HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Ice Dogs vs Knights predictions

Old
05-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Cfriss216

vCash: 500
Ice Dogs vs Knights predictions

I just want to see what some peoples predictions on this series is. Should be a good one, I think the Knights take this series in 6 games. I think the games will be very close. I think the series will be tied at 2-2 and the knights take games 5 and 6 in close matchups. What are some of your thoughts?

Cfriss216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:34 AM
bidzey

Knights in 7, I will not be suprised if it's in overtime. I pick Max Domi to score to finish off his rookie year (not to mention the memorial cup run)

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:50 AM
CharlieGirl

I predict it's going to be a great series to watch, and I have no idea who is going to come out on top. I think every game will be close - both teams have stellar goaltending, great forwards and strong defense (although I do think Niagara's is stronger). Special teams will be key - London has struggled on their PP, but if they get that going, it's anyone's guess.

How's that for non-commital?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:12 AM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
Ice Dogs in 7....I'd say 6 but I'd be too cocky.

SignThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignThornton View Post
Ice Dogs in 7....I'd say 6 but I'd be too cocky.
I wouldn't sat thats being cocky at all, if that's your gut instinct then it is what it is. Thanks for the response.

Old
05-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I predict it's going to be a great series to watch, and I have no idea who is going to come out on top. I think every game will be close - both teams have stellar goaltending, great forwards and strong defense (although I do think Niagara's is stronger). Special teams will be key - London has struggled on their PP, but if they get that going, it's anyone's guess.

How's that for non-commital?
Haha I like the neutral approach, and your Rangers saw a lot of London's power play in that western conference final didn't they?

Old
05-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
The teams are so close to each other that I honestly thing the series can go either way. And since it is so close one of the teams I think can win in 4 if they get 4 lucky bounces in a row or it very well could go to 7. A few years ago there was that London vs Windsor conference final series where it was 5 straight overtime games. I think we may be looking at something like that. A lot of 1 (or 2 because of an empty netter) goal games. I hope for London in 4 but more realistically I think it will take 6/7 games and I honestly don't know who will come out on top.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
dongold
Rookie User

Bookies pegged this one to be a tight battle, but Ice Dogs slightly favored to win the series http://www.sportsinteraction.com/hoc...betting-lines/

dongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:29 PM
cfaub

Teams are very closely matched talent wise, Niagara may even have a slight edge.

This series comes down to coaching in the end. Niagara's talent got them this far for the most part but now that they face an equally talented team I think the question becomes can Williamson be the difference behind the bench?

We saw when he had a powerhouse Barrie team a couple of seasons ago. They beat the Spits both games during the regular season but when it came to the OHL finals Barrie was swept.

I hate to say London but uintil Williamson sjows he can pull it off I have to say London in 6

cfaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Torts

Icedogs in 6. Experience and older players may give them the upper hand, only way Knights win for me is if Houser stands on his head (which he has this playoffs) and the youth comes up big.

Gunna be a great series

Will be at the Jack for game 2. cant wait!

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:41 PM
LeafsLocker

Think Knights take it in 7. Although I admit that is with home town bias. Niagara is a great squad and on paper I'd say they take it but the Knights have played greate these playoffs and I dont think Houser is done yet. Waiting til 5 so I can leave work, pound some beers and head down to the JLC for the game. Go Knights Go.

LeafsLocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:47 PM
aresknights

I agree with the posters that it could go either way in 4,5,6 or 7 games

Ill go with the Knights in 6 for no other reason than Im a knights fan.

Off to the beercase (JLC) after dinner somewhere downtown!

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:09 PM
lazyboy

it might be a ridiculous prediction but I don't see it as close as most do. I give Niagara the edge in goal, defence (depth goes to the knights but Hamilton sees the ice for 1/2 the gave and dominates) and forward and depth as a wash...behind the bench I just don't like Marty so I'll give it to Hunter but still I see the Ice Dogs taking this one in 5

lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:56 PM
CharlieGirl

Game 1 is in the books and it couldn't have been closer. Just a fantastic game to watch, and anyone who didn't think Houser deserved the league's Most Outstanding Player before tonight has to be a convert now.

Looks like we're in for a heck of a series.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:44 AM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Game 1 is in the books and it couldn't have been closer. Just a fantastic game to watch, and anyone who didn't think Houser deserved the league's Most Outstanding Player before tonight has to be a convert now.

Looks like we're in for a heck of a series.
IMO I think its all in the wording. The most VALUABLE player in the league goes to Michael Houser. As he is the most valuable to his team. Knights wouldn't be there if not for him.

The most OUTSTANDING player in the league is Dougie Hamilton and he also proved that last night! He could have played for the Bruins this year.

KnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Cfriss216

What are some of your thoughts on Jesse Graham? I thought he moved the puck pretty well last night, also showed some of his speed cutting through the neutral zone. I think whoever drafts him has a good player. Thanks guys

Old
05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
What are some of your thoughts on Jesse Graham? I thought he moved the puck pretty well last night, also showed some of his speed cutting through the neutral zone. I think whoever drafts him has a good player. Thanks guys
I believe he's projected to go 125th so that would be somewhere in the 5th rd. He's small and needs to put on a few pounds but he has mad skills and is an exceptional skater and solid enough defensively.

SignThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
May Day 10

Definitely the best 2 OHL teams. Great series. Im going to games 2 and 4 (hopefully 6). Should be a great show on the small ice surface of the Jack.

As far as predictions.... I dunno. You look at both teams since like February and you get a record of something like 63-9.

May Day 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
Very underrated. Great skater, makes a great first pass. Only thing holding him back right now is he's physically immature. Someone will get a big time steal once he fills out.

As for predictions, Niagra in 4. All games being very close, but Niagra just has a bit more.

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Bruinvasion
HFBoards Sponsor

If Niagara loses this series, game 2 will be where they look back on and kick themselves. Terrible defensive effort from them and too much passing by their stars. Could easily be up 2-0 but you could say the same for London.

Bruinvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 03:39 PM
May Day 10

I thought the Icedogs deserved better for Game 2. They started out great, then kind of fell asleep a bit for the last few minutes of the 1st and most of the 2nd. 3rd period was complete domination though, but they just couldnt tie it up. All London could do was rely on their goaltender and ice the puck in the 3rd.

Big game tonight.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Grant
LL Genius

I'm liking how it's looking

Houser wants to get drafted and Maatta wants to get drafted higher then his projection

Starting to look like Knights want it more and are playing a more complete game (for more of the game anyways). The Knights stars are not doing much but all the Knights lessers and the players to watch in a year or two are pulling through big right now.

Although it is really close and can go either way still, I'm starting to think Knights in 6.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
I'm liking how it's looking

Houser wants to get drafted and Maatta wants to get drafted higher then his projection

Starting to look like Knights want it more and are playing a more complete game (for more of the game anyways). The Knights stars are not doing much but all the Knights lessers and the players to watch in a year or two are pulling through big right now.

Although it is really close and can go either way still, I'm starting to think Knights in 6.
Not a bad game for Houser tonight with almost every NHL scout in the building!!! I almost wish Maatta wasn't as good as he is as next year is likely his last year in London. All the talent up front on this Knights team and Maatta leads the team in playoff points. Not bad!

KnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Not a bad game for Houser tonight with almost every NHL scout in the building!!! I almost wish Maatta wasn't as good as he is as next year is likely his last year in London. All the talent up front on this Knights team and Maatta leads the team in playoff points. Not bad!
If Maatta keeps it up he may not even be back next year.

Old
05-10-2012, 07:53 AM
May Day 10

Maata hurt his arm at the end of the game and I thought Ramage was going to kill someone.