HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Weber RFA + Suter UFA

Old
05-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Weber RFA + Suter UFA

https://twitter.com/#!/WillyD1025/st...17226016374785

This is a twitter of a Nashville Radio host directly quoting Poile.

Quote:
Poile: "I will be doing Suter and Weber's contracts together, not independently."
Let's say Weber and Suter tell Poile they want to stay together, but not on the Preds. It sounds like they are a package deal at this point, and if the preds dont sign them, we will want to get something for our assets. Suter has also said he wants his next deal to be his career deal, not just a 1 year thing. I assume Weber wants the same. What would your team give up to get the best D pairing in hockey as a package?

The preds would want serious defenseman coming back. We would be losing our #1 and #2, so we wouldnt need replacements. Forwards are good too, but a strong defenseman or two needs to be the centerpiece.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:29 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Flyers are all over it, idk who we have defensively that you would want though.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:30 PM
oilersfan11

Maybe Detroit could land both.

oilersfan11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
The preds would want serious defenseman coming back. We would be losing our #1 and #2, so we wouldnt need replacements. Forwards are good too, but a strong defenseman or two needs to be the centerpiece.
Not a Rangers fan but I'll take a shot at this with an offer from their side (assuming both are signed);

Dubinsky + Kreider + Staal/McDonaugh + __________ ?

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Not a Rangers fan but I'll take a shot at this with that team (assuming both are signed);

Dubinsky + Kreider + Staal/McDonaugh + __________ ?
I honestly think the Rags are the best team to make a deal with on this. I agree the base has to be Stall/McDonaugh/MDZ+ Kreider, and the details worked out from there. I might even say Stall+MDZ+Dubi or something.

Old
05-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Halpysback

Green + Schultz + Eakin + both WAS 1sts assuming they're willing to sign for life at 7.5 million per each.

Comes out as

Green + Eakin + 10th OA for Weber

Schultz + lower 1st for Suter

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
I honestly think the Rags are the best team to make a deal with on this. I agree the base has to be Stall/McDonaugh/MDZ+ Kreider, and the details worked out from there. I might even say Stall+MDZ+Dubi or something.
That was my one thought, the other being the Bruins with Hamilton + Horton (if the concussion is gone) + Krecji

Both teams have cap space and assets.

Old
05-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
That was my one thought, the other being the Bruins with Hamilton + Horton (if the concussion is gone) + Krecji

Both teams have cap space and assets.
I'd might be on board with this, but it'd be way too much, Chara, Suter, and Weber on the same team... That's like 23m in cap. No way. If either, the Bruins would go after Suter and Suter only. I guess that's not happening.

Rangers are probably the best team for this deal.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Ryan + Fowler + 6th overall

Never would happen for so many reasons but I can dream.

____- Getzlaf-Perry

Weber-Suter

Hiller

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Duchene + from the Avs. If he were to the leave Colorado, I think Nashville is one of the first places he'd feel comfortable in because of how vocal he is about enjoying country music and the outdoor lifestyle.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post

____- Getzlaf-Perry

Weber-Suter

Hiller
Fowler would be a great centerpiece. Something like this deal could work.

Old
05-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
I'd might be on board with this, but it'd be way too much, Chara, Suter, and Weber on the same team... That's like 23m in cap. No way. If either, the Bruins would go after Suter and Suter only. I guess that's not happening.

Rangers are probably the best team for this deal.
Could you imagine a PP with Chara and Weber on it? Goalies NHL wide would be crapping their drawers!!

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Duchene + from the Avs. If he were to the leave Colorado, I think Nashville is one of the first places he'd feel comfortable in because of how vocal he is about enjoying country music and the outdoor lifestyle.
I would give love Duchene, but our defense would be (let's say we sign Carle)

Josi-Carle
Ellis-Eklhom
Klein-Hillen

Yeah....not happening. Some other UFA signings could help, but still. I'd love Duchene, I just think we need defenseman if we trade these two.

Old
05-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
It the rumor is true of the cap going to 69 million would you consider it bearable? I know 1/3 of the cap going to 3 players is a lot but that's an absolute elite defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post

____- Getzlaf-Perry

Weber-Suter

Hiller
That's not a bad way at all to rebuild your blueline and Nashville gets a pretty good deal as well

Old
05-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Kaen

Seeing as Weber is a RFA, if they want to stay together it will be in Nashville or in a year when he becomes an UFA. If they want to be on the same team Poile can just say no to try to force Suter to stay while Weber doesn't have much of a choice unless Nashville decides not to match any offersheets.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:48 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Yakupov and Whitney

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
Seeing as Weber is a RFA, if they want to stay together it will be in Nashville or in a year when he becomes an UFA. If they want to be on the same team Poile can just say no to try to force Suter to stay while Weber doesn't have much of a choice unless Nashville decides not to match any offersheets.
From a Nashville perspective, why would we hold on to Weber for a year when he doesnt want to be here, only to lose both him and Suter a year later for no return?

If these two are leaving, we are going to have to completely remake our team, and we might as well get started by getting major pieces back for those two if they really want out.

Old
05-11-2012, 04:55 PM
thedonger

Quote:
https://twitter.com/#!/WillyD1025/st...17226016374785

This is a twitter of a Nashville Radio host directly quoting Poile.

Let's say Weber and Suter tell Poile they want to stay together, but not on the Preds. It sounds like they are a package deal at this point, and if the preds dont sign them, we will want to get something for our assets. Suter has also said he wants his next deal to be his career deal, not just a 1 year thing. I assume Weber wants the same. What would your team give up to get the best D pairing in hockey as a package?

If in some fantasyland, chairman Wang would open his purse to commit to relatively high $$$ and long term deals, and the 2 d would be willing to accept it, here's what I'd offer from the isles:
-Streit/Hamonic(yeah, I went there) + Nino/Strome/#4 overall + Okposo/Grabner

thedonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
If in some fantasyland, chairman Wang would open his purse to commit to relatively high $$$ and long term deals, and the 2 d would be willing to accept it, here's what I'd offer from the isles:
-Streit/Hamonic(yeah, I went there) + Nino/Strome/#4 overall + Okposo/Grabner
Hamonic + Strome/4th overall + Okposo I would do in a heartbeat. Would suck to lose Hamonic but two for the price of one in terms of adding defense (our weakest point)? I'm all for it. I don't think Nino appeals to Nashville but a young center or 4th overall pick definitely should.

Old
05-11-2012, 04:58 PM
SIDGENO8771

Staal + Martin + 1st or Malkin + Martin + Michalek (both must resign)

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:07 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Hamonic + Strome/4th overall + Okposo I would do in a heartbeat. Would suck to lose Hamonic but two for the price of one in terms of adding defense (our weakest point)? I'm all for it. I don't think Nino appeals to Nashville but a young center or 4th overall pick definitely should.
yeah, I wasn't sure what nsh would prefer and was thinking of leaving nino out for the same reason, that's why I made any one of the 3 available.

thedonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I highly doubt the Rangers would be interested in both. That kind of cap commitment is nuts for a team that has some serious contracts on the books already. Weber would fill a need, but the price we'd have to pay eats from depth that we don't have. The Rangers have a lot banking on Kreider's success. If he wasn't dealt for Nash, I can't imagine they'd change their stance for a blue liner.

Pondering a top-4 of Suter-Weber, McDonagh-Girardi is enough to give you an aneurysm, but you quickly fall back to earth when you realize keeping all 4, PLUS Lundqivst would be neigh impossible without ditching Richards or Gaborik. Unless Suter and Weber are coming bundled for less than $11M per year in total cap hit, I can't imagine it even being a consideration for the Rangers.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Fowler would be a great centerpiece. Something like this deal could work.
Quote:
It the rumor is true of the cap going to 69 million would you consider it bearable? I know 1/3 of the cap going to 3 players is a lot but that's an absolute elite defense

That's not a bad way at all to rebuild your blueline and Nashville gets a pretty good deal as well
It is definitely a great value but the Ducks couldnt do it for many reasons. If we do then our best forward signed past next year is Andrew Cogliano.

Not to mention, if we could resign Getzlaf and Perry then we would have 4 7.5+ guys. The Ducks cant afford that.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Best deals I've seen so far:

Staal+Kreider+Dubi
Hamonic+Strome+Grabner
Ryan+Fowler+6th overall

I'll also suggest...

OEL+Boedker

Is a team allowed to let a player negotiate with a team before the trade? I.e. could Nashville let suter talk to NYR or whoever before so NYR are sure he will sign and Nashville can maximize value.

Old
05-11-2012, 05:16 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Poile says that, but I think that's his optimism that he's keeping both.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote