HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Comments By Roy

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2004, 10:17 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Interesting Comments By Roy

I know many will say the game paid him handsomely the last 6 years but , he is saying what the consenus is , '' For the good of the game , the economics must change" we have to realize that most sectors have been hit hard , and thousands of high end jobs have vanished due to out sourcing, downsizing, tech meltdowns,
dollar fluctuations, etc.. this league has changed , the revenue streams are down
popularity is down .Remember the NBA was in deep trouble 20 years ago, but they
collectively put it back on the face of the map , and now they are prospering.
Status quo which is all the players want isn`t negotiable, they must realize that
you aren`t bigger than the game and the pie is only so big, I see them cracking in time. When you haven`t had a pay cheque in 18 months if the season is lost , I DON`T HOW SOLDIFIED YOU ARE NOW , IT WON`T LAST

Old
12-16-2004, 11:33 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman
I know many will say the game paid him handsomely the last 6 years but , he is saying what the consenus is , '' For the good of the game , the economics must change" we have to realize that most sectors have been hit hard , and thousands of high end jobs have vanished due to out sourcing, downsizing, tech meltdowns,
dollar fluctuations, etc.. this league has changed , the revenue streams are down
popularity is down .Remember the NBA was in deep trouble 20 years ago, but they
collectively put it back on the face of the map , and now they are prospering.
Status quo which is all the players want isn`t negotiable, they must realize that
you aren`t bigger than the game and the pie is only so big, I see them cracking in time. When you haven`t had a pay cheque in 18 months if the season is lost , I DON`T HOW SOLDIFIED YOU ARE NOW , IT WON`T LAST

Patty Roy for presidente!

Old
12-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Jakomyte

I think Roy's comments show that anyone removed from the situation, even an ex-player, seems to see the economic woes of the league more clearly than any current player. Their heads are too full of dollar signs to think clearly and realized, if they don't drawback sufficiently, the league might not exist at all in the next five or so years. I don't see how that is "sticking up for the young players like players in 1994 did for us" it would actually be ruining their careers!

Old
12-16-2004, 12:14 PM
romain_jaime

Roy is and always will be a hot head.

Old
12-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Gros Bill

Geez, I wonder if Patrick is going to give some money back? You think so? Sounds like those poor owners really need it. How about it, Patrick, just give back 24 %...

Old
12-16-2004, 12:42 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Geez, I wonder if Patrick is going to give some money back? You think so? Sounds like those poor owners really need it. How about it, Patrick, just give back 24 %...
I'm guessing you're in agreement with me then. I have not read a comment by any present or former players whose comments matter to me in the least. I'll say the same for the ownership side, every comment about the state of the game by either side is self serving crap and the fact that we even see comments from Patrick or Guy Lafleur for that matter means there is little of interest to put in a paper or a TSN[RDS] soundbite.

Old
12-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I'm guessing you're in agreement with me then. I have not read a comment by any present or former players whose comments matter to me in the least. I'll say the same for the ownership side, every comment about the state of the game by either side is self serving crap and the fact that we even see comments from Patrick or Guy Lafleur for that matter means there is little of interest to put in a paper or a TSN[RDS] soundbite.
Except for the comments by Jean Béliveau, right? Right?

Old
12-16-2004, 01:01 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Except for the comments by Jean Béliveau, right? Right?
Yeah, except for those. Whew, for got about that.

Old
12-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Habs

I love how the superstars, some who have ***** the game for years, look back after retirement with sympathy for the owners.

Old
12-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
I'd like to hear him sing that song if he was still suiting up every other night.

Old
12-16-2004, 03:01 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I love how the superstars, some who have ***** the game for years, look back after retirement with sympathy for the owners.
Patrick Roy now owns a hockey club I think, so he gets to see the "other side".

Old
12-16-2004, 03:29 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Bang on here!!! Wayne and Mario would concur... the players understand but Knob Goodenow makes them believe otherwise...

Old
12-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
I'd like to hear him sing that song if he was still suiting up every other night.
I really wouldn't be surprised if he still had the same attitude... We're talking Roy here. He'll say what he wants when he wants no matter what people may think of him. Always been that way, always will.

Old
12-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Junior hockey, hardly is in the same category, but yes ... its amusing to watch Patrick take the other side.

Old
12-16-2004, 07:03 PM
goalchenyuk

you know, Patrcik have played for the team of his dream when he was with the Canadians .After that, he played for his big friend Lacroix . Roy was a star but was also one of the player that love the game ,not only the money that came with .

Ribeiro said last summer that he would play for the ch with the nhl minimum rise without problem ; he didn't asked the big rise because he was the leader for the points last season. He's like Roy ; he Likes the game and that's why he's playing with the caravane mcdo by now

Old
12-16-2004, 07:12 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
That's what I exactly thougn first.

Closed Thread