HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

1st OVERALL TRADE

Old
05-14-2012, 07:46 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post

Just forget it, believe what you want to believe, trading Couture for Yukapov would be absurdly stupid.
But you have to understand that a proven, young player is nothing compared to an unproven draft pick. Yakupov has a lot of value, but I'd take Couture every time when given the decision between the two. On this thread though, you will have to do couture ++ before some fans will even recognize trades for the all powerful 1st overall pick. Sucks to get the pick in a weaker year, but don't go acting like you got Crosby.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:28 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
But you have to understand that a proven, young player is nothing compared to an unproven draft pick. Yakupov has a lot of value, but I'd take Couture every time when given the decision between the two. On this thread though, you will have to do couture ++ before some fans will even recognize trades for the all powerful 1st overall pick. Sucks to get the pick in a weaker year, but don't go acting like you got Crosby.
doesn't suck for the Oilers! Yak is anything but a weak pick, but perhaps where your team is picking?

and only a foolish few Oiler fans are acting like Yak is the 2nd coming of Crosby.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:39 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
This is what happens when Edmonton fans follow the ramblings from the cooky Richard Cloutier.... even their draft picks are seemingly made of gold.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Richa...rray/131/44404

Absolutely brutal.

Strome + 4th overall for the 1st overall? Right.
Gardiner + 5th overall for the 1st overall? Right.

Get a grip, Edmonton fans. Absolutely worst proposals I've read in recent weeks, from posters and bloggers alike.
I thought I was the only one that read this and was like "what the crap are you thinking?"

Was another guy that said CLB give up "#2, #31, and would have to add a sweetner" Thought I wondered onto the Toronto board for a second on that one.

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:35 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
why would the Oilers even want Danny Kristo?
You seemed to have forgot to add + 3rd OVR + NSH 2nd..
So someone wants us to give up 3rd overall, Nsh 2nd + Danny Kristo just to draft the player we don't need instead of drafting the player we are interrersted and in need of with our 3rd overall.Makes sense.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:39 AM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingcru View Post
TRADE 1st OVERALL. I was thinking of the best return in a trade for the 1st OVERALL.

I asked around and got these answers. My favorite is the NAS and BUF ones since they address goaltending, what is you opinion?

NAS- Pekka Rinne + Ryan Ellis for 1st OVR + Olivier Roy
BUF- Brayden McNabb + 12th OVR + Jonas Enroth + 22nd OVR for 1st OVR

Which one in your guys opinion is the best return FOR ? Keep in mind that this team is the Oilers and there biggest needs are goaltending and defensemen.
Pens: 1st Overall & Shultz

Edmonton: Staal, Martin (if he would waive), 1st round pick (possibly Tangradi or Strait as a sweetener if needed)

???

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Ville82

Rinne>>>Oilers

Ville82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Staal straight up
Oilers aren't trading a potential franchise player for a #2/3 center..

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:59 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
You seemed to have forgot to add + 3rd OVR + NSH 2nd..
So someone wants us to give up 3rd overall, Nsh 2nd + Danny Kristo just to draft the player we don't need instead of drafting the player we are interrersted and in need of with our 3rd overall.Makes sense.
i actually don't mind being offered draft picks and good young players....but delete Danny Kristo, a winger whom the Oilers simply don't need, and add in Jarred Tinordi we are already hard pressed to find enough playing time for Paajarvi, Omark and Hartikainen, what the Oilers would need are young d-men, not forwards.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:03 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

There's only 2 left now.

No to BUF
Instant "yes with no takebacks" to NSH

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Pens: 1st Overall & Shultz

Edmonton: Staal, Martin (if he would waive), 1st round pick (possibly Tangradi or Strait as a sweetener if needed)

???
That's ****ing awful for the Oilers. Staal is a second line center, no way we move 1st overall for him, and you want to dump Martin's contract on us as well? The 1st round pick doesn't make up for the difference between 1st overall+Shultz and Staal+Martin (the latter whom arguably has negative value).

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:53 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Tuukka Rask, Jordan Caron and the 23rd overall for first overall.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
n3ss

Washington offers rights to mike green, anyone not named Holtby, Alzner, Carlson, Orlov (imo), Backstrom or Ovechkin

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:11 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
i actually don't mind being offered draft picks and good young players....but delete Danny Kristo, a winger whom the Oilers simply don't need, and add in Jarred Tinordi we are already hard pressed to find enough playing time for Paajarvi, Omark and Hartikainen, what the Oilers would need are young d-men, not forwards.
Well you won't have to worry about Kristo and you can forget about Tinordi.
Habs have no interest in trading up from the 3rd overall for the 1st.
I would rather take my chances on the 3rd over all pick. I think that Yak is one hit away from retirement.

Old
05-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
TRADE 1st OVERALL. I was thinking of the best return in a trade for the 1st OVERALL.

I asked around and got these answers. My favorite is the NAS and BUF ones since they address goaltending, what is you opinion?

Which one in your guys opinion is the best return FOR ? Keep in mind that this team is the Oilers and there biggest needs are goaltending and defensemen.

That there is a collective reaction from Nashville fans lol.

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Duncanmac81

Quote:

really who gave that offer your cousin from norway who has never watched hockey in his life....
maybe 4 years ago when Olivier was a top prospect, but he jsut hasn't proven anything to me yet, and Ellis, no chance Nashville moves Ellis unless they have Suter and Weber signed long term.

but as a Oilers fan I say hell yes where do the Oilers sign, if thats the offer from Nashville I'll sign that with Capital letters

Duncanmac81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
I would rather take my chances on the 3rd over all pick. I think that Yak is one hit away from retirement.
We get it.... You like to bash Yakupov because your not in the position to draft him. Obvious Troll is Obvious.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:11 PM
SaskOil*
u mad

Quote:
Nobody wants your spare parts and garbage trades. Off to the next Oiler thread to troll with jealousy....Run along now!

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:37 PM
n3ss

Quote:
As is any player in the league...

MAYBE WE SHOULDN'T DRAFT AT ALL UNTIL THERES A CURE FOR CONCUSSIONS! /s

In that case,

Pens offer Sidney Crosby + Kris Letang for 1st overall;

Both of those players are far more likely to experience career ending concussions. amirite? Might as well trade while they still have some value.

Last edited by n3ss: 05-15-2012 at 10:42 PM.
n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:35 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
We get it.... You like to bash Yakupov because your not in the position to draft him. Obvious Troll is Obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskOil View Post
Nobody wants your spare parts and garbage trades. Off to the next Oiler thread to troll with jealousy....Run along now!

We're not the ones running across the board trying to trade for him. It's you guys trying to trade down.You expect to get a crosby return for the 1st.
The whole board laughs about it and you guys get all bent out of shape because you don't like most of the responses you get.As i said Yak is not the player the Habs are interrested in.We are in need of a bigger center.One of Gal or Grigs is what we are really interrested and is what we are going to get.Both are a step behind Yak but both could also end up being just as good down the road,possible better..
I guess some people just don't understand.Thats why we get childest responses like the two above.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:05 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:

Habs could offer Price + 3rd pick for 1st pick, Eberle, Dubnyk?

Oilers get franchise goalie and Murray who they really want anyway. Habs free up enough cash to overpay for top defensemen who will be needed with down grade in net?

Just joking....top 6 wingers not that hard to get ie. Gionta, Cole, Patches but star goalie or big #1 center are near impossible to find. Habs not interested

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Classic Habs homerism at its best. Of course Yakupov is one hit away from retirement, but Galchenyuk who missed basically the entire season is going to have a long injury free career.

Quote:
We're not the ones running across the board trying to trade for him. It's you guys trying to trade down.You expect to get a crosby return for the 1st.
The whole board laughs about it and you guys get all bent out of shape because you don't like most of the responses you get.As i said Yak is not the player the Habs are interrested in.We are in need of a bigger center.One of Gal or Grigs is what we are really interrested and is what we are going to get.Both are a step behind Yak but both could also end up being just as good down the road,possible better..
I guess some people just don't understand.Thats why we get childest responses like the two above.
Umm, in case you haven't noticed, over 90% of Oilers fans want to just draft Yakupov. The only people making 1st overall proposals are either the same 3/4 Oilers fans nobody agrees with or fans of other teams.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:52 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
let's not forget that it's only a small percentage of the fans who are obsessed with getting defencemen and have preconcieved notions about Russian players and concussions who are suggesting we trade #1 overall ! the vast majority of Oiler fans want to pick Yakupov. and if i were drafting for the Habs, stay far away from Grigorenko and take Galchenyk....i have been hearing from the media that the KHL wants to offer Grigs a huge contract to go play there. but i'll bet you if the Habs did have a chance to trade up to get Yak they would ! and "childish responses" on the Trade Rumours and Free Agent Talk board seems to be the norm with most fans.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:40 AM
chrjosric

from Oil 1st rd pk (#1)

from Caps 1st rd pk (#11), Caps 2nd rd pk, Marcus Johansson, Neuvirth, Schultz

chrjosric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Alivesi

Some are undervalueing the 1st overall pick, like at all the previous 1st overalls and see where they stand. Hopkins, Hall, Tavares, Kane, Stamkos etc.
They are all amazing players. To guy offering 1st overall for Staal straight up, do you think you could obtain any of these players with Staal, no? Although some of these are more proven, you still wouldn't. Staal is a poor mans 1c and going to end up as 2c.

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
You practically invented childish responses dude....... You got those responses because you posted a stupid remark, that is not true whatsoever. So please before you make bold comments like that, look over what you post.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote