HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nash to Ottawa

Old
05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
wilfred

vCash: 500
Nash to Ottawa

To Clb
Bishop (played very well with the Sens in limited time)
Zibanejad (Not Yakupov but top prospect)
Foligno (47 points last season)
Butler (nice prospect needs a fresh start)

To Ott
Nash

This thread was made before(or something similar) that was before CLB lost the draft lottery.

I am assuming that Murray will be drafted by CLB, so I think CLB will be looking for forward prospect + a goalie in return for Nash.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
To Clb

To Ott
Nash

This thread was made before(or something similar) that was before CLB lost the draft lottery.

I am assuming that Murray will be drafted by CLB, so I think CLB will be looking for forward prospect + a goalie in return for Nash.
How does this help out Columbus, your going to get flamed for this one

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Bishop was the top rated goalie in the AHL and was called the best goalie not playing in the NHL. He is a future #1 goalie. Which CBJ need.

Zibanejad is a top rated prospect last years 6th over all. Scored the game winning goal for Sweden at the World Juniors. Large boy, going to get bigger expected to be top 6 impact player.

Foligno is a terrific role player with an offensive upside. Can fight, can aggitate and got 47 points this year. Crosby and goalies hate him.

Butler is...

We would probably have to take out Butler and add our 1st.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:53 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
i don't see why he would get flamed. maybe it's not a deal CLB accepts but, based on the NYR offer, it's in the same ballpark value-wise. rejectable, sure. flame-worthy, i don't think so. not sure if you actually think so, are just being a troll, or just know nothing about the Ottawa prospect system.

NYR deal (on the assumption that, while rejected, it was close): Dubinsky, Miller, Erixon, Thomas, 1st

Foligno > Dubinsky
Zbad >> Erixon
Bishop >= Miller (and actually fills a glaring need)
Butler = Thomas
I think that the differences in the first 3 = late, late 1st

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
"Objectively" speaking, this is not what we really need. Speaking personally, though, with the glaring exception of Butler I personally really like all of those players (and considering our "depth" on RW, arguably Butler has a place here too). Zib is a very good "prospect bribery" pickup, as is Bishop, and while Foligno isn't the class of roster player we're looking for, I really like him a lot too.

This shouldn't be okay, but the little girl in the back of my head is jumping up and down saying "Take it! Take it!"

Call it our backup option if we can't fleece San Jose for their offensive depth?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:59 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
To Clb

To Ott
Nash

I am guessing that Columbus would want Cowen in the deal somewhere, especially over Butler or Foligno

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I am guessing that Columbus would want Cowen in the deal somewhere, especially over Butler or Foligno
Would love to have him, no question... but I imagine that makes it a non-starter for Ottawa.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

As a Sens fan I say no because we would have 3 players taking up almost one third of our salary cap.
Value wise it not terrible though

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Everyone wants Cowen but he's not available, not even for Rick Nash, who, btw, wouldn't come to Ottawa from the sounds of it.

Besides, as a Sens fan, I wouldn't want to see this team lose the depth they've been able to build up over the last couple of years. I think that Nash will start slowing down considerably as he gets older much the same way Heatley has. Nash is Heatley but with sick hands and a bigger frame., imo.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:04 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
in what world is Nash worth Zibanejad AND Cowen? Cowen is a non-starter, he'll be a rock on the backend for the next decade.

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:13 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
i don't see why he would get flamed. maybe it's not a deal CLB accepts but, based on the NYR offer, it's in the same ballpark value-wise. rejectable, sure. flame-worthy, i don't think so. not sure if you actually think so, are just being a troll, or just know nothing about the Ottawa prospect system.

NYR deal (on the assumption that, while rejected, it was close): Dubinsky, Miller, Erixon, Thomas, 1st

Foligno > Dubinsky
Zbad >> Erixon
Bishop >= Miller (and actually fills a glaring need)
Butler = Thomas
I think that the differences in the first 3 = late, late 1st
Completely agree. Plus also, the purported reported NYR deal was way too much.
(We think Miller may be a Kreider - lite.), especially since there is ? about Nash willingness to play elsewhere which impacts his intensity + also his contract

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:20 PM
wilfred

Quote:
I would think if CLB drafts Murray, CLB's D is almost set. IMO Zibanejad would make more sense, he has as much upside as Cowen.

As an Ottawa fan it would be tough to let all those good players go, but for a player like Nash combined with our prospect depth I think it would be worth it.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
It's not that bad. With a little bit tinkering it could work. Maybe:

Zibanejad + Bishop + Noeson/Puempel?

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Sureves

No thanks, don't want Nash's cap hit.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Bishop was the top rated goalie in the AHL and was called the best goalie not playing in the NHL. He is a future #1 goalie. Which CBJ need.
So was Mark Dekanich a year ago, and the parallels between Dekanich, Bishop, and Cedrick Desjardins (pending Group VI free agent) are many.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Why did you even start the thread? Ottawa wasn't on his list and he is keeping it. IMO not near value

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
topshelf15

Going to be hard to pry Nash out of clb,he is the face of that franchise and even though it is assumed he wants out .They need an overpayment for him or he stays,they cant afford to get a move of this magnitude wrong, the health of their franchise depends on it

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:17 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
Why did you even start the thread? Ottawa wasn't on his list and he is keeping it. IMO not near value
Meh nobody knows who is on the list really

Old
05-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee;49588071Dekanich
So was Mark Dekanich a year ago, and the parallels between Dekanich, Bishop, and Cedrick Desjardins (pending Group VI free agent) are many.
Player------NHL GP - GAA - SV%
Dekanich ---2---------3.60 - .880
Desjardins -2---------1.00 - .986
Bishop -----23--------2.72 - .900

Bishop has played 23 games over 3 seasons so far. Dekanich technically only played 1 since he was relieved another goalie 10 minutes into the game.

GM's and goalie coaches also love the fact that Bishop is 6'7. Meaning he still covers a large portion of the net even when down to make a save.

Old
05-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Player------NHL GP - GAA - SV%
Dekanich ---2---------3.60 - .880
Desjardins -2---------1.00 - .986
Bishop -----23--------2.72 - .900

Bishop has played 23 games over 3 seasons so far. Dekanich technically only played 1 since he was relieved another goalie 10 minutes into the game.

GM's and goalie coaches also love the fact that Bishop is 6'7. Meaning he still covers a large portion of the net even when down to make a save.
Y'know, you could have just said "that's an interesting point" instead of looking for the absolute smallest sample size imaginable.

When Dekanich was signed last year, he was 25 years old, with three years as a college starter and 122 AHL games. He had 6,967 minutes in the AHL, 251 goals against, and 2,980 saves (.922 save %).

This summer, Desjardins will be 26 years old (27 by the end of the year), with three years as a QMJHL starter and 148 AHL games (and 66 ECHL games). He will have 8,335 minutes in the AHL, 323 GA, 3,645 saves (.919 save %).

Ben Bishop is 25 and will be 26 by the end of the year. He has three years as a college starter, plus 162 AHL games. 9,473 minutes in the AHL, 409 GA and 4,204 saves (.911 save %).

Now obviously, there'd be a lot more to analyze than just that, but the AHL numbers are a lot closer to equalizing than the extremely limited NHL numbers.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

But NHL experience is not a small factor.

Would you like me to show you Corey Lockes numbers? Show how well he plays in the AHL?

my point is Ben Bishop is a step ahead of the other two. If not for his NHL experience, the fact he has earned a 1 way contract should.

Old
05-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Kulemon

That is brutal and besides why would Nash want to come to Ottawa?

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Trading about young players and a top prospect aren't good rebuild strategies.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:14 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
Ah yes, the alleged list.....just like how the media reported the teams on Luongo's list....before people in Vancouver confirmed he hadn't even submitted a list. Or how the media reported Marc Savard would only waive for Toronto...until better sources said he'd also like to go back home to Ottawa! Let's not starting believing all the twitter speculation....

You ask a guy off the top of his head and he says "4 great teams + my hometown." You give him more time and a sales pitch and pretty sure he'd be amenable to a number of cities.

That being said, as much as I'd love Nash, I really hope he stays in Columbus. He's been a great ambassador for the organization, and he's needed there more than in other markets - especially through the next 're-build.'

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:37 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfist View Post
Ah yes, the alleged list.....just like how the media reported the teams on Luongo's list....before people in Vancouver confirmed he hadn't even submitted a list. Or how the media reported Marc Savard would only waive for Toronto...until better sources said he'd also like to go back home to Ottawa! Let's not starting believing all the twitter speculation....

You ask a guy off the top of his head and he says "4 great teams + my hometown." You give him more time and a sales pitch and pretty sure he'd be amenable to a number of cities.

That being said, as much as I'd love Nash, I really hope he stays in Columbus. He's been a great ambassador for the organization, and he's needed there more than in other markets - especially through the next 're-build.'
Yep good post ,Nash has helped bring hockey to CLB so trading him should only be done as a last resort,and if it comes to that it has to be done very carefully