HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

David Beckham trolls Montreal media

Old
05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
JesusPrice

vCash: 500
I laughed when I saw that on TSN yesterday. What he said is true, Habs suck and the Kings have 1/4 chance of the cup. No troll here at all.

Good for LA, though, they deserve a cup

JesusPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 10:44 AM
CanadaIsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLabel View Post
Depends on how you define such a vague term as a "hockey town", but I am fairly sure there is a bigger hockey buzz going on in LA than Montreal right now.
I laughed at Beckham's comment, great response!

Regarding the buzz, you'd be surprised. The day the rumours came out about the new GM that it was pretty much confirmed, within a couple of hours, I would say about 50%+ of Montreal knew about it and it created a pretty big buzz. For 3 straight days on TV, radio stations, it was the biggets news in the city.
Wait till they announce the new coach, I think it will generate as much buzz in Montreal as the Kings winning the cup in LA.
Montreal lives and dies by the Habs, sorry Impact/Alouettes but it's a fact.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard Habs fan, always been and always will be no matter what, but I really like LA and have been on their bandwagon ever since the playoffs began.

CanadaIsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 07:23 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLabel View Post
Depends on how you define such a vague term as a "hockey town", but I am fairly sure there is a bigger hockey buzz going on in LA than Montreal right now.
I wouldn't be so sure.

Montreal lives and breathes hockey 365 days/year (366 once in a while).

Good for LA, but there's a good chance there's more hockey being discussed in Montreal even today.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:37 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusPrice View Post
I laughed when I saw that on TSN yesterday. What he said is true, Habs suck and the Kings have 1/4 chance of the cup. No troll here at all.
Hey, we had a 1/4 chance at the Cup just a couple of years ago, lest we forget

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:02 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Meh. No.

Montreal was talking non stop about the new GM hiring for days after and generated probably 10 times the buzz it is currently in LA.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Oyabun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiko View Post
Who the hell would allow this dude's words to affect what they like? I didn't think many people outside of the UK really gave a **** about what he thought anyway.
In the far-east he's not seen as a dude, more like a half-God. Take the starquality of Lebron, A-Rod, Crosby and Tom Brady and multiply it by a million. If Beckham decides its cool to be walking around in a Canada Goose jacket on the warmest days of the year, they'll be flying off the shelves in Tokyo come summertime.

Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:35 AM
saffronleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey View Post
I laughed at Beckham's comment, great response!

Regarding the buzz, you'd be surprised. The day the rumours came out about the new GM that it was pretty much confirmed, within a couple of hours, I would say about 50%+ of Montreal knew about it and it created a pretty big buzz. For 3 straight days on TV, radio stations, it was the biggets news in the city.
Wait till they announce the new coach, I think it will generate as much buzz in Montreal as the Kings winning the cup in LA.
Montreal lives and dies by the Habs, sorry Impact/Alouettes but it's a fact.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard Habs fan, always been and always will be no matter what, but I really like LA and have been on their bandwagon ever since the playoffs began.
You know, that's not even an insult to LA. LA is developing into a good hockey town and the Kings are playing great and receiving their due recognition for it.

But in Montreal, hockey is religion. It's everything. It's outrageous. From my little experience in Montreal, hockey is more important to Montreal than the Lakers are to LA (much less the Kings) or the Yankees are to New York City.

And it somewhat pains me to say that as a Leafs fan. Because as a Leafs fan I love to gloat that the Leafs are the most valuable franchise and have the most fans. All that is true, but I think the Habs have a more ... passionate fanbase.

Though you never know, the Leafs haven't made it in the playoffs so long. I remember when they were in the playoffs Toronto would just go ape-****. Even the suits going to work at the big banks wearing Leafs gear on top of their suits. Great stuff.

Regardless, all that matters is that the Leafs are better than the Habs

saffronleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Sayuri

Implying that L.A. is the bigger hockey town right now was the "trolling" part, he was obviously being sarcastic and that's what the OP was implying. Good lord people.

It was funny and nice to see a big name like that acknowledge hockey at all, who gives a crap what the title of the thread is. I think it speaks a lot to the popularity of hockey in some American cities right now, "bandwagon" or not I like seeing the teams do well.

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote