HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia - Toronto

Old
05-14-2012, 09:33 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Bandwagon since 2008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
I'd be more than happy to take Murray at #5... not like this team can't use help on defense..

deal Gunnar for Clowe
deal Shenn+ for Luongo

Phaneuf-Gardiner
Liles-Muray
Franson-Komisarek
Holzer/Blacker/Purcey
I can't imagine Murray gets passed the Islanders if he's available.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:00 PM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I can't imagine Murray gets passed the Islanders if he's available.
ya me either, but just to counter his point that if the 4 forwards go first we still get a great pick we can make work.

Forsberg is the only guy I can see NYI taking instead of Murray to grow to be a great 1-2 with Tavares and acquire D via free agency or trade of other forward

it's tough to say what order they go in... Yak goes #1, but Nash deal return definitely affects what direction they go with the pick. Montreal takes 1 of the Centers. so Murray or Forsberg will be the pick for NYI.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Reaper1097

What about this deal...

To Toronto:
James Van Reimsdyk
Sergei Bobrovsky
2012 3rd Round Pick
2012 4th Round Pick

To Philadelphia
Luke Schenn
2012 1st Round Pick

Reaper1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 06:12 AM
feedingschennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1097 View Post
What about this deal...

To Toronto:
James Van Reimsdyk
Sergei Bobrovsky
2012 3rd Round Pick
2012 4th Round Pick

To Philadelphia
Luke Schenn
2012 1st Round Pick
Philly still has to add.

JVR = Schenn + 2nd rounder

Bob+3rd and 4th, still short especially for pick of that caliber.

Throw in our 2013 second which we undoubtably will trade anyway and i think it gets done.

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Reaper1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Philly still has to add.

JVR = Schenn + 2nd rounder

Bob+3rd and 4th, still short especially for pick of that caliber.

Throw in our 2013 second which we undoubtably will trade anyway and i think it gets done.
2013 2nd round pick wouldnt be a deal breaker for the flyers so I think they would not have an issue adding it....

Old
05-15-2012, 06:42 AM
feedingschennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1097 View Post
2013 2nd round pick wouldnt be a deal breaker for the flyers so I think they would not have an issue adding it....
And a random prospect? Does that and the second round addition cause fair value?

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Monarchist

Schenn isn't fast enough or good enough (now) for the Flyers.

Try the Blues. Maybe for Chris Stewart+?

They have a need right now for anyone at all who can play as an NHL caliber defenseman on their bottom pairing and are a young team, not rebuilding with picks but not win-now trading for the best UFA available at the trade deadline either. They need someone defense-first to partner with Shattenkirk on their second pairing and might hope Schenn can be that guy. They have a hole open on their first pairing if Schenn ever fulfills 100% of his potential (which most people in life don't come close to, but with Hitchcock there is a better chance than under any other circumstances). The Blues have extra second line wingers available with NHL experience to trade who are better than Stewart, especially if Tarasenko comes over next year.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:38 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
We already have Grossmann, and Grossmann > Schenn

pass
Flyers have the best 4 goals against per game -- defence in the league. It was awesome watching the Flyers trap these playoffs. Grossman was like Adam Foote out there. Without him it would have been 8 goals against per game, easy.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Reaper1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
And a random prospect? Does that and the second round addition cause fair value?
Well the best player in the deal now is JVR and he also has the largest upside of any player. But with the flyers depth up front he is expendable to fill another need.

Schenn is not a top pairing Dman, but IMO would be a very solid 4-5 Dman who has the ability to fill in the top pair on a limited basis. So that is valuable to a team in which the defense is always hurting physically by the end of the year.

Bobrovsky potentially could be a solid starter in this league. although he will never play here with bryz's deal so he is also expendable for the flyers but could be an asset to the leafs.

The draft picks are always a crap shoot, so neither team knows what they are gonna get. Obviously the #5 overall has a better chance of succeeding at the NHL level so that advantage goes to the flyers since they are giving up JVR and Bobrovsky. The 2nd, 3rd, & 4th round picks go to the leafs who need to add as many quality players as possible.

With all this said, i really dont think that this trade is out of line. It would help both teams now and in the future.

Old
05-15-2012, 08:52 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Flyers have the best 4 goals against per game -- defence in the league. It was awesome watching the Flyers trap these playoffs. Grossman was like Adam Foote out there. Without him it would have been 8 goals against per game, easy.
You are pretty much proving our point here bud. Going by your math, if you are trying to suggest that Schenn could take us from 4 goals per game to 2, then sure we might want to fork out some major assets for him. But no, Schenn is a marginal upgrade to what we have, since he'd be upgrading our 3rd pairing. The Flyers need someone significant, like the guy we are missing, Pronger, to fix our blueline problems.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
This just in...

...the Air Canada Center will have a new name in 2012. It will be re-named "The playoffs". That way, the Maple Leafs will finally have the opportunity to play in "the playoffs".

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Badger Mayhew

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
Flyers say no... To get simmonds TOR will need to overpay.
Macarthur+Kadri+Holzer for Simmonds sound fair?

Badger Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Macarthur+Kadri+Holzer for Simmonds sound fair?
The Flyers need D, not a bunch of table scrap forwards who probably wouldn't even make the opening night roster.

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:11 PM
O4GM

Gunnarson & 2nd for Simmonds

O4GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:51 PM
MintoMadDogsKiller18*
Go Leafs Go!

I would want more in return for Schenn then just Simmonds. I like Simmonds but I would want more in return for Schenn.

MintoMadDogsKiller18* is offline   Reply With Quote