HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC vs NBC Feed

Old
05-08-2012, 12:28 AM
rangers5000

vCash: 500
CBC vs NBC Feed

This is a 2 part question

1 which feed are you watching

2 which feed is better

as a ranger fan i was split on this, but i have watched every game this playoffs on cbc

i like how nbc jacks up the mic and sounds louder, but overall i think cbc is more insightful, announcing is less annoying, and don cherry

plus there opening montages are still the best

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Henrik4Hart

Just Saw the Richards and Staal goals from the CBC feed, the Camera Angles of the Garden are much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pO9a...feature=relmfu - Richards Goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBIez_q_1dQ - OT Goal

Henrik4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:33 AM
rangers5000

just watched nbc's overtime call, not as good as cbc's

after rewatching both cbc calls (so excited watching it live i missed out of some shots) i think cbc does a better job after the goals to shutup and capture the atmosphere

after both goals there barely said anything, and when they did it was very simple, they let the garden and players speak for themselves

nbc cut right away to the marc staal interview

i really hope if the rangers do make it and they release a blu ray or dvd showcasing the best moments/games they include both cbc calls uncut

Old
05-08-2012, 01:36 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
I personally love how CBC always pans to a team's owner or GM's reactions after a big play.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Victory*
We're Still In It

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
I personally love how CBC always pans to a team's owner or GM's reactions after a big play.
This. CBC does everything perfectly. Sucks we don't have it here in the US. Anyone know if there's a way to get CBC in America?

Victory* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:55 AM
rangers5000

i just pray that if we do win the cup that they use cbc feeds on the blu ray 2012 doc that they release every year

plus last year bruins got both the blu ray and a dvd box set of several complete games, anybody know what feed they used?

Old
05-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Calad
Section 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
just watched nbc's overtime call, not as good as cbc's

after rewatching both cbc calls (so excited watching it live i missed out of some shots) i think cbc does a better job after the goals to shutup and capture the atmosphere

after both goals there barely said anything, and when they did it was very simple, they let the garden and players speak for themselves

nbc cut right away to the marc staal interview

i really hope if the rangers do make it and they release a blu ray or dvd showcasing the best moments/games they include both cbc calls uncut
After being at the game, then watching both the feeds for comparison. The CBC feed really makes your feel like you are there. It really captures the moment

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory View Post
This. CBC does everything perfectly. Sucks we don't have it here in the US. Anyone know if there's a way to get CBC in America?
Live near the border with Canada.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Deric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory View Post
On ps3 you can choose your feed, but Idk if that's only the next day with blackouts and such.
I usually watch the American feed for the familiar voices.

Deric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Graves94

Living in Montreal, I watch the CBC feed, and during this series it has been great, especially last night. I think this is because Howson and Simpson are broadcasting the games and not Cole and Galley like last series against Ottawa (Cole is terrible). However, I prefer CBC to NBC because I just can't take Emrick's constant dramatization on every single play, although I really like Olczyk's analysis.
I thought Emrick's call on the tying goal last night was weak...I guess he still has some NJ in him...

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:15 AM
DeadPuck

They both suck in their own special way.

DeadPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:44 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

I can provide you guys with full CBC broadcasts if you want.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:57 AM
bumrusherer

NBC broadcast seems a little more lively. CBC are probably more descriptive during the game.

I dont think one is better than the other though. Sometimes, I mute the sound and have the radio feed while watching the game.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:13 AM
mullichicken25

I've never seen or heard a second of the CBC braodcast

However, based purely on the fact that it is literally impossible to be worse than the gongshow on NBC, i'm going to cast my vote for CBC

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
They had a camera in Banff?

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:24 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

CBC always has the levels on the mics turned down way too low. I understand the Garden is an exceptionally loud arena due to the low ceiling but c'mon! I do like CBCs graphics more as well.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:27 AM
irishlaxburger2

I was in Montreal for Game 1, so caught the CBC feed for that. My thoughts...

- In terms of pure play by play, Hughson is just so much better than Emrick. I like Doc for non-Ranger games because he can make any game entertaining. His style is a bit over-the-top and obnoxious at times though. Literally gives me heart attacks when he does Ranger games. Hughson, on the other hand, is just your classic play by play guy. Rarely makes mistakes. Knows the game. Steady. Solid.

- CBC's hockey analysis is just ten times deeper than NBC's. After watching CBC break down a game, going back and watching NBC makes me feel like I'm watching "hockey for dummies".

- Don Cherry is entertaining during intermissions.

- NBC probably gets the edge in production value (sound, graphics, etc). You can tell they put more money into their production. Their only real advantage, in my opinion.

Give me CBC any day of the week.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
I was in Montreal for Game 1, so caught the CBC feed for that. My thoughts...

- In terms of pure play by play, Hughson is just so much better than Emrick. I like Doc for non-Ranger games because he can make any game entertaining. His style is a bit over-the-top and obnoxious at times though. Literally gives me heart attacks when he does Ranger games. Hughson, on the other hand, is just your classic play by play guy. Rarely makes mistakes. Knows the game. Steady. Solid.

- CBC's hockey analysis is just ten times deeper than NBC's. After watching CBC break down a game, going back and watching NBC makes me feel like I'm watching "hockey for dummies".

- Don Cherry is entertaining during intermissions.

- NBC probably gets the edge in production value (sound, graphics, etc). You can tell they put more money into their production. Their only real advantage, in my opinion.

Give me CBC any day of the week.
Basically agree with most everything you say. Jim Hughson is spectacular, the best play by play in the business. I could listen to him doing play by play of a rodeo and it would still make me think of a Sedin on a breakaway.

CBC analysis blows away NBC, but I do think if Keith Jones and Mike Milbury can develop the same kind of chemistry Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley have on TNT, they could be something special. Jones needs to challenge Milbury more like Smith does to Barkley.

You think Don Cherry is a plus, I think he's a minus,however. He is entertaining, but he's always pushing an agenda and sees things just one way. He could also use someone to challenge some of the buffoonery that comes out of his mouth. I do like his tributes to Canadian servicemen, though. Very heartfelt.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:50 AM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

vCash: 50
I'd have to give the edge to the CBC mostly because I like Hughson and dislike Doc.

I think Doc is terrible his voice is irritating and the fact that it seems like he has 4 different words to describe each play of the game is just annoying (plus I'm running out of Jack Daniels for the Doc drinking game) along with the constant reminders that MSG has expensive seats make me mute the TV and listen to the radio.

And it seems like Hughson is able to make himself less biased against a team which is a plus.

NYR2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:56 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

I find it amusing that during the postgame show (for the Yotes/Preds game that followed our game on the same channel) they showed the NBC broadcast but used audio from the Rangers radio feed with Kenny Albert.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPuck View Post
They both suck in their own special way.
This.

Someone needs to hire Gary Thorne to do hockey.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
You think Don Cherry is a plus, I think he's a minus,however. He is entertaining, but he's always pushing an agenda and sees things just one way. He could also use someone to challenge some of the buffoonery that comes out of his mouth. I do like his tributes to Canadian servicemen, though. Very heartfelt.
I think with Cherry, you just need to take him for what he is. You laugh at his suits and you laugh at him being an absolute buffoon. It's like "send in the clowns" during CBC intermissions, which I find entertaining. Perhaps if I saw him regularly my opinion would change, but I'll take him over Milbury any day.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:08 AM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
This.

Someone needs to hire Gary Thorne to do hockey.
ESPN has him.

They just don't have the NHL anymore

Old
05-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
ESPN has him.

Thank goodness...

Old
05-08-2012, 09:32 AM
mschmidt64

Quote:
ESPN has him.

He can work for two networks, can't he? Kenny Albert works for Fox and MSG, for example.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote