HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor and Edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2012, 08:59 AM
  #1
oilergc16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Tor and Edm

yes i know there are already 100 of these posts out there but here's mine

to tor-1st overall, marincin/gernat/musil (burkes choice)

to edm-5th overall and jake gardiner

oilers trade future blue line help for immediate help(while also bringing in justin schultz good friend) while toronto gets a good def prospect and a superstar they are so desperate to get

oilergc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:00 AM
  #2
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
No thanks from the Leafs.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:06 AM
  #3
SIDGENO8771
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
NO way from the Leafs.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:10 AM
  #4
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fire Eakins
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
It's the only way the leafs can get the #1 pick.

So stop crying.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:14 AM
  #5
sdawg1010*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Leafs fans need to stop homering the value of jake gardiner, yes he had a great first season, but so did luke schenn , and where is schenn at now...

Your trading yes a great young defenseman, which you have an abundance of, for a potential dynamite RW who will ignite Toronto and again make it a place where players want to come play... for instance Take Sidney crosby in pitts, or Alex Ovechkin in Washington, Or Stamkos in TBay

sdawg1010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:16 AM
  #6
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Gardiner his our only defenseman with first pairing potential.

The 5th overall pick will probably be our only center with first line center potential.

We can't trade that for a potential first line RW, because it's our better position in the organisation roght now our first line RW (Phil Kessel).

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:17 AM
  #7
mydnyte
Registered User
 
mydnyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilergc16 View Post
yes i know there are already 100 of these posts out there but here's mine

to tor-1st overall, marincin/gernat/musil (burkes choice)

to edm-5th overall and jake gardiner

oilers trade future blue line help for immediate help(while also bringing in justin schultz good friend) while toronto gets a good def prospect and a superstar they are so desperate to get
The Leafs do not want the #1 pick ...we need a centre not another small winger

mydnyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:19 AM
  #8
Tommy Torini
Hell of a thing baby
 
Tommy Torini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,718
vCash: 500
Oh for ****s sake, more!?



Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
It's the only way the leafs can get the #1 pick.

So stop crying.
It may be the only way (hell it might even take more) but that doesn't mean we have to like it or make a trade.

Tommy Torini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:21 AM
  #9
Jackothy
Registered User
 
Jackothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
It's the only way the leafs can get the #1 pick.

So stop crying.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg1010 View Post
Leafs fans need to stop homering the value of jake gardiner, yes he had a great first season, but so did luke schenn , and where is schenn at now...

Your trading yes a great young defenseman, which you have an abundance of, for a potential dynamite RW who will ignite Toronto and again make it a place where players want to come play... for instance Take Sidney crosby in pitts, or Alex Ovechkin in Washington, Or Stamkos in TBay
It's.not.homering.to.say.we.won't.trade.him.with.o ur.5th.for.the.first....it's.just.a.stupid.trade.f or.us.to.make......you.can.try.to.justify.it.but.n o.deal.

sorry.spacebar.is.screwed.

Jackothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:22 AM
  #10
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
The Leafs do not want the #1 pick ...we need a centre not another small winger
Not a fan of either, but I'm pretty sure Leafs want the #1 pick, what team wouldn't. Leafs just want it at their unrealistic price of spare part players or later round picks Edm doesn't need.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:24 AM
  #11
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fire Eakins
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOurGame View Post




It's.not.homering.to.say.we.won't.trade.him.with.o ur.5th.for.the.first....it's.just.a.stupid.trade.f or.us.to.make......you.can.try.to.justify.it.but.n o.deal.

sorry.spacebar.is.screwed.
Ahhhh the Facepalm, the most classy thing to do when you can't reply.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:24 AM
  #12
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Not a fan of either, but I'm pretty sure Leafs want the #1 pick, what team wouldn't. Leafs just want it at their unrealistic price of spare part players or later round picks Edm doesn't need.
We don't want the first overall pick at the cost of Gardiner or Schenn.

It's not tough to understand.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:24 AM
  #13
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg1010 View Post
Leafs fans need to stop homering the value of jake gardiner, yes he had a great first season, but so did luke schenn , and where is schenn at now...

Your trading yes a great young defenseman, which you have an abundance of, for a potential dynamite RW who will ignite Toronto and again make it a place where players want to come play... for instance Take Sidney crosby in pitts, or Alex Ovechkin in Washington, Or Stamkos in TBay
Luke Schenn is fine, was our #1 D last season, this season he was a little off. The guys 22 years old with almost 400 games under his belt, watch a big come back next season.

We have Kessel to be our Elite RWer, i prefer the strong two-way C in the draft in Galchenyuk, who IMO, will end up better than Yakupov.

BTW, don't want to deal Gardiner.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:25 AM
  #14
sdawg1010*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Leafs fans need to be honest with yourself, the only projected stud in this draft is yakapov...and im sure kessel could survive on a LW, or vice versa with Yaka...

If Yakapov is the next alex ovechkin like the projectors say he is...the leafs would have potential to have a killer first line...all you would need is to trade some prospects and picks for a decent first line center...or sign an UFA..which would be easier with a big name player there...(YAKAPOV)


You have 20 million (yet to give franson his RFA raise)
So probably about 24 million invested in defense...

Time to stop homering your money into defense and spend on your fowards
because your team is spending 5.5 million on a player like grabovski and 5.4 on kessel and 4.5 on lupul and 3.5 on armstrong who plays maybe 10 games a year....

sdawg1010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:26 AM
  #15
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Edmonton couldn't say NO fast enough.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:26 AM
  #16
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 58,275
vCash: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
No thanks from the Leafs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
It's the only way the leafs can get the #1 pick.

So stop crying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilergc16 View Post
yes i know there are already 100 of these posts out there but here's mine

to tor-1st overall, marincin/gernat/musil (burkes choice)

to edm-5th overall and jake gardiner

oilers trade future blue line help for immediate help(while also bringing in justin schultz good friend) while toronto gets a good def prospect and a superstar they are so desperate to get
Ultimate homer responses here

No from the oilers

there is a huge drop off from 1-5 and for me Gardiner alone does not make up the difference

__________________
"If the Detroit Red Wings are defying gravity" by consistently contending without the benefit of high draft picks, "the Edmonton Oilers are defying lift.
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:32 AM
  #17
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful
 
I am Canadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg1010 View Post
Leafs fans need to be honest with yourself, the only projected stud in this draft is yakapov...and im sure kessel could survive on a LW, or vice versa with Yaka...

If Yakapov is the next alex ovechkin like the projectors say he is...the leafs would have potential to have a killer first line...all you would need is to trade some prospects
and picks for a decent first line
center...or sign an UFA..which
would be easier with a big name
player there...(YAKAPOV)


You have 20 million (yet to give franson his RFA raise)
So probably about 24 million invested in defense...

Time to stop homering your money into defense and spend on your fowards
because your team is spending 5.5 million on a player like grabovski and 5.4 on kessel and 4.5 on lupul and 3.5 on armstrong who plays maybe 10 games a year....
Leafs would much rather have Gardiner + Forsberg/Gally/Griggs than just Yakupov. If Burke offered this to Edmonton then there wouldn't be much of a hesistation from edmonton's part. 5.4 is a great deal for Kessel, 4.5 for Lupul also looks to be a good contract while Grabo looks fair.

The Leafs don't need to start working on their forward. If you take a look at the playoffs this year you will see that defense and goltending wins championships.

Its actually edmonton who needs to start thinking hard about defensemen as sooner or later they will have four 7+ million dollar contracts atleast.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:35 AM
  #18
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
I'd rather build around:

_____-Grigorenko-Kessel

Gardiner-_____

than

Yakupov-_____-Kessel
_____-_____

That's why we don't make the deal.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:36 AM
  #19
Tommy Torini
Hell of a thing baby
 
Tommy Torini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg1010 View Post
Leafs fans need to be honest with yourself, the only projected stud in this draft is yakapov...and im sure kessel could survive on a LW, or vice versa with Yaka...

If Yakapov is the next alex ovechkin like the projectors say he is...the leafs would have potential to have a killer first line...all you would need is to trade some prospects and picks for a decent first line center...or sign an UFA..which would be easier with a big name player there...(YAKAPOV)


You have 20 million (yet to give franson his RFA raise)
So probably about 24 million invested in defense...

Time to stop homering your money into defense and spend on your fowards
because your team is spending 5.5 million on a player like grabovski and 5.4 on kessel and 4.5 on lupul and 3.5 on armstrong who plays maybe 10 games a year....
Kessel and Lupul are deserving of their pay. Grabo we're fine with paying him, Army is the only dead weight you listed. I like how you included Kessel and Lupul but failed to name guys like Lambo and Connolly.

"Trade some prospects and picks for a first line centre?" Yeah, because if we could we would've done so already. You make it sound like it's easy to acquire a first line Centre. Trust us, it's not.

By the way, it's Yakupov with a U.

Tommy Torini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:37 AM
  #20
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
We have Kessel to be our Elite RWer, i prefer the strong two-way C in the draft in Galchenyuk, who IMO, will end up better than Yakupov.
Except that its very possible that Columbus drafts Galchenyuk. They have an excess of defenseman and defensive prospects now and will need forwards(especially if Nash leaves).

TSA0402 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:39 AM
  #21
Jackothy
Registered User
 
Jackothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Ahhhh the Facepalm, the most classy thing to do when you can't reply.
more.of.a."not.even.worth.responding.too"...Plus.t he.irony.of.your.whining.post.telling.us.not.to.cr y.pretty.well.speaks.for.itself......notice.too.i. responded.to.a.decent.reply.from.someone.else/

since.you.followed.it.up.though....how.does.saying .no.to.gardiner.and.a.fifth.for.the.1st.overall.in .any.way.shape.or.form.constitute.as.crying....we' re.not.allowed.to.oppose?...saying.it's.the.only.w ay.it.gets.done.is.just.wrong...

All.in.all.just.so.much.wrong.with.your.little.ten .word.response......hence.the.face.palm.

Jackothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:39 AM
  #22
sdawg1010*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDee View Post
Leafs would much rather have Gardiner + Forsberg/Gally/Griggs than just Yakupov. If Burke offered this to Edmonton then there wouldn't be much of a hesistation from edmonton's part. 5.4 is a great deal for Kessel, 4.5 for Lupul also looks to be a good contract while Grabo looks fair.

The Leafs don't need to start working on their forward. If you take a look at the playoffs this year you will see that defense and goltending wins championships.

Its actually edmonton who needs to start thinking hard about defensemen as sooner or later they will have four 7+ million dollar contracts atleast.
Ah yes defense wins championships and goaltending....

Thomas Chara and the bruins...Out first round...
Flyers spend 50million on Bryz... Out in second Round...

Devils...change there style to hard forechecking, grinding and cycling the puck... ECF?


yes your logic is golden sir...truely golden...

LA Kings - Rely on there goaltender and the hard pressure of there forecheck and cycle to win games....

Pheonix..what defense do they have past yandle...?

sdawg1010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:39 AM
  #23
oilergc16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
judging by both oiler and leafs fans saying "no" I'd say the value is about right

oilergc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:48 AM
  #24
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg1010 View Post
Ah yes defense wins championships and goaltending....

Thomas Chara and the bruins...Out first round...
Flyers spend 50million on Bryz... Out in second Round...

Devils...change there style to hard forechecking, grinding and cycling the puck... ECF?


yes your logic is golden sir...truely golden...

LA Kings - Rely on there goaltender and the hard pressure of there forecheck and cycle to win games....

Pheonix..what defense do they have past yandle...?
You must've must all of Phx's games cause OEL is a stud, he's what the leafs hope Gardiner becomes.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:48 AM
  #25
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fire Eakins
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOurGame View Post
more.of.a."not.even.worth.responding.too"...Plus.the.irony.of.your.whining.post.telling.us .not.to.cry.pretty.well.speaks.for.itself......not ice.too.i.responded.to.a.decent.reply.from.someone .else/

since.you.followed.it.up.though....how.does.saying .no.to.gardiner.and.a.fifth.for.the.1st.overall.in .any.way.shape.or.form.constitute.as.crying....we' re.not.allowed.to.oppose?...saying.it's.the.only.w ay.it.gets.done.is.just.wrong...

All.in.all.just.so.much.wrong.with.your.little.ten .word.response......hence.the.face.palm.
Well you did respond to my post, so obviously it caught your attention.

Also if that's the criteria you use when you post a face palm, then I could have posted over one hundred in that other Oilers-Leafs thread.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.