HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi-phx

Old
05-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Brunomics

vCash: 500
Nyi-phx

I was wondering what it would cost to bring over Raffi Torres. Could he be had for cheap since he is still serving his suspension going into next season? I would love having his style of play(don't care one bit that he is dirty) against the Isles division rivals.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
I could see him to be had for cheap. Can't see Phoenix dying to keep him.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:24 AM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

I would literally pay Phoenix to keep that dude in the west.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I was wondering what it would cost to bring over Raffi Torres. Could he be had for cheap since he is still serving his suspension going into next season? I would love having his style of play(don't care one bit that he is dirty) against the Isles division rivals.
I can't speak for all Isles fans, but as for me; I want that guy to have nothing to do with my team.

Marlo Stanfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
I can't speak for all Isles fans, but as for me; I want that guy to have nothing to do with my team.
That's fine I expect that opinion from some. But having a guy like that on the ice changes the dynamic of the game somewhat. Besides the Isles were tossed around like little *****es all year, that's also going to happen next year as well unless changes are made.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Kaibur

There's a chance that Torres would be available, particularly if guys like Chris Brown and Brett Hextall are ready to make a contribution on the bottom 6 for the Yotes. Torres was brought in to give us some toughness in the playoffs after we got humiliated in 4 against the Wings last year and he did that, but was a repeat offender.

Not sure what the return would be since the only thing the Yotes are really in need of are top 9 forward players and prospects.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:27 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Not sure what the return would be since the only thing the Yotes are really in need of are top 9 forward players and prospects.
Probably a mid to low round pick or lower-tier prospect. Can't see him having much value.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
That's fine I expect that opinion from some. But having a guy like that on the ice changes the dynamic of the game somewhat. Besides the Isles were tossed around like little *****es all year, that's also going to happen next year as well unless changes are made.
If you're looking to toughen up the team why do it through a trade in which you would lose assets. Sign Tootoo or Westgarth.
There are always depth players that provide phsyicality available on the UFA market for cheap.
I think it would be easy to get Torres, just not sure why.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

This Coyotes fan feels he was completely screwed over, and deserved zero games and no hearing of any kind.

Also, I really wish we had him in this Kings series, and I feel he was a valuable contributor down the stretch and a huge part of Phoenix winning the division in the first place.

I can't wait to have him back and hope the organization will welcome him with open arms.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:51 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
This is what I would expect Snow and Wang to say...

They didnt want to retain Konopka so I dont see them going for Raffi...

And if we are going after a tough grinding player I would Do what ever it takes to get Brandon Prust...

He will Probably be back with the Rags but he would be awsome on a line with Matt Martin....Both physical and tough with underrated offensive games...

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
startainfection

i would love for raffi torres to be an islander come next season and can we sign konopka too?

bottom six including martin konopka and torres would make me very happy

startainfection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:13 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Sign me up. Would love a guy like this on the Isles. I'd have a hard time offering up more than a 4th and an older/lower level prospect... maybe DiBo or Wishart. Not sure if PHX bites on that though.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote