HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Melnyk sells OHL majors

Old
05-11-2012, 12:37 AM
tahi0009

vCash: 500
Melnyk sells OHL majors

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/05/11/k...issauga-majors

Last edited by CanadianHockey: 05-12-2012 at 11:00 PM.
tahi0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:08 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
try again please.

edit: works

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:06 AM
operasen

With the divorce eating his pie (by 50%), he may need some financial calories to keep the Sens Cap numbers fluid with a chance to sign to the max if/when its warranted.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:27 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
With the divorce eating his pie (by 50%), he may need some financial calories to keep the Sens Cap numbers fluid with a chance to sign to the max if/when its warranted.
That could be part of it but i think the bigger issue is major hockey in the Gta does not word look at the Majors awful attendance even last year one of the best teams in the country and they were avg around 2500.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:30 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
50%? There's no way, anyone with as much money as Melnyk wouldn't have a prenup.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
50%? There's no way, anyone with as much money as Melnyk wouldn't have a prenup.
And if he doesn't have one he deserves to lose half his crap for being stupid.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Could be a move to buy something else.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:54 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Could be a move to buy something else.
He's long been interested in the 67s but I can't see Hunt selling now with OSEG finally getting off the ground.

I think Melynk fancies himself as the guy who would own every sports team in Ottawa.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:51 AM
operasen

Maybe he'll vote for Mississauga to get the next franchise after Quebec returns

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Senators Growing
Next year again...

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
That could be part of it but i think the bigger issue is major hockey in the Gta does not word look at the Majors awful attendance even last year one of the best teams in the country and they were avg around 2500.

They had terrible ticket options, which doesn't help. When the Majors were in the post-season you had to commit to full seasons' or you were SOL, basically. No one wants to pay that kind of money to see kids, heck the 67s have $10 tickets and they don't even sell out all their games.

Like what he's doing with the Sens cap-wise. Cheapter is <3. I'll support a team that is cheap and cuts corners a lot more than a cap team.

Senators Growing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:11 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
They had terrible ticket options, which doesn't help. When the Majors were in the post-season you had to commit to full seasons' or you were SOL, basically. No one wants to pay that kind of money to see kids, heck the 67s have $10 tickets and they don't even sell out all their games.

Like what he's doing with the Sens cap-wise. Cheapter is <3. I'll support a team that is cheap and cuts corners a lot more than a cap team.
The 67s don't sell out but they have the biggest rink in the league and they are still one of the better markets for attendance as for Toronto it comes down to there is not a huge taste for major jr or any hockey besides nhl.

Old
05-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Zorf
Let's win it all- MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
And if he doesn't have one he deserves to lose half his crap for being stupid.
I don't think he's stupid if he doesn't have one. Who really goes into a marriage planning for it to fail? The concept of a prenup drives me nuts. By bringing one into the relationship, you're basically saying you have doubts and want to protect yourself. How is that a good way to go into a marriage?

Also, a prenup would only entitle Uncle Eugene to keep the assets he had before he got married. I'm sure he made the majority of his millions/billions after he was married, so all of that is divided evenly, unless they come to some sort of agreement.

I think he and his wife were married for a number of years, so there is still plenty to be divided, all of which are not protected by any prenuptual agreement.

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
He's long been interested in the 67s but I can't see Hunt selling now with OSEG finally getting off the ground.

I think Melynk fancies himself as the guy who would own every sports team in Ottawa.
I was thinking of something in the soccer world

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Anyone know for how much??

Old
05-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Ed Wood

How did I not know he was getting a divorce?

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:46 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorf View Post
I don't think he's stupid if he doesn't have one. Who really goes into a marriage planning for it to fail? The concept of a prenup drives me nuts. By bringing one into the relationship, you're basically saying you have doubts and want to protect yourself. How is that a good way to go into a marriage?

Also, a prenup would only entitle Uncle Eugene to keep the assets he had before he got married. I'm sure he made the majority of his millions/billions after he was married, so all of that is divided evenly, unless they come to some sort of agreement.

I think he and his wife were married for a number of years, so there is still plenty to be divided, all of which are not protected by any prenuptual agreement.
Are you married?

He may not have one, a prenup, but he sure as hell has an insurance policcy that gives her a lump sum payment. That is what the big boys do. First, she doesn't want the company or shares...she wants the cash. He essentially buys her rights for a predetermined amount and she agrees to this while they are married.

Prenups don't really work as people think unless you were filthy rich prior to marriage, but you always lose the home!

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 10:38 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:

Agreed. I hate people with home insurance as well. Who buys a house planning to have it burn down..losing all your things and leaving your life in shambles?

Dont even get me started on life insurance.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Agreed. I hate people with home insurance as well. Who buys a house planning to have it burn down..losing all your things and leaving your life in shambles?

Hahaha, too funny.

When you need out, you get out. Eug will be just fine, as will his Ex.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:39 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post

It's been several years since that was the case.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:17 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
It's been several years since that was the case.
Thats true i think there around $15-20 now.

Old
05-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Zorf
Let's win it all- MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post

I hope you're being sarcastic because I can't imagine that you are so dumb that you can't put a distinction between a house and a marriage.

A house is an investment, so everyone has an insurance plan to protect that investment.
A marriage is (supposed to be) a lifelong commitment to be with a person, through good times and bad, sickness and health...and so on. If someone is willing to make that commitment to someone, why is there a need for a prenup? Why make this sort of commitment to someone but then state that you have doubts so it doesn't work, you want to keep your stuff?

To me, a prenup is counter-intuitive to what a marriage stands for.

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
I hope you're being sarcastic because I can't imagine that you are so dumb that you can't put a distinction between a house and a marriage.

A house is an investment, so everyone has an insurance plan to protect that investment.
A marriage is (supposed to be) a lifelong commitment to be with a person, through good times and bad, sickness and health...and so on. If someone is willing to make that commitment to someone, why is there a need for a prenup? Why make this sort of commitment to someone but then state that you have doubts so it doesn't work, you want to keep your stuff?

Spoken like someone who has little to lose. Prenups are there to protect those who have a lot going into marriage and a generally pretty generous to both parties (Look at tiger woods' prenup). Someone with Eugene's wealth would be crazy not to enter marriage without a prenup, assuming he was filthy rich when he got married and not after.

Dick Whitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:01 PM
coladin

Quote:

This is a joke, right?

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:

What if your spouse cheats on you and then when you get divorced they take half of everything you've worked your life to get?

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:34 AM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Didn't he buy and move the Miss Ice Dogs while owning the St. Mike's Majors just so he could move them to his prefered destination? Seems like a lot of effort just to sell a few years later.

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote