HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Plekanec's Article

Old
05-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Good Plekanec's Article

the guy's a leader on this team

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...-avec-plekanec

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Ludo

yup...just read that. Nice article. Here's a guy who puts the team's success ahead of his own. Great guy to keep on board and work with.

Ludo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:33 AM
WeezyHabFan

Very good article, god its been awhile since I read anything french...My 13 school years of french still work!

God I hope we dont trade Pleks anytime soon, hes such a good leader and gives it every shift.

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I keep saying it, Plekanec is the type of player you win with, a real pro. Instead of trying to dump him because he isn't 6'4" we should surround him better(than last year anyways).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Plekanec likes people from LaPresse

Anyways I really hope Subban matures going into next year, that's all he is missing from being a great player in this league

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:57 AM
macavoy

wow, really good article. He was really honest and forthcoming with his answers. I like that. Good to see him living up his gangsta image and marrying an actress.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:01 PM
evilstanley

hes the man

hes one of those guys that will always have more value to the habs than any other team in the league.

hes been our team's best indicator of whats working and whats not working. when he's doing well, the team does as well. when its not the case, reading pleky's play can be indicative.

love plex, good season coming up, im sure of it.

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:04 PM
charlie

He should be helping with the dishes

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:06 PM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstanley View Post
hes the man

hes one of those guys that will always have more value to the habs than any other team in the league.

hes been our team's best indicator of whats working and whats not working. when he's doing well, the team does as well. when its not the case, reading pleky's play can be indicative.

love plex, good season coming up, im sure of it.
He definitely needs some guys to play with. What he needs is someone just as skilled or more skilled, when he played with Kovalev the guy was a rockstar. It just seems when he is given the reigns to lead a line he comes up short. If he has a Parise next to him or a Marleau then this team is going deep into the playoffs.

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Et le But

I really can't understand how a Habs fan can dislike this guy. He's not going to carry you to glory but he's the type of player every team needs, a jack of all trades who always puts the team first.

He's good to have around the younger players too. He might not be the extroverted, vocal leader type but I've notice him speaking to the younger forwards all the time. I remember seeing him look speaking to Eller after bad defensive play, Eller was clearly focused on listening to him.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs aren't blessed with gifted wingers. The coaches execise a sort of triage in which they calculate that Plekanec would suffer less than the other centers if he played with second raters. Think about it: What would happen to Desharnais if he no longer played with Pacioretty and Cole? This doesn't mean that Plekanec isn't handicapped; he certainly is, and it shows up in his stats. True to his nature, he doesn't complain, but he knows it.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Habs aren't blessed with gifted wingers. The coaches execise a sort of triage in which they calculate that Plekanec would suffer less than the other centers if he played with second raters. Think about it: What would happen to Desharnais if he no longer played with Pacioretty and Cole? This doesn't mean that Plekanec isn't handicapped; he certainly is, and it shows up in his stats. True to his nature, he doesn't complain, but he knows it.
Sometimes I feel so bad for him, I hope he complains just a little bit

He's not a gangsta thug anymore.

He's the Godfather.

Subban and Eller are the new gangsta thugs.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

I love Plekanec, been one of my favourite players for years.

That doesn't mean if the right deal came along I'd be opposed to the Habs trading him. Mike "Respect the game" Richards got a former top 5 pick and one of the top prospects inthe game, and a solid top 9 forward who is still fairly young. Plekanec is one of the guys I'd probably most like to see the team trade, because he has good value and is a little older. But I'd rather see him back on the team next year, as I feel that he, Desharnais and Eller give this team depth at center like they haven't had since the half season lang was healthy in 2008/2009.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:16 PM
1UP

Quote:
Dans un autre spectre, Plekanec n’a pu s’empêcher de rire pour décrire la fin de saison d’Andrei Kostitsyn à Nashville.

« Non, je ne suis pas surpris d’entendre qu’il a brûlé un couvre-feu », a répliqué sagement le numéro 14 pour ensuite *dévier sur un autre sujet.
Man, I laughed so hard.

English TLDR: Plek not surprised Andrei broke a curfew.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Man, I laughed so hard.

English TLDR: Plek not surprised Andrei broke a curfew.
Well, that explains it then. Andrei's sorry ass lack of commitment. And Andrei is 27 now, well past the age of where the excuse of "young and stupid AND immature" is credible.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:36 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Pleks is a guy you KEEP, period.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Ubercron9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Well, that explains it then. Andrei's sorry ass lack of commitment. And Andrei is 27 now, well past the age of where the excuse of "young and stupid AND immature" is credible.
so that means we traded the wrong kostitsyn

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:08 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I keep saying it, Plekanec is the type of player you win with, a real pro. Instead of trying to dump him because he isn't 6'4" we should surround him better(than last year anyways).
Yes, the type of player you win with, but not the type of player that will lead you to that win himself. He's the perfect 2nd line centre. The Habs need a 1st line centre to really bring out his worth.

Sure, they might draft a potential 1st line centre soon, but that player won't become a go-to guy for another 3 seasons, when Plekanec's contract is almost over. If the right deal comes along, I'd really consider it. I really like the guy though, would hate to see him leave.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Asamu

I like this player a lot since 2005 because he's quick on his skates, plays north and south, is good on the PK and very intelligent on the ice. I just realized also that he's rarely injured even though he goes in dirty areas.

I wanted him to be traded but the season 2011-2012 wasn't his fault at all. He did everything he could with the linemates he got. Gionta's injury didn't help as well.

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:21 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Interesting comment on AKost, I hope the fanboys at least absorb it. Why can't Dave Stubbs interview one of his buddies on the team and actually write a column for once?

"On this day a million years ago, Newsy Lalonde was a sperm floating in his father's sack"

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:38 PM
GeneralMarky79

i love plekanec and i think he can become very effective for us . i was not impressed with his performance in the playoffs if he can improve his faceoffs he could be a playoff warrior for years to come!!! I think that was one thing hindering him in the boston series last year.

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Lshap

Pleks is one of the best 2nd-line centers in the league. He fits our team's style and our city's insane hockey culture. We've seen too many talented players burn out under our system or our fan base's scrutiny. Plekanec and the Habs are a perfect marriage -- let's give this guy a home for his career.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Mrb1p

The only Thug i love.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Such a great leader that he chokes in the playoff. And is soft to the max.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote