't establish the initial odds.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote