HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group S • May 13 • Germany 4, Norway 12

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Germany in regulation 7 70.00%
Germany in OT/shootout 1 10.00%
Norway in regulation 0 0%
Norway in OT/shootout 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 500
This must be my favorite thread on HF at the moment, priceless entertainment

Old
05-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Joey Banana

Why are people surprised?

Norway has a similar aproach to the WC as Switzerland, Latvia, Denmark and Germany. The only difference this year is that Norway has some serious offensive threats on the international level, the needed depth and the heart to kick some ass. Simple as that.

But this doesn´t mean that Norway is going to be a top tier national team in a few years. Every "smaller" hockey nation has its up and down years (like Germany ) and will eventually fall back to reality after their runs.

So get your hopes up for this tournament, but please do yourself a favor and don´t start thinking of "we are the new #1 behind the big nations", because that won´t end well. Because that´s simply not true.

Have fun for the rest of the tournament.

Old
05-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Big C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Well ive just read alot of posts where people claim that Norway is so easy to beat and that they expect a big win (bla bla bla). But okey i dnt care about that and ofc i got nothing against u.

So all our three lines are ballanced. The media and the posters on hfboards only notice Thoresen, Skrøder, Holtet and Olimb, because those guys do so many fancy moves with the puck. And they are great but they would suck without their defensive linesmates! Our team is ballanced!

Its not about having a bunch of NHLrs, but about having role players/special teams etc.
Sure, lots of people expect a big win when they face Norway. Lots of people dont know anything about Norway as a hockey nation. Can't blame them for that really? Sure the team is doing a great job now, and as you pointed out, players that are doing a great job even though they arent getting all the credit from other countries.

If they still after this tournament except a big win, its their loss, isnt it?

I think it would be great with a big upset in the QF.

Old
05-14-2012, 05:10 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Quality post!

I pretty much agree with all of it.

We have become a northern version of Switzerland. Difficult to play against, can get the upset on a good day.
Yupp, but Switzerland got Hiller What a beast he is. I like Haugen, but Hiller, Gerber and Stephan are some rly good goalies. Hiller is a guy that can stop Canada in the olympics. I mean he is just amazing, so best on best i would rank Switzerland as a darkhorse. Hiller alone can carry his team to the semis in Sochi. Perhaps I have a little to much faith in Hiller, but anyways thats what I think.

So im not sure if we can compare ourselves to Switzerland. But hey perhaps Volden will end up in the NHL. He looks good!

The way I would rank top 14 today
---------------------------------
The big 6

Russia, Sweden, Finland, USA, Czech rep, Canada (They got everything)
------------------------------
The 2 darkhorses

Slovakia, Switzerland (Good defense (lots of Dmen in the NHL) and great goalies (Hiller and Halak) )
-------------------------
The decent 6

Germany, Denmark, Norway, Latvia, Belarus, France. (Got a few playmakers, but will often loose vs the big 6)
------------------------------

Closed Thread