HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Comments By Roy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2004, 10:17 AM
  #1
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Interesting Comments By Roy

I know many will say the game paid him handsomely the last 6 years but , he is saying what the consenus is , '' For the good of the game , the economics must change" we have to realize that most sectors have been hit hard , and thousands of high end jobs have vanished due to out sourcing, downsizing, tech meltdowns,
dollar fluctuations, etc.. this league has changed , the revenue streams are down
popularity is down .Remember the NBA was in deep trouble 20 years ago, but they
collectively put it back on the face of the map , and now they are prospering.
Status quo which is all the players want isn`t negotiable, they must realize that
you aren`t bigger than the game and the pie is only so big, I see them cracking in time. When you haven`t had a pay cheque in 18 months if the season is lost , I DON`T HOW SOLDIFIED YOU ARE NOW , IT WON`T LAST

onemorecup* is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 11:33 AM
  #2
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman
I know many will say the game paid him handsomely the last 6 years but , he is saying what the consenus is , '' For the good of the game , the economics must change" we have to realize that most sectors have been hit hard , and thousands of high end jobs have vanished due to out sourcing, downsizing, tech meltdowns,
dollar fluctuations, etc.. this league has changed , the revenue streams are down
popularity is down .Remember the NBA was in deep trouble 20 years ago, but they
collectively put it back on the face of the map , and now they are prospering.
Status quo which is all the players want isn`t negotiable, they must realize that
you aren`t bigger than the game and the pie is only so big, I see them cracking in time. When you haven`t had a pay cheque in 18 months if the season is lost , I DON`T HOW SOLDIFIED YOU ARE NOW , IT WON`T LAST


Patty Roy for presidente!

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 12:11 PM
  #3
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,115
vCash: 500
I think Roy's comments show that anyone removed from the situation, even an ex-player, seems to see the economic woes of the league more clearly than any current player. Their heads are too full of dollar signs to think clearly and realized, if they don't drawback sufficiently, the league might not exist at all in the next five or so years. I don't see how that is "sticking up for the young players like players in 1994 did for us" it would actually be ruining their careers!

Jakomyte is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 12:14 PM
  #4
romain_jaime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Roy is and always will be a hot head.

romain_jaime is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 12:28 PM
  #5
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Geez, I wonder if Patrick is going to give some money back? You think so? Sounds like those poor owners really need it. How about it, Patrick, just give back 24 %...

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 12:42 PM
  #6
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Geez, I wonder if Patrick is going to give some money back? You think so? Sounds like those poor owners really need it. How about it, Patrick, just give back 24 %...
I'm guessing you're in agreement with me then. I have not read a comment by any present or former players whose comments matter to me in the least. I'll say the same for the ownership side, every comment about the state of the game by either side is self serving crap and the fact that we even see comments from Patrick or Guy Lafleur for that matter means there is little of interest to put in a paper or a TSN[RDS] soundbite.

mcphee is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 12:58 PM
  #7
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I'm guessing you're in agreement with me then. I have not read a comment by any present or former players whose comments matter to me in the least. I'll say the same for the ownership side, every comment about the state of the game by either side is self serving crap and the fact that we even see comments from Patrick or Guy Lafleur for that matter means there is little of interest to put in a paper or a TSN[RDS] soundbite.
Except for the comments by Jean Béliveau, right? Right?

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 01:01 PM
  #8
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Except for the comments by Jean Béliveau, right? Right?
Yeah, except for those. Whew, for got about that.

mcphee is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 01:19 PM
  #9
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
I love how the superstars, some who have ***** the game for years, look back after retirement with sympathy for the owners.

Habs is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 02:46 PM
  #10
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
I'd like to hear him sing that song if he was still suiting up every other night.

Joey is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 03:01 PM
  #11
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I love how the superstars, some who have ***** the game for years, look back after retirement with sympathy for the owners.
Patrick Roy now owns a hockey club I think, so he gets to see the "other side".

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 03:29 PM
  #12
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Patrick Roy now owns a hockey club I think, so he gets to see the "other side".
Bang on here!!! Wayne and Mario would concur... the players understand but Knob Goodenow makes them believe otherwise...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 03:43 PM
  #13
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,310
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
I'd like to hear him sing that song if he was still suiting up every other night.
I really wouldn't be surprised if he still had the same attitude... We're talking Roy here. He'll say what he wants when he wants no matter what people may think of him. Always been that way, always will.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 06:09 PM
  #14
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Patrick Roy now owns a hockey club I think, so he gets to see the "other side".
Junior hockey, hardly is in the same category, but yes ... its amusing to watch Patrick take the other side.

Habs is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 07:03 PM
  #15
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
you know, Patrcik have played for the team of his dream when he was with the Canadians .After that, he played for his big friend Lacroix . Roy was a star but was also one of the player that love the game ,not only the money that came with .

Ribeiro said last summer that he would play for the ch with the nhl minimum rise without problem ; he didn't asked the big rise because he was the leader for the points last season. He's like Roy ; he Likes the game and that's why he's playing with the caravane mcdo by now

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-16-2004, 07:12 PM
  #16
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I love how the superstars, some who have ***** the game for years, look back after retirement with sympathy for the owners.
That's what I exactly thougn first.

CH Wizard is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.