HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern Conference Finals - (1) New York Rangers vs. (6) New Jersey Devils (II)

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2012, 08:16 PM
irishlaxburger2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Devils have no fans yet stubhub tix are more expensive than MSG. Hmmmmm
Ummm...

darren rovell ‏ @darrenrovell
Avg listed price for Eastern Conference finals Rangers home games: $931. Avg listed price for Devils home games: $614 (via @TiqIQ)

Old
05-13-2012, 08:17 PM
HenriquesJawLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
My man
:dennard:

Old
05-13-2012, 08:18 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Ummm...

darren rovell ‏ @darrenrovell
Avg listed price for Eastern Conference finals Rangers home games: $931. Avg listed price for Devils home games: $614 (via @TiqIQ)
True. But the fact of the matter is that I can get into MSG for less than what I paid (175) to go in Newark

Old
05-13-2012, 08:21 PM
manisback121

It's going to be 6 or 7 without an arguable HOF leader there to steal a game 6. 14GP v. 12GP.

It's going to be tight and no one's predicting a sweep, but again...we never know.

The real weird thing is the role reversal because we were the opportunistic team 18 years ago and lost against the offensive minded team.

Now we're the offensive minded team going against the opportunistic team and if father time is the compass, the offensive minded team comes out.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:21 PM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
True. But the fact of the matter is that I can get into MSG for less than what I paid (175) to go in Newark
Lower end tickets for tomorrow night aren't all that expensive, but what do you expect for a Monday night game 1 at 8pm? A game 1 on a Monday night will easily have the cheapest prices, no matter the arena. You guys also have a Saturday 1PM home game. Those will generally be expensive because more people will be willing to go on a Saturday afternoon. Generally speaking, I think the tickets will be fairly even priced between the two arenas because the same people will be looking to buy them. The only difference is the seats near the ice at MSG have ridiculous face values which will skew our prices upwards.

Also, anyone hate that all games besides one are at 8pm?

Old
05-13-2012, 08:24 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Lower end tickets for tomorrow night aren't all that expensive, but what do you expect for a Monday night game 1 at 8pm? A game 1 on a Monday night will easily have the cheapest prices, no matter the arena. You guys also have a Saturday 1PM home game. Those will generally be expensive because more people will be willing to go on a Saturday afternoon. Generally speaking, I think the tickets will be fairly even priced between the two arenas because the same people will be looking to buy them. The only difference is the seats near the ice at MSG have ridiculous face values which will skew our prices upwards.

It sucks. They should be 7:30 starts. Save the 8 PM starts for the finals. Everyone that's going to the games won't get home until extremely late now.

05-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Section32

I was going to question how the tix in Newark were more expensive, but you are correct my friend...apparently someone is selling $99,999 per/seat tix for Game 3...don't worry people, he has four for the game.

Probably Bruce Driver still trying to give it to the Rangers...he certainly won against them as a Devil and then again when he "sort of" played for them. Don't blame him though- Ranger coaching thought he was good enough to start on the PP for 3 years where he averaged what, 12 points??? If I were a Devil fan, that alone would make me giddy for weeks...

Anyway, that mystery "Rock" seller may just be throwing off the bell curve here. I could be wrong. My wife tells me I am quite a bit.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:25 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:

Haha I guess. I guess I just looked at the prices with the broke college kid mentality while ignoring other factors. (Im 20)

And yeah, Im not a fan of the start time. I know theyre trying to get as many Western viewers, but most people probably arent gonna get home from the game until like 11 or 12 on a work/school night

Old
05-13-2012, 08:26 PM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
It sucks. They should be 7:30 starts. Save the 8 PM starts for the finals. Everyone that's going to the games won't get home until extremely late now.
Yup. And God forbid any games go to OT.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Hate the 8 o clock start times. They are depriving us of what we want.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:29 PM
HenriquesJawLine

Tickets for game 1 are probably cheaper because of the Rangers quick turnaround with just finishing their series last night and fans not knowing if they'll be playing or not.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJParise09 View Post
Tickets for game 1 are probably cheaper because of the Rangers quick turnaround with just finishing their series last night and fans not knowing if they'll be playing or not.
Those $170 seats also suck too. They're practically obstructed view because of the new Upper Balcony overhang. 400 level on that end from Row D and beyond are kinda rough.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Proramm

wasn't home all day come to see the thread and said to myself why is there only 90 posts, then i realized it's part two, WOW

Old
05-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proramm View Post
wasn't home all day come to see the thread and said to myself why is there only 90 posts, then i realized it's part two, WOW
The magic of Rangers/Devils.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Incharge1976

Quote:
The Rangers of the regular season and playoffs are also very different teams. I'll be the first to admit that. We've looked like we're sleep walking compared to the regular season. I'd say we're playing B/B- hockey right now compared to some stretches in the regular season. We're certainly not playing great hockey.

That said, there were three teams coming into these playoffs that I thought were awful matchups for the Rangers - Pens, Caps, and Sens. Given their offensive talent and the way they've played us in the regular season (or past playoff series), I thought each of the 3 could simply out-score us. Luckily, we've gotten by two of them. In sports, hump games certainly exist. Once you get over those humps, things start coming together. As a Devils fan, you saw it after the Florida series. Maybe I'm being a homer here (I probably am), but I think the Rangers got over two big humps in the first two rounds. Now it's only a matter of time before that B/B- hockey starts resembling more of what we saw in the regular season. And if that happens, I think the Devils are in trouble because if both teams play B+ hockey, I think the Rangers have the advantage. Or so the regular season and all other metrics would suggest.

My biggest point of confidence is Marty. The Rangers have really gotten the better of him recently, and always have in the playoffs. Conventional wisdom suggests against it, but I feel a lot more comfortable going against him than any goalie the Caps throw at us. Just look at past precedent. I feel like our goal scorers are just a lot more confident against him because they have a history of beating him regularly.

As long as Lundqvist is Lundqvist, I think the Rangers have the advantage here. But it's playoff hockey. Beyond that, it's effing Rangers/Devils in the Eastern Conference Finals. In 1994, we swept the season series and it still went 7. Anything can happen. I, personally, just happen to be more confident in this series than either of the previous two because I think it's a better match-up for us. Not having to deal with 6 different guys that can snipe Lundqvist's glove hand at any one time makes me feel a lot more comfortable. Your forecheck and Clarkson in front of the net are concerning though. No question there.
The Devils were better than the Rangers in every statistical category after the all-star break including wins. In some cases they were a lot better. I realize that doesn't move over to the playoffs, but the Devils got Zajac back and added three players to the team which made us a lot better. I'm not taking anything away from the Rangers. It's just that we are a lot better now than the first few months of the season.

People bring up the Florida series as a way to discount what the Devils have done, forgetting the fact the Florida playing 82 games and lost only 8 in regulation. Over 90% of the time Florida stepped on the ice this year they didn't lose in regulation. Do people realize how hard that is to do? Go find me some teams in the last 5 years that have lost 8 or less in the regulation over the course of a year. Florida was a really good team that suffered do to sub-par 4 on 4 play and the worst shootout play in the league.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Omar Little
Omar comin yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incharge1976 View Post
The Devils were better than the Rangers in every statistical category after the all-star break including wins. In some cases they were a lot better. I realize that doesn't move over to the playoffs, but the Devils got Zajac back and added three players to the team which made us a lot better. I'm not taking anything away from the Rangers. It's just that we are a lot better now than the first few months of the season.

People bring up the Florida series as a way to discount what the Devils have done, forgetting the fact the Florida playing 82 games and lost only 8 in regulation. Over 90% of the time Florida stepped on the ice this year they didn't lose in regulation. Do people realize how hard that is to do? Go find me some teams in the last 5 years that have lost 8 or less in the regulation over the course of a year. Florida was a really good team that suffered do to sub-par 4 on 4 play and the worst shootout play in the league.
They lost 26 times in regulation. OT losses are not subtracted from total losses

Old
05-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

So very confused. Florida lost 26 times in regulation. Not sure where this 8 came from.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:02 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilshark View Post
Series is on Lundqvists shoulders. Devils have more talent, Rangers play a "easier" system. If the Devils can average 3 gpg, theyll win the series.
If the Devils avg 3gpg, the Devils win in 5 games. Tomorrows opening over/under is 4.5 - only the third time an nhl total has been that low all season.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

can we please stop the how many fans the devils have pissing match? i mean seriously, does it even matter?

Old
05-13-2012, 09:15 PM
alfiespezza
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilshark View Post
The Rangers looked lethargic in game 6 and 7. Lundqvist won you both series. 5 on 5 youve been outplayed by the 8 and 7 seed. The Rangers have been playing playoff Hockey all year. Its showing. The thing is, you have an impenetrable fortress of a goaltender.
Does it matter if Lundqvist wins games for the Rangers? He's part of the team and a win is a win regardless of which player steps up to be the star. Lundqvist and his entourage of defense is pretty much impenetratable.

The Sens may have been the #8th seed but they certainly didn't play that series like they were. They showed and threw the offense at the Rangers like nothing I've seen yet in the playoffs thus far (offensively speaking). Anyone who says otherwise likely didn't watch the series.

The Caps may have been the #7 seed but they did take out the #2 seed before pushing the Rangers to their limits and also showed up to play some serious hockey.

If anything, I'd say the first two rounds gave the Rangers a lesson in dealing with a dominant offense and defense. Of course they're tired but with the Stanley Cup in sight, I would count on that to slow them, or any of the remaining teams, down.

I think the Rangers will take this but it will be a tough series, like most in the EC have been so far.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
can we please stop the how many fans the devils have pissing match? i mean seriously, does it even matter?
If people stopped discussing things that really didn't matter this thread would come to a screeching halt.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:23 PM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiespezza View Post
Does it matter if Lundqvist wins games for the Rangers? He's part of the team and a win is a win regardless of which player steps up to be the star. Lundqvist and his entourage of defense is pretty much impenetratable.

The Sens may have been the #8th seed but they certainly didn't play that series like they were. They showed and threw the offense at the Rangers like nothing I've seen yet in the playoffs thus far (offensively speaking). Anyone who says otherwise likely didn't watch the series.

The Caps may have been the #7 seed but they did take out the #2 seed before pushing the Rangers to their limits and also showed up to play some serious hockey.

If anything, I'd say the first two rounds gave the Rangers a lesson in dealing with a dominant offense and defense. Of course they're tired but with the Stanley Cup in sight, I would count on that to slow them, or any of the remaining teams, down.

I think the Rangers will take this but it will be a tough series, like most in the EC have been so far.
Generally agreed with this, particularly the point about fatigue. It's Rangers/Devils in the ECF. I highly doubt fatigue or lethargy will play much of a role unless the Devils forecheck REALLY gets to us.

And for as much as people want to say Girardi and McD are getting tired, it certainly didn't look like it last night. Both appear to be in midseason form.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
If people stopped discussing things that really didn't matter this thread would come to a screeching halt.
granted, after all we're talking about a bunch of grown men playing a game, but this matters even less than most things mentioned in this thread. who gives a **** how many fans the devils have? why does that affect rangers fans or even devils fans for that matter? it's not like nobody shows up.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

We're 5-3 at home. Even if we did have two arenas I wouldn't be doing backflips about it

Old
05-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
granted, after all we're talking about a bunch of grown men playing a game, but this matters even less than most things mentioned in this thread. who gives a **** how many fans the devils have? why does that affect rangers fans or even devils fans for that matter? it's not like nobody shows up.
Nor does the fact that the Rangers have only won 1 Cup in the last 70 something years.

Nor does resale ticket prices at the Gardens being cheaper than in Jersey.

Nor does calling Lundqvist, Princess or Queen.

Nor does calling Brodeur, Uncle Dad or Fatso.

........ I'm sure there is plenty more to add to that list.

Closed Thread