HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canadiens - Sharks

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2012, 03:17 PM
blinkman360
Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
This guy is one of the Rangers fans that for some reason can't let go of the "soft" comment even though everyone else has forgotten it.

As for the proposal, no way in hell. It takes absolutely none of our needs into consideration. We don't need or want Plekanec because we already have an nearly identical player in Pavelski. We don't need Tinordi because we already have Burns and Vlasic for long-term top-pairing and believe it or not, we have plenty of bottom-four defense prospects, including Jason Demers and Justin Braun already in the NHL. And lastly, I doubt very much that the Habs will be drafting in the top-10 even next year. This year was a fluke like New Jersey was last season.

Horrible value for Joe for the Sharks.
Or he's still pissed that Thornton beat Jagr out for the Hart trophy years ago.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Bieber fever

Thorthon is a 32 y/o well-known chocker ( -26 in playoff lol ). He simply can't take the pressure so he would be terrible in a big market like montreal. On top of that his best years might be behind him . He did on average 83 points in the last 5 seasons with good linemates, I don't see him putting 90 + points again.

pass from MTL.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Uni, no offense but you're trashing the Sharks when Montreal is still the team that traded arguably one of the best up incoming defensemen in the playoffs for Scott Gomez. We are not in a position to mock other teams.

Fun aside, the offer isn't necessarily bad in terms of value, provided San Jose was only moving Thornton and Tinordi. The issue is it does nothing to improve either team really. Montreal does not need Thornton when its questionable if they are even a playoff team next year and Plekanec is a notable downgrade from Thornton. One is an elite player, who while having a somewhat lackluster production, could turn it up into another 80-90 point year. He is that good. Plekanec is as good as he will ever be and still half a step behind.

If Thornton is ever traded, it will be for scoring wingers not another centerman.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:48 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Uni, no offense but you're trashing the Sharks when Montreal is still the team that traded arguably one of the best up incoming defensemen in the playoffs for Scott Gomez. We are not in a position to mock other teams.

Fun aside, the offer isn't necessarily bad in terms of value, provided San Jose was only moving Thornton and Tinordi. The issue is it does nothing to improve either team really. Montreal does not need Thornton when its questionable if they are even a playoff team next year and Plekanec is a notable downgrade from Thornton. One is an elite player, who while having a somewhat lackluster production, could turn it up into another 80-90 point year. He is that good. Plekanec is as good as he will ever be and still half a step behind.

If Thornton is ever traded, it will be for scoring wingers not another centerman.
Bless you.

Old
05-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Thornton
Decent Prospect

for

Plekanec
Tinordi
1st in 2013
Habs don't touch that one. Five years ago? By all means. But seeing what Tinordi is developping, and a first on top of that? No thanks.

Old
05-12-2012, 05:30 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If you're asking for Thornton in a trade, you better offer your best young asset/draft pick or don't bother. He doesn't get traded for anything less than something that will help the team now. The Sharks are not a rebuild team even if they decided to trade Thornton.
Keep joe no show Thornton. He's on the down side of his good career. Mtl won't be trading #3 pick.

Old
05-12-2012, 07:04 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
How's Gaborik working out?
Reg season: GP: 82 Goals: 41 Assists: 35 Points: 76

Playoff: 13 Gp, 3 Goals, 6 Assists, 9 points and his team in heading towards the Conference finals atm. So I'd say good. And if you should compare anyone to Thornton it should be Brad Richards who is older and more of a leader than Gaborik and who also plays C.

13 gp. 5 goals, 5 assits, 10 points. Oh and he just scored his 11th point now. Another goal. CLUTCH performer. Not like Thornton...

Old
05-12-2012, 07:06 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
This guy is one of the Rangers fans that for some reason can't let go of the "soft" comment even though everyone else has forgotten it.

As for the proposal, no way in hell. It takes absolutely none of our needs into consideration. We don't need or want Plekanec because we already have an nearly identical player in Pavelski. We don't need Tinordi because we already have Burns and Vlasic for long-term top-pairing and believe it or not, we have plenty of bottom-four defense prospects, including Jason Demers and Justin Braun already in the NHL. And lastly, I doubt very much that the Habs will be drafting in the top-10 even next year. This year was a fluke like New Jersey was last season.

Horrible value for Joe for the Sharks.

Lol wtf does that have too do with Thorntons years of lackluster performances? Get back to me when he wins the cup or calder trophy. Peace!

Old
05-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Lol wtf does that have too do with Thorntons years of lackluster performances? Get back to me when he wins the cup or calder trophy. Peace!
What years of lackluster performances? You obviously haven't watched him or the team closely.

If they had a goalie of Lundqvist's caliber over the past few years, they would more than likely have a cup. Thornton has 22 points in his last 23 playoff games compared to "clutch" Richards who has 25 in 31. How exactly is Thornton an underachiever?

Old
05-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Thornton
Decent Prospect

for

Plekanec
Tinordi
1st in 2013