HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2012, 06:31 AM
CC321

vCash: 500
Johnson is fast , he can score, is good defensively, good clutch player. I think he will be a good NHLer, but being both short and thin is a problem. Marty is short but stocky, as are Conacher and Brown. They can take some hits. Boucher has stated he wants the team to get larger, so if an exception is made it would be with the stocky guys I think. With that said, I think Johnson will get some call up games this year, he will likely do well, and then get more serious consideration next year after hopefully putting on some muscle. That's my guess.

Old
08-01-2012, 06:48 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
Johnson is fast , he can score, is good defensively, good clutch player. I think he will be a good NHLer, but being both short and thin is a problem. Marty is short but stocky, as are Conacher and Brown. They can take some hits. Boucher has stated he wants the team to get larger, so if an exception is made it would be with the stocky guys I think. With that said, I think Johnson will get some call up games this year, he will likely do well, and then get more serious consideration next year after hopefully putting on some muscle. That's my guess.
I'm concerned with the team's stated focus on size over strength, or 'playing bigger'.

It wasn't that long ago we had Marek Malik.

Old
08-01-2012, 11:16 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
I agree with this. First, I think the difference between Conacher, a small guy making it over Johnson, is that if Conacher makes the team, you can put him on the wing of a scoring line like they did in preseason last year. (The same could be done with Brown or Killorn too) Conacher is the better pure offense option to stick in the open top 6 over Johnson.

Johnson is a center and I think the organization views him as a defensive forward at the NHL level, so I think he'd battle it out instead for a bottom 6 opening. Where he has a problem here is there's a lot of competition. Killorn and Brown have a physical aspect of their game and are built up better. That makes them better suited to surviving a checking role and it looks like Boucher is looking for bigger bodies anyway to balance out the team. You get a little more versatility in where you move them up and down in line combos because they can score too so they could also win a top 6 spot or play on a checking line. Most importantly Brown and Killorn don't really need time in the AHL. They both just left college hockey and Yzerman might ok letting them play limited NHL minutes. Y might feel different about Johnson and Conacher and prefer they not sit on the bench and play big minutes in Syracuse.

I don't think it's out of the question that Johnson could make it. He looked great in the AHL playoffs and was one of the top players on the ice. He has that ability like Tyrell where he can go in the corners and either win pucks and slip out of harms way. He could be a darkhouse and steal a spot, but I think he'll have a hard time over Killorn, Brown, Conacher, Wyman, Wilson, and maybe even Labrie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I'm concerned with the team's stated focus on size over strength, or 'playing bigger'.

It wasn't that long ago we had Marek Malik.
I think they would like size and strength, not just height. Looking at some of the past moves Yzerman has made to bring in forwards, he has picked Wallace off waivers, traded for Segal, Pouliot, Wilson, and Crombeen, and signed Danick Gauthier. He's acquired players who are big but also strong. Brown is the only example of strength over size, but he's a top prospect. Even this recent draft, (not counting Gusev who they didn't really expect to draft, but decided to take a 7th round flyer on) Paquette, Hart, and Richard all have solid frames.

Interestingly it's definitely a step away from where this organization was a year ago bringing together a large crop of small speedy players.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 08-01-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old
08-01-2012, 12:05 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://translate.google.com/translat...dium%3Dtwitter

Google translated it a little off I'm sure, but here's why Kucherov left:
Quote:
Forward Nikita Kucherov told about his health, and explained why he left CSKA in North America, where he will stand for "Quebec".

"Since health is all right, go on the mend. May 1 underwent surgery, the shoulder was in a terrible state, U.S. doctors say that everything is torn. And in Russia, argued that everything is fine, you can play. Hopefully in a month to start light training.

Why leave the ocean? This is not an insult to the former coach of CSKA Moscow, and the dream of my life - to play in the NHL. Spend a year in "Quebec", and then will make its way into the "Tampa" - quoted Kucherov, "Soviet Sport".
http://translate.google.com/translat...dakh-cska.html
Quote:
Senior Manager HR HC CSKA Sergei Fedorov said the transition of young and promising striker Nikita Kucherov in "Quebec".

"CSKA has terminated the contract with Kucherov - it does not sound quite right. At the time, Nikita got seriously injured. And suffered a very difficult operation on his shoulder. According to him, it was in a terrible state. Far as I know, American doctors do say that everything torn. We considered that the recovery process will take a guy for about six months. turns out at least another two months, he will not be able to play in an intense hockey.

Kucherov is now in North America under the scrutiny of physicians 'Tampa'. And we can say, went to meet him. CSKA hockey player allows you to safely dolechitsya without interrupting the recovery period. But Nikita is in our system. The rights to it belong to CSKA. We hope that in the foreseeable future he will again be in our midst "- quoted Fyodorov" Sport-Express ".

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 08-01-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old
08-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Good that he wants to come over but that injury sounds bad. Hopefully he has a nice recovery and will be a playmaker for us down the road. Would be neat to see him and Gusev on a line in the future. Maybe Namnestnikov as well to have an all Russian line.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:49 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Roy expects Kucherov to come back in November.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Ziostilon

Is Namestnikov in Syracuse next year?

Old
08-02-2012, 01:52 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
Is Namestnikov in Syracuse next year?
Yes.

Old
08-06-2012, 02:39 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

The Canada-Russia Challenge begins on Thursday. TSN2 is showing it, so there should be a stream. Game 1 is in Russia, so the game starts at 11 am.

Vasilevski, Nesterov, and Sergeev will play for Russia.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
Good that he wants to come over but that injury sounds bad. Hopefully he has a nice recovery and will be a playmaker for us down the road. Would be neat to see him and Gusev on a line in the future. Maybe Namnestnikov as well to have an all Russian line.
I have already deemed it the Red Line. Going to be a beauty to watch.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:03 AM
B2k3
#Yzerteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
I have already deemed it the Red Line. Going to be a beauty to watch.
"The Russian Factor"

Old
08-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Brock

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...lightning.html

A review of Tampa's OHL prospects.

Old
08-10-2012, 07:41 AM
CC321

That's a good writeup, thanks.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:19 PM
chasespace

Great read, thanks for sharing.

Old
08-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I am the GM for Tampa in an upcoming mock GM game, and am not 100% familiar with your prospects. I have a few questions and would be very grateful if you could get me a little more informed!

Are any of Namestnikov, Miller, Aulie, Conacher, Panik, Barbiero, and Janus NHL ready?

Where do you see Namest, Panik, and Miller's ceilings?

Who is your most underrated propsect?

Again, thanks for the input. Trying not to wreck your team

Old
08-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Underrated... for me T. Johnson and O. Palat

Most NHL Ready... Aulie, Conacher and Barberio.

Namestnikov ceiling... good 2nd line center.
Panik's ceiling... has potential to be an elite winger (one thing is potential and another what could happen of course)

Old
08-11-2012, 07:22 PM
CC321

Aulie and Conacher are considered close to making the team, will they make it, who knows. Barberio will get some call up games, how many, who knows.

Namestnikov and Panik are highly skilled guys, they could be 60pt NHlers, will they do the work needed to get there, don't know.

Conacher is probably the most underrated, very short, but he's a keeper.

Old
08-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Thanks for the responses guys! Helping me in the game and in general hockey knowledge.

Old
08-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Krishna

Can you guys give me any info on Tanner Richard?

Old
08-13-2012, 04:01 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Can you guys give me any info on Tanner Richard?
Boltprospects.com and stammerhammer91 were very impressed with him in development camp:
Quote:
19. C Tanner Richard, Guelph (OHL)
Another potential steal is Guelph centerman Tanner Richard, an all-around hockey player who suffered mightily from the double stigma of being both a second year eligible and Swiss. He's not Luca Cunti, though. Far from it. Richard competes hard and plays with surprising grit for such a slightly built player, which only accentuates his skating, stickhandling, and playmaking ability that he clearly demonstrated during this summer's Development Camp. He's less likely to be a flight risk back to the NLA, given that his father, Mike Richard, is Canadian and had a cup of coffee with the Washington Capitals before a long career in Switzerland. So if Red Line Report is right, and Richard can put on some more muscle and become a versatile Valterri Filppula clone, then the Lightning may well have committed a crafty bit of larceny in the 3rd round this year.
http://boltprospects.com/content/201...ental-rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
I saw both days of the 3 on 3 tournament. The second day i saw Tanner Richard for almost all of his games and I have to say, i really don't get how he was a 3rd round pick. He had those hands that could do just about anything with the puck, his vision was outstanding and he really just looked fantastic. If he was our number 1 pick i would have said wow we got a good one. I really liked him and I am really looking forward to his development because I think we got a huge steal. Of course it was just prospect camp so I am trying to curb my enthusiasm but I came away very impressed.

Old
08-14-2012, 06:11 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Quote:
Casualty of labor uncertainty: GM Yzerman said unless CBA deal done quickly, Lightning won't participate in a September prospect tournament.
https://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey
Quote:
Cote skating in Montreal with Killorn, Labrie, Barberio. "We're really putting in the time to improve ourselves,'' Cote said.

Old
08-14-2012, 06:55 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I am the GM for Tampa in an upcoming mock GM game, and am not 100% familiar with your prospects. I have a few questions and would be very grateful if you could get me a little more informed!

Are any of Namestnikov, Miller, Aulie, Conacher, Panik, Barbiero, and Janus NHL ready?

Where do you see Namest, Panik, and Miller's ceilings?

Who is your most underrated propsect?

Again, thanks for the input. Trying not to wreck your team
whos miller?

Seriously though, you won't see Nams for another three years, Aulie in a very limited role, Conacher maybe this year, possibly next, Panik is a year or two away, Barberio is a year or so away, Janus is headed to europe more than likely.

Panik can be whatever he wants to be if he chooses to do so. Namestnikov is more than likely going to be a solid 2C.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Boltprospects.com and stammerhammer91 were very impressed with him in development camp:
http://boltprospects.com/content/201...ental-rankings
So I'm guessing picking him up in a keeper league with 20 people after a prospect draft of 300 picks and then signing him as a FA is good

Something like 335 overall

Old
08-16-2012, 03:41 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
So I'm guessing picking him up in a keeper league with 20 people after a prospect draft of 300 picks and then signing him as a FA is good

Something like 335 overall
I would think so, yeah.

Old
08-16-2012, 04:20 PM
KareemTrustfund
The Leader

Any interest for a prospect poll? Was thinking about starting one, but figured I'd ask in case anyone else was planning to do it.

Closed Thread