HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Kulemon's Top 15 Mock Draft

Old
05-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Kulemon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfist View Post
Interesting. Can you elaborate?

The thing that I love about Ceci is that all the tools are there. Two years ago he was great for the 67s playing really good shutdown hockey. They asked him this year to contribute more offensively, so he went out and did it. In my mind, this is a big guy who skates and passes well and has abilities at both ends. I think he's shown a great willingness to adapt and as he gets coached up will likely become a really solid 2nd pairing 2-way D in the league.

I don't put him as high as some mock drafts (scouting lists), but I think he'd be GREAT value at #15 for any team.

I don't see any high end talent and I think his stats don't reflect his offensive capabilities well. They make him seem much better offensively than he really is. He isn't that amazing defensively as well and is not too physical.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:01 AM
bigfatfist

Fair enough. Well have to agree to disagree on this one, then. My point was just two years ago when he was asked to play a defensive role, he played great defense. This year he was asked to open up offensively, he put up great numbers, but his defence necessarily fell back somewhat.

To me that shows he has the ability to play both ways. I guess it falls down to how you define 'high-end' talent, but I think he's shown enough to be in a potential 2nd pairing conversation. That's why I see him as value at 15.

I only go to 67s and Olympiques games - so couldn't compare him to the WHL players as I haven't seen them play live.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfist View Post
Fair enough. Well have to agree to disagree on this one, then. My point was just two years ago when he was asked to play a defensive role, he played great defense. This year he was asked to open up offensively, he put up great numbers, but his defence necessarily fell back somewhat.

To me that shows he has the ability to play both ways. I guess it falls down to how you define 'high-end' talent, but I think he's shown enough to be in a potential 2nd pairing conversation. That's why I see him as value at 15.

I only go to 67s and Olympiques games - so couldn't compare him to the WHL players as I haven't seen them play live.
I just see him as a 4-5 D at best. The D I have infront of him and even some behind him I think have more potential, but these are not my rankings

Im sure Ottawa would love to get Ceci though.

Old
05-17-2012, 04:26 AM
svat

1) if grigs starts falling due to perceived character and motivation issues, there is little chance burke will go for him.

2) i doubt maata goes that high.

3) gaunce is slipping for a reason, i doubt dallas takes him there.

4) look for the flames to take girgensons, aberg or ceci if he falls. but even if ceci is available at 15, i think they pick one of those two forwards.

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by svat View Post
1) if grigs starts falling due to perceived character and motivation issues, there is little chance burke will go for him.

2) i doubt maata goes that high.

3) gaunce is slipping for a reason, i doubt dallas takes him there.

4) look for the flames to take girgensons, aberg or ceci if he falls. but even if ceci is available at 15, i think they pick one of those two forwards.
1) I'm not sure on it either. I just put him there because Burke said he loves him and he fits the leafs need perfectly (big playmaking #1 center)

2) Maatta is a big riser. I think he could go between 12-17.

3) it only takes someone falling in love with Brendan's character and work ethic. He's a great kid and any team I'm sure would be happy to take him.

4) Maybe, I guess.