HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Trade Talk Part. 3

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
He got out of the way and let the puck in on the short handed goal. Pathetic.
If I remember correctly, Christian Ehrhoff pushed him out of the net and Bergeron had an empty cage to shoot at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
game 6 was the only one where luongo really did ***** the bed
Well, almost every game at TD Gardens wasn't good for Lu.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
05-15-2012, 11:50 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
He got hit in the front of the pads and spun out of the way.

If you get hit in the front you should go backwards, no?

Even if you think that the momentum of the bump he took somehow spun him out of the way, he still didn't make anywhere near a good enough effort to keep that puck out.
Sometimes that happens on a slippery surface. He probably lost track of the puck given he got bumped on a completely bizarre play.

Here's something to note: if our PP actually does its job and scores on the PP, that goal doesn't happen and instead of being down 3-0 it's now only 2-1.

05-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
He got hit in the front of the pads and spun out of the way.

If you get hit in the front you should go backwards, no?

Even if you think that the momentum of the bump he took somehow spun him out of the way, he still didn't make anywhere near a good enough effort to keep that puck out.

Again I'll ask:

What do you suggest he should have done differently? What could he have done to stop the puck from going in the net in your opinion?

Old
05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Basso

Little birdie told me Lou may stay here and Schnieds may be he bait.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatles View Post
Again I'll ask:

What do you suggest he should have done differently? What could he have done to stop the puck from going in the net in your opinion?
Tried to stay in front of it? Tried to cover it up? Anything but give up on the puck to avoid contact.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:40 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basso View Post
Little birdie told me Lou may stay here and Schnieds may be he bait.
I don't care who goes as long as the return matches what we are losing.

Did you actually 'hear' something, or are you just trying to be cute? (Not that I hold HFposters in high regard as 'inside sources').

Old
05-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Tried to stay in front of it? Tried to cover it up? Anything but give up on the puck to avoid contact.
He did stay in front of it though & in doing so he got ran into by 2 players! a 6'1 190 lbs & a 6'2 200 lbs player. It would be hard to cover the puck up without lunging at it (lunge out on his stomach move) because by the time the puck makes it to Luongo, Bergeron is like a half second away from crashing into him & if he did lunge at that there is a very good chance he gets hit head first & is injured. I don't see a goalie giving up on the play to avoid contact, how the hell do you see that? If he was giving up on the play to avoid contact wouldn't he of avoided the contact?

People always want him to stay on his knees & in the butterfly. This time he does & he gets crashed into & gets flamed for it.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:02 PM
vanwest

Quote:
I'm with Scurr on this. I was at the game. I've seen lots of goalies stop that type of play. I thought Luongo was mediocre that game but it really didn't matter. We were never even in the game. He had lots of company.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatles View Post
He did stay in front of it though & in doing so he got ran into by 2 players! a 6'1 190 lbs & a 6'2 200 lbs player. It would be hard to cover the puck up without lunging at it (lunge out on his stomach move) because by the time the puck makes it to Luongo, Bergeron is like a half second away from crashing into him & if he did lunge at that there is a very good chance he gets hit head first & is injured. I don't see a goalie giving up on the play to avoid contact, how the hell do you see that? If he was giving up on the play to avoid contact wouldn't he of avoided the contact?

People always want him to stay on his knees & in the butterfly. This time he does & he gets crashed into & gets flamed for it.
There was zero desperation on his part. He ends up sitting there, looking at the ref. The contact wasn't enough to knock him over or even knock him off balance, he simply slides out of the way. He doesn't even try to reach back and grab the puck. If you think that was the best effort he could give on the play, again, I don't know what to say.

That's it for me. It was a long time ago, I didn't mean to derail the thread, I'm moving on.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:36 PM
mrbitterguy

Quote:
There was zero desperation on his part. He ends up sitting there, looking at the ref. The contact wasn't enough to knock him over or even knock him off balance, he simply slides out of the way. He doesn't even try to reach back and grab the puck. If you think that was the best effort he could give on the play, again, I don't know what to say.
i thought exactly this when i saw the play live. the biggest problem for luongo was that tt was playing goal like a linebacker at the other end and would NEVER have let that weak sauce push put the puck into the net. how about some battle? how about taking matters into your own hands and not begging the refs for help?

seriously, if you thought that luongo did all that was possible to keep that puck out of the net you have no credibility as an evaluator of goaltending. <end tangent>

Old
05-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

That's it for me. It was a long time ago, I didn't mean to derail the thread, I'm moving on.
Looking at the ref? Looks to me like he is pointing to the puck & yelling/asking how that counts. Would you prefer he goes over & tackles the ref like Cujo (i think) did?

The contact/momentum of 2 players was enough to knock him off balance & push him off to the side though! I really don't see how you can see that differently without having an agenda of some sort. I don't like the personal attacks but you have to be delusional to think that the momentum of 2 6' foot+ , 200 pound players likely skating 20 mph+ wouldn't be enough to push him out of the way enough to interfere with his ability to make the save.

Really he doesn't try to reach back and grab the puck? What is he doing at :39 seconds of that clip? Cause it looks to me like he is trying to grab the puck with his glove hand. The second he can see the puck once it gets out of the jumble of Bergeron/Ehrhoff he tries to grab it.

I personally think it looks like Bergeron bats the puck in with his hand, its a little hard to grab the puck while being crashed into if someone is batting at it at the same time.... buts thats just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitterguy View Post
how about taking matters into your own hands and not begging the refs for help?

seriously, if you thought that luongo did all that was possible to keep that puck out of the net you have no credibility as an evaluator of goaltending. <end tangent>
Begging for help? More like to do their job!

What makes you (or anyone on here) credible as an evaluator of goaltending?

Last edited by Scottrockztheworld*: 05-15-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Basso

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I don't care who goes as long as the return matches what we are losing.

Did you actually 'hear' something, or are you just trying to be cute? (Not that I hold HFposters in high regard as 'inside sources').
Actually heard something. It's going to be an intresting summer.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:05 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
I've thought all along that it could be either one. The only scenario I don!'t see is keeping both.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:08 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
If we are rebuilding, keep Schneider. If we are still calling ourselves Cup Contenders then keep Luongo and trade Schneider for an excellent asset who can help us win now.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:43 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
well you might as well share it now...unless you like being a ****tease.

Edit- woah...censor didn't catch that one

Old
05-15-2012, 03:46 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
well you might as well share it now...unless you like being a ****tease.

Edit- woah...censor didn't catch that one
Was gonna say

Info or gtfo basso

Old
05-15-2012, 03:56 PM
silvercanuck

Quote:
If you actually heard something you need to elaborate. What exactly did you hear?

Saying that the Canucks may trade Schneider instead of Luongo is not a scoop. We already know that the Canucks have to trade one of them.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Basso

Can't share mate, who knows who's surfing these boards. Having an insider is a pretty cool feeling though

Old
05-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Basso

To clarify, that's all the scoop is and yeah it may not sound like much, just wanted to let you guys know Lou staying is still a possibility.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:59 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Can't share mate, who knows who's surfing these boards. Having an insider is a pretty cool feeling though
Give me a ****ing break.

Unless your real name is Basso, how could that be tracked LOL!

If you're insider scans HF, I don't really trust it...

Old
05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
opendoor

I wouldn't be surprised if the organization wanted to float rumors that Schneider could be moved in order to better their position. They'd be in a lot better spot in trade talks if the other team wasn't 100% certain that they needed to move Luongo.

However given the circumstances (especially Luongo requesting a trade), I can't see it actually happening. I think they've already burned the Luongo bridge, especially if AV is returning.

Old
05-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Just exactly how are you getting this insider her information you ol' dog?

Old
05-15-2012, 04:05 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the organization wanted to float rumors that Schneider could be moved in order to better their position. They'd be in a lot better spot in trade talks if the other team wasn't 100% certain that they needed to move Luongo.

However given the circumstances (especially Luongo requesting a trade), I can't see it actually happening. I think they've already burned the Luongo bridge, especially if AV is returning.
Agreed. Luongo will be the one leaving and I think that's pretty clear. In the meantime, I think Gillis will want to create the impression that he could keep either one. That just makes good business sense. I think the decsion to move Luongo has already been made and it is a mutual one.

Old
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Don't you guys ever get sick of arguing about the same stuff over and over again?

Old
05-15-2012, 04:07 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Don't you guys ever get sick of arguing about the same stuff over and over again?
Obviously we don't

Closed Thread