HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern Conference Finals - (1) New York Rangers vs. (6) New Jersey Devils (II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2012, 08:16 PM
  #76
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Devils have no fans yet stubhub tix are more expensive than MSG. Hmmmmm
Ummm...

darren rovell ‏ @darrenrovell
Avg listed price for Eastern Conference finals Rangers home games: $931. Avg listed price for Devils home games: $614 (via @TiqIQ)

irishlaxburger2 is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:17 PM
  #77
HenriquesJawLine
Registered User
 
HenriquesJawLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
My man
:dennard:

HenriquesJawLine is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:18 PM
  #78
SMantzas
Church of Corsi
 
SMantzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Ummm...

darren rovell ‏ @darrenrovell
Avg listed price for Eastern Conference finals Rangers home games: $931. Avg listed price for Devils home games: $614 (via @TiqIQ)
True. But the fact of the matter is that I can get into MSG for less than what I paid (175) to go in Newark

SMantzas is online now  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:21 PM
  #79
manisback121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,289
vCash: 500
It's going to be 6 or 7 without an arguable HOF leader there to steal a game 6. 14GP v. 12GP.

It's going to be tight and no one's predicting a sweep, but again...we never know.

The real weird thing is the role reversal because we were the opportunistic team 18 years ago and lost against the offensive minded team.

Now we're the offensive minded team going against the opportunistic team and if father time is the compass, the offensive minded team comes out.

manisback121 is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:21 PM
  #80
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
True. But the fact of the matter is that I can get into MSG for less than what I paid (175) to go in Newark
Lower end tickets for tomorrow night aren't all that expensive, but what do you expect for a Monday night game 1 at 8pm? A game 1 on a Monday night will easily have the cheapest prices, no matter the arena. You guys also have a Saturday 1PM home game. Those will generally be expensive because more people will be willing to go on a Saturday afternoon. Generally speaking, I think the tickets will be fairly even priced between the two arenas because the same people will be looking to buy them. The only difference is the seats near the ice at MSG have ridiculous face values which will skew our prices upwards.

Also, anyone hate that all games besides one are at 8pm?

irishlaxburger2 is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:24 PM
  #81
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Lower end tickets for tomorrow night aren't all that expensive, but what do you expect for a Monday night game 1 at 8pm? A game 1 on a Monday night will easily have the cheapest prices, no matter the arena. You guys also have a Saturday 1PM home game. Those will generally be expensive because more people will be willing to go on a Saturday afternoon. Generally speaking, I think the tickets will be fairly even priced between the two arenas because the same people will be looking to buy them. The only difference is the seats near the ice at MSG have ridiculous face values which will skew our prices upwards.

Also, anyone hate that all games besides one are at 8pm?
It sucks. They should be 7:30 starts. Save the 8 PM starts for the finals. Everyone that's going to the games won't get home until extremely late now.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:25 PM
  #82
Section32
Registered User
 
Section32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
I was going to question how the tix in Newark were more expensive, but you are correct my friend...apparently someone is selling $99,999 per/seat tix for Game 3...don't worry people, he has four for the game.

Probably Bruce Driver still trying to give it to the Rangers...he certainly won against them as a Devil and then again when he "sort of" played for them. Don't blame him though- Ranger coaching thought he was good enough to start on the PP for 3 years where he averaged what, 12 points??? If I were a Devil fan, that alone would make me giddy for weeks...

Anyway, that mystery "Rock" seller may just be throwing off the bell curve here. I could be wrong. My wife tells me I am quite a bit.

Section32 is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:25 PM
  #83
SMantzas
Church of Corsi
 
SMantzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Lower end tickets for tomorrow night aren't all that expensive, but what do you expect for a Monday night game 1 at 8pm? A game 1 on a Monday night will easily have the cheapest prices, no matter the arena. You guys also have a Saturday 1PM home game. Those will generally be expensive because more people will be willing to go on a Saturday afternoon. Generally speaking, I think the tickets will be fairly even priced between the two arenas because the same people will be looking to buy them. The only difference is the seats near the ice at MSG have ridiculous face values which will skew our prices upwards.

Also, anyone hate that all games besides one are at 8pm?
Haha I guess. I guess I just looked at the prices with the broke college kid mentality while ignoring other factors. (Im 20)

And yeah, Im not a fan of the start time. I know theyre trying to get as many Western viewers, but most people probably arent gonna get home from the game until like 11 or 12 on a work/school night

SMantzas is online now  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:26 PM
  #84
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
It sucks. They should be 7:30 starts. Save the 8 PM starts for the finals. Everyone that's going to the games won't get home until extremely late now.
Yup. And God forbid any games go to OT.

irishlaxburger2 is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:27 PM
  #85
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,695
vCash: 50
Hate the 8 o clock start times. They are depriving us of what we want.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:29 PM
  #86
HenriquesJawLine
Registered User
 
HenriquesJawLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Tickets for game 1 are probably cheaper because of the Rangers quick turnaround with just finishing their series last night and fans not knowing if they'll be playing or not.

HenriquesJawLine is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
  #87
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJParise09 View Post
Tickets for game 1 are probably cheaper because of the Rangers quick turnaround with just finishing their series last night and fans not knowing if they'll be playing or not.
Those $170 seats also suck too. They're practically obstructed view because of the new Upper Balcony overhang. 400 level on that end from Row D and beyond are kinda rough.

irishlaxburger2 is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
  #88
Proramm
Registered User
 
Proramm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jersey
Country: Germany
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
wasn't home all day come to see the thread and said to myself why is there only 90 posts, then i realized it's part two, WOW

Proramm is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:35 PM
  #89
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,695
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proramm View Post
wasn't home all day come to see the thread and said to myself why is there only 90 posts, then i realized it's part two, WOW
The magic of Rangers/Devils.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:44 PM
  #90
Incharge1976
Registered User
 
Incharge1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
The Rangers of the regular season and playoffs are also very different teams. I'll be the first to admit that. We've looked like we're sleep walking compared to the regular season. I'd say we're playing B/B- hockey right now compared to some stretches in the regular season. We're certainly not playing great hockey.

That said, there were three teams coming into these playoffs that I thought were awful matchups for the Rangers - Pens, Caps, and Sens. Given their offensive talent and the way they've played us in the regular season (or past playoff series), I thought each of the 3 could simply out-score us. Luckily, we've gotten by two of them. In sports, hump games certainly exist. Once you get over those humps, things start coming together. As a Devils fan, you saw it after the Florida series. Maybe I'm being a homer here (I probably am), but I think the Rangers got over two big humps in the first two rounds. Now it's only a matter of time before that B/B- hockey starts resembling more of what we saw in the regular season. And if that happens, I think the Devils are in trouble because if both teams play B+ hockey, I think the Rangers have the advantage. Or so the regular season and all other metrics would suggest.

My biggest point of confidence is Marty. The Rangers have really gotten the better of him recently, and always have in the playoffs. Conventional wisdom suggests against it, but I feel a lot more comfortable going against him than any goalie the Caps throw at us. Just look at past precedent. I feel like our goal scorers are just a lot more confident against him because they have a history of beating him regularly.

As long as Lundqvist is Lundqvist, I think the Rangers have the advantage here. But it's playoff hockey. Beyond that, it's effing Rangers/Devils in the Eastern Conference Finals. In 1994, we swept the season series and it still went 7. Anything can happen. I, personally, just happen to be more confident in this series than either of the previous two because I think it's a better match-up for us. Not having to deal with 6 different guys that can snipe Lundqvist's glove hand at any one time makes me feel a lot more comfortable. Your forecheck and Clarkson in front of the net are concerning though. No question there.
The Devils were better than the Rangers in every statistical category after the all-star break including wins. In some cases they were a lot better. I realize that doesn't move over to the playoffs, but the Devils got Zajac back and added three players to the team which made us a lot better. I'm not taking anything away from the Rangers. It's just that we are a lot better now than the first few months of the season.

People bring up the Florida series as a way to discount what the Devils have done, forgetting the fact the Florida playing 82 games and lost only 8 in regulation. Over 90% of the time Florida stepped on the ice this year they didn't lose in regulation. Do people realize how hard that is to do? Go find me some teams in the last 5 years that have lost 8 or less in the regulation over the course of a year. Florida was a really good team that suffered do to sub-par 4 on 4 play and the worst shootout play in the league.

Incharge1976 is online now  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:49 PM
  #91
Omar Little
Omar comin yo
 
Omar Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incharge1976 View Post
The Devils were better than the Rangers in every statistical category after the all-star break including wins. In some cases they were a lot better. I realize that doesn't move over to the playoffs, but the Devils got Zajac back and added three players to the team which made us a lot better. I'm not taking anything away from the Rangers. It's just that we are a lot better now than the first few months of the season.

People bring up the Florida series as a way to discount what the Devils have done, forgetting the fact the Florida playing 82 games and lost only 8 in regulation. Over 90% of the time Florida stepped on the ice this year they didn't lose in regulation. Do people realize how hard that is to do? Go find me some teams in the last 5 years that have lost 8 or less in the regulation over the course of a year. Florida was a really good team that suffered do to sub-par 4 on 4 play and the worst shootout play in the league.
They lost 26 times in regulation. OT losses are not subtracted from total losses

Omar Little is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 08:56 PM
  #92
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,695
vCash: 50
So very confused. Florida lost 26 times in regulation. Not sure where this 8 came from.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 09:02 PM
  #93
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilshark View Post
Series is on Lundqvists shoulders. Devils have more talent, Rangers play a "easier" system. If the Devils can average 3 gpg, theyll win the series.
If the Devils avg 3gpg, the Devils win in 5 games. Tomorrows opening over/under is 4.5 - only the third time an nhl total has been that low all season.

abev is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 09:14 PM
  #94
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
can we please stop the how many fans the devils have pissing match? i mean seriously, does it even matter?

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 09:15 PM
  #95
alfiespezza
Rookie User
 
alfiespezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilshark View Post
The Rangers looked lethargic in game 6 and 7. Lundqvist won you both series. 5 on 5 youve been outplayed by the 8 and 7 seed. The Rangers have been playing playoff Hockey all year. Its showing. The thing is, you have an impenetrable fortress of a goaltender.
Does it matter if Lundqvist wins games for the Rangers? He's part of the team and a win is a win regardless of which player steps up to be the star. Lundqvist and his entourage of defense is pretty much impenetratable.

The Sens may have been the #8th seed but they certainly didn't play that series like they were. They showed and threw the offense at the Rangers like nothing I've seen yet in the playoffs thus far (offensively speaking). Anyone who says otherwise likely didn't watch the series.

The Caps may have been the #7 seed but they did take out the #2 seed before pushing the Rangers to their limits and also showed up to play some serious hockey.

If anything, I'd say the first two rounds gave the Rangers a lesson in dealing with a dominant offense and defense. Of course they're tired but with the Stanley Cup in sight, I would count on that to slow them, or any of the remaining teams, down.

I think the Rangers will take this but it will be a tough series, like most in the EC have been so far.

alfiespezza is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 09:19 PM
  #96
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue
 
Stanley Foobrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fooville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
can we please stop the how many fans the devils have pissing match? i mean seriously, does it even matter?
If people stopped discussing things that really didn't matter this thread would come to a screeching halt.

Stanley Foobrick is online now  
Old
05-13-2012, 09:23 PM
  #97
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiespezza View Post
Does it matter if Lundqvist wins games for the Rangers? He's part of the team and a win is a win regardless of which player steps up to be the star. Lundqvist and his entourage of defense is pretty much impenetratable.

The Sens may have been the #8th seed but they certainly didn't play that series like they were. They showed and threw the offense at the Rangers like nothing I've seen yet in the playoffs thus far (offensively speaking). Anyone who says otherwise likely didn't watch the series.

The Caps may have been the #7 seed but they did take out the #2 seed before pushing the Rangers to their limits and also showed up to play some serious hockey.

If anything, I'd say the first two rounds gave the Rangers a lesson in dealing with a dominant offense and defense. Of course they're tired but with the Stanley Cup in sight, I would count on that to slow them, or any of the remaining teams, down.

I think the Rangers will take this but it will be a tough series, like most in the EC have been so far.
Generally agreed with this, particularly the point about fatigue. It's Rangers/Devils in the ECF. I highly doubt fatigue or lethargy will play much of a role unless the Devils forecheck REALLY gets to us.

And for as much as people want to say Girardi and McD are getting tired, it certainly didn't look like it last night. Both appear to be in midseason form.

irishlaxburger2 is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 09:27 PM
  #98
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
If people stopped discussing things that really didn't matter this thread would come to a screeching halt.
granted, after all we're talking about a bunch of grown men playing a game, but this matters even less than most things mentioned in this thread. who gives a **** how many fans the devils have? why does that affect rangers fans or even devils fans for that matter? it's not like nobody shows up.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 09:29 PM
  #99
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,777
vCash: 500
We're 5-3 at home. Even if we did have two arenas I wouldn't be doing backflips about it

Machinehead is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 09:32 PM
  #100
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue
 
Stanley Foobrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fooville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
granted, after all we're talking about a bunch of grown men playing a game, but this matters even less than most things mentioned in this thread. who gives a **** how many fans the devils have? why does that affect rangers fans or even devils fans for that matter? it's not like nobody shows up.
Nor does the fact that the Rangers have only won 1 Cup in the last 70 something years.

Nor does resale ticket prices at the Gardens being cheaper than in Jersey.

Nor does calling Lundqvist, Princess or Queen.

Nor does calling Brodeur, Uncle Dad or Fatso.

........ I'm sure there is plenty more to add to that list.

Stanley Foobrick is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.