HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dale Hunter Stepping Down Today

Old
05-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Some have been wondering about future of Todd McLellan in San Jose. No question in my mind he'll be back with the Sharks.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:21 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
George implying he wants to wait tells me he has already decided on the style we will play next year. Regardless of the coach. Common sense would tell me that he should know what style we will play before delving into FA this summer.

That tells me he will dictate the style we will bring. Semin out, Kuz out - I know what I am preparing for.... perhaps only Ted seeing renewals down can force him to go offensive.
Waiting for the Ovechkin trade demand rumors to start leaking. Might take one more postseason failure and bad regular season for him...

Certainly not a lot of positive vibes going around...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:40 PM
hyzer23

i dont think i'd be upset with crawford or R.Wilson....possibly even Maurice. There HAS to be better choices. There just has to be. Just please don't be anyone currently with the caps organization...

Also, what on earth are people thinking when they say kolzig...what in gods name qualifies him as a head coach

hyzer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:42 PM
ForzaItalia

Wilson? Guy was a total joke here in Toronto and the LAST coach I'd wanna see for the Caps.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:55 PM
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

Any chance Johnson stays on in his current role?

blokeyhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:58 PM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
I am going to assume not a single reporter today even considered asking Dale about why he ran the trap, instead of doing what he did in London, for instance. Was it George's idea, or not.

Ask for the fans that are bored with defensive hockey at least. Oh well, we will never know.

Maybe its best to hold off renewing for now.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Capsman

Quote:
George implying he wants to wait tells me he has already decided on the style we will play next year. Regardless of the coach. Common sense would tell me that he should know what style we will play before delving into FA this summer.

That tells me he will dictate the style we will bring. Semin out, Kuz out - I know what I am preparing for.... perhaps only Ted seeing renewals down can force him to go offensive.
Oh for goodness sake, we do not know that Semin is out. I highly doubt anyone has told him that he will never play the last minute of a game, or will never play shorthanded.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:06 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Oh for goodness sake, we do not know that Semin is out. I highly doubt anyone has told him that he will never play the last minute of a game, or will never play shorthanded.
CBC just said Semin was disappointed with lack of playing time in the playoffs and lack of PK time. His agent also pretty much implied he's not wanted in DC.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:22 PM
SephF
Patreeky

I'm pretty surprised at the reactions in this thread. I thought it was pretty much a given that Hunter was done at the end of the year. The way I saw it was he was doing GMGM a favour.

Can't expect him to spend a few years behind the bench when we all know he doesn't even want to coach in the NHL.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:25 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I am going to assume not a single reporter today even considered asking Dale about why he ran the trap, instead of doing what he did in London, for instance. Was it George's idea, or not.

Ask for the fans that are bored with defensive hockey at least. Oh well, we will never know.

Maybe its best to hold off renewing for now.
I think it's becoming more clear that McPhee is dictating team style.....

It's too late...renewals are already in.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Langway
Flow➜Grow

vCash: 50
Quote:
London traps currently and Wideman said it really wasn't much different from what he did years ago.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:36 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Waiting for the Ovechkin trade demand rumors to start leaking. Might take one more postseason failure and bad regular season for him...

Certainly not a lot of positive vibes going around...
ovechkin has had 0 postseason fails

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
If you don't win the cup everything about your team is a failure apparently.

Wonder how soon Giroux is getting traded.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:05 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Neo GM as he knows there's a lockout coming. Saving money. Why pay a coach for nothing?
Spot on.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:52 PM
hb11xchamps

If Mark French becomes the coach, McPhee is a joke. French can't even handle AHL prima donnas how is he going to handle NHL superstars. I really like Eakins. His team is currently in the Western Conference Final in the AHL and the defense and goaltending numbers his team had this year were incredible. I remember reading somewhere that his team gave up the least amount of goals, goalies had the best GAA, and had the best PK % at 88.1%

hb11xchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Friendly suggestion

I am a leafs fan and I know I'm going to get major flamed for this but, with hunter stepping down today I was wondering how do capitals fans feel about Ron Wilson coming in to coach? I know he has a terrible rep from toronto but he is still a very good coach and Burke said himself at the press conference where Wilson was fired that Wilson wanted and was better suited for a team that is all offence all the time, and I believe that is when the caps are at their best when they are lighting up the scoreboard (e.g the first 2 seasons boudrou was with you guys). Also he has coached the caps before so there is some history there.

Please don't flame bad it was just a suggestion I got when Wilson stated he wanted a team that was all about offence and fast paced hockey and the capitals came to mind when I thought of a team like that.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Carlzner

I feel like he's an awful coach.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:44 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
I am a leafs fan and I know I'm going to get major flamed for this but, with hunter stepping down today I was wondering how do capitals fans feel about Ron Wilson coming in to coach? I know he has a terrible rep from toronto but he is still a very good coach and Burke said himself at the press conference where Wilson was fired that Wilson wanted and was better suited for a team that is all offence all the time, and I believe that is when the caps are at their best when they are lighting up the scoreboard (e.g the first 2 seasons boudrou was with you guys). Also he has coached the caps before so there is some history there.

Please don't flame bad it was just a suggestion I got when Wilson stated he wanted a team that was all about offence and fast paced hockey and the capitals came to mind when I thought of a team like that.
you do know he coached the Capitals from 1997-2002 right?

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:44 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
London traps currently and Wideman said it really wasn't much different from what he did years ago.
That's the first I heard of it, of course when Dale is gone. I had heard a player say recently that Carlson and Wideman adjusted to our system sooner than others.

But how in the world did Wideman rack up all those points? Maybe its the extremes.... turtling up in London only up 3 goals lets say.

I think the tight game style we ran this year would keep top offensive prospects far away from London.

And maybe some fans. At least I get the vibe here, fans are bored.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:06 AM
txpd

ohl hunterhockey chokes offense and has often a clear offensive skill advantage. more goals in transition. its not a parity league. nhl hunterhockey strangles offense and all advantages are narrow because its a parity league.

its the difference between high school prep school basketball and the nba

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:08 AM
txpd

ron wilson's coaching of team usa in the past olympics showed me he is an outstanding coach. that doesnt mean he should be the caps coach. it does mean he will get another good nhl coaching job in the future.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:19 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
I bet if you asked him, they were all failures. He has his eye on the prize and it's not just him putting up points. Team results are all that matter.

Old
05-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
ohl hunterhockey chokes offense and has often a clear offensive skill advantage. more goals in transition. its not a parity league. nhl hunterhockey strangles offense and all advantages are narrow because its a parity league.

its the difference between high school prep school basketball and the nba
Yeah, I'm not sure why that's hard for RH to see. I'm sure a system whose offense is driven by counter-attacks in transition would be pretty much absolutely deadly with the built-in talent advantage London seems to have often.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
ron wilson's coaching of team usa in the past olympics showed me he is an outstanding coach. that doesnt mean he should be the caps coach. it does mean he will get another good nhl coaching job in the future.
I'm sorry, but that team was every coach's wet dream. Even moreso than Canada.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:31 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Okay. I've now had more time to think about it.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote