HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Are the Devils still considered a trap team?

Old
05-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Well, that part isnt really by design. The Devils were all over a tired team in that 2nd period. Personally, Im surprised the Rangers found that extra gear in the 3rd.

Collapsing in the defensive zone and blocking shots is not the gameplan. Its a last resort when the forecheck is non-existent and the breakout is putrid.
Agreed, no team wants to be in their own end. Rangers would rather be on the forcheck like NJ with quick shifts.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radon View Post
It sure looks like the gameplan since it happens every game... I mean, it's been working but losing is so much more frustrating when your team dominates for periods at a time.
The opposing team attempts shots every game. It sounds pretty simple. The Devils dominated that 2nd period - the Rangers stood their ground, blocked shots, and got a key save or two from Lundqvist.

I dont see many Devils fans admitting their team got smoked in the 3rd period last night. I guess the Rangers blocked their way to 2 goals and an empty netter.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote