HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Scoring leaders so far

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2012, 03:08 PM
  #1
SkilledViking
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oslo
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Scoring leaders so far

1 MALKIN Yevgeni 11 RUS F 6 7 6 13 4 +11
2 THORESEN Patrick 41 NOR F 6 5 7 12 2 +5
3 ERIKSSON Loui 21 SWE F 6 3 7 10 2 +4
4 PACIORETTY Max 67 USA F 6 2 8 10 0 +3
5 ZETTERBERG Henrik 40 SWE F 6 1 9 10 4 +2
6 SKRODER Per-Age 19 NOR F 6 3 6 9 2 +6
7 GOGULLA Philip 87 GER F 6 2 7 9 4 +2
8 KEITH Duncan 2 CAN D 6 1 8 9 0 +7
9 TAVARES John 20 CAN F 6 4 4 8 8 +5
10 EBERLE Jordan 14 CAN F 6 4 3 7 0 +5

So what do you guys think? Which players has overachieved and which ones has underachieved?

SkilledViking is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:15 PM
  #2
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,976
vCash: 500
Datsyuk and Granlund are underachieving offensively so far. I didn't see all their games, but that's what people say.

Tavares is great as always, kudos to him.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:17 PM
  #3
SH15
Registered User
 
SH15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
While the stats are fun to look at, I have never taken seriously Group stage scoring leaders. There are just too many weak sisters in the tournament. For example at one point Patrick Sharp looked impressive with 5 pts, until you realized all 5 came against France and he had none in the other games.

But it is fun to look at. No surprise Malkin is on top being the best player in the tournament.

SH15 is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:21 PM
  #4
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,495
vCash: 500
Sweden would like to see some more goals from Alfie in the playoff rounds. Zetterberg can certainly scored more by himself aswell but he's setting up most of the plays for his line, and has been our best forward by a mile.

Thoresen 12p in 6 games is obviously 'overachieving' a bit, but it's all due to the Germany game.

I have little doubt that Malkin will win the scoring race.

joe89 is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:29 PM
  #5
SkilledViking
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oslo
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
I agree with the Thoresen-part. 6 of his 12 points came from the Germany game. He was of to a very slow start I think in the first couple of matches , but has stepped up his game in the last few games. But he is still a very good player.

I have not had the chance to see to many games other than the Norway games. So I was just wondering if anybody else had seen something I missed

SkilledViking is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:33 PM
  #6
Polansky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledViking View Post
I agree with the Thoresen-part. 6 of his 12 points came from the Germany game. He was of to a very slow start I think in the first couple of matches , but has stepped up his game in the last few games. But he is still a very good player.

I have not had the chance to see to many games other than the Norway games. So I was just wondering if anybody else had seen something I missed
6 points in 5 other games is still pretty good for Thoresen, look at some of the names that have not been over a PPG. And that is including all games for them, not cherry-picking certain games.

Polansky is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
  #7
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledViking View Post
I agree with the Thoresen-part. 6 of his 12 points came from the Germany game. He was of to a very slow start I think in the first couple of matches , but has stepped up his game in the last few games. But he is still a very good player.

I have not had the chance to see to many games other than the Norway games. So I was just wondering if anybody else had seen something I missed
Nja I dnt agree with u. Thoresen crushed the germans spirit. He scored his first goal after 20 sec or something. Number two came after a min. He rly looked great out there and did what we norwegians hoped for And overachieving? During the olympics he ended up with 5 assist in four games. In wc 2010 he were the overall topscorer after the first 3 games.

But hey I got ur point. 6 points in one game is just crazy and it had to do with the germans sloppy defense. Still Thoresen scored the most important goals (number 1 and number 2) and gave us a great start!

TollefsenFan is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:42 PM
  #8
SkilledViking
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oslo
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Nja I dnt agree with u. Thoresen crushed the germans spirit. He scored his first goal after 20 sec or something. Number two came after a min. He rly looked great out there and did what we norwegians hoped for And overachieving? During the olympics he ended up with 5 assist in four games. In wc 2010 he were the overall topscorer after the first 3 games.

But hey I got ur point. 6 points in one game is just crazy and it had to do with the germans sloppy defense. Still Thoresen scored the most important goals (number 1 and number 2) and gave us a great start!
Of course. Thoresen was a huge contributor to our victory on sunday, no doubt about that

He is after all a star in the KHL so of course he has qualities, but I have to admit that 6 points in one single game is pretty much even for him

SkilledViking is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
  #9
SH15
Registered User
 
SH15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
For Team Canada Tavares & Skinner have been dynamic and incredibly fun to watch. I loved them with Sharp before that line was split up. John Tavares is slowly becoming (in my eyes) one of the most complete players in the world. He does everything well.

Eberle is always clutch when he pulls his country's jersey on. Keith racking up the points from the back end has been great to see.

On the downside, I expected a bit more from Perry & Getzlaf being Olympic veterans. But they haven't necessarily played badly. Some juggling with the other winger has hopefully woken them up. Evander Kane has looked great with them and is relentless in the offensive zone. Incredibly strong on the puck. Still lots of time and of course the most important games are still to come, so we will see what develops from here!

With the additions the Russians have made they will be near impossible to beat. Selfishly hoping for a Canada vs Russia final so we can give it a shot!

SH15 is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:50 PM
  #10
FinHockey
Sex Metal Barbie
 
FinHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,940
vCash: 50
Rank Name No Team Pos GP G A PTS PIM +/-
1 MALKIN Yevgeni 11 RUS F 7 7 7 14 4 +13
2 THORESEN Patrick 41 NOR F 6 5 7 12 2 +5
3 ERIKSSON Loui 21 SWE F 6 3 7 10 2 +4
4 PACIORETTY Max 67 USA F 6 2 8 10 0 +3
5 ZETTERBERG Henrik 40 SWE F 6 1 9 10 4 +2
6 FILPPULA Valtteri 51 FIN F 7 4 5 9 6 +2
7 SKRODER Per-Age 19 NOR F 6 3 6 9 2 +6
8 GOGULLA Philip 87 GER F 6 2 7 9 4 +2
9 KEITH Duncan 2 CAN D 6 1 8 9 0 +7
10 TAVARES John 20 CAN F 6 4 4 8 8 +5

FinHockey is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:50 PM
  #11
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Granlund is so overrated its incredible.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 03:55 PM
  #12
SkilledViking
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oslo
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH15 View Post
For Team Canada Tavares & Skinner have been dynamic and incredibly fun to watch. I loved them with Sharp before that line was split up. John Tavares is slowly becoming (in my eyes) one of the most complete players in the world. He does everything well.

Eberle is always clutch when he pulls his country's jersey on. Keith racking up the points from the back end has been great to see.

On the downside, I expected a bit more from Perry & Getzlaf being Olympic veterans. But they haven't necessarily played badly. Some juggling with the other winger has hopefully woken them up. Evander Kane has looked great with them and is relentless in the offensive zone. Incredibly strong on the puck. Still lots of time and of course the most important games are still to come, so we will see what develops from here!

With the additions the Russians have made they will be near impossible to beat. Selfishly hoping for a Canada vs Russia final so we can give it a shot!
Gotta love Eberle! An incredibly talented player Always admired you canadians and youre hockeyculture. Played in a tournament with my team in Toronto, and when we played in the final it was a huge crowd and the rink was full of people that PAYED (!) to watch us play! Unbelievable for a young norwegian that is used to maybe 20 spectators and all are parents of the players

SkilledViking is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 06:24 PM
  #13
Harikkerk
Registered User
 
Harikkerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Granlund is so overrated its incredible.
Hopefully not in the future, he's like the biggest hope for the Finns atm.

He got a future in the NHL but no, he will not become any NHL superstar, he may become a decent player, but that's it.

Harikkerk is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 07:32 PM
  #14
FormerBruinsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Justin Faulk has been awesome...people will start realizing how good he is soon...beyond him, I have been very impressed with Tavares, Kane and Loui Eriksson

FormerBruinsFan is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 07:36 PM
  #15
Hanji
Registered User
 
Hanji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
Justin Faulk has been awesome...people will start realizing how good he is soon...beyond him, I have been very impressed with Tavares, Kane and Loui Eriksson
Quoted for truth. Faulk has been great.

Hanji is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
  #16
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Granlund is so overrated its incredible.
Why? Because he hasn't done a zorro move in this year's wc?

He is still a young guy and trying to adjust to the men's game. Next season he will be in North America so you will see what he is all about.

And while he does represent one of the best and the brightest that Finland has to offer atm, there are a boatload of others that are not that far off.

ThinMcWhistle is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 08:05 PM
  #17
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,587
vCash: 50
I wonder how many goals Stamkos would have had by now.

lakai17 is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 08:17 PM
  #18
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I wonder how many goals Stamkos would have had by now.
I would guess around 10 or so? Man, can that guy put them in the net.

ThinMcWhistle is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 09:03 PM
  #19
Password
Registered User
 
Password's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
I've noticed that Malkin should have one more assist (vs the czechs yesterday). Also Koivu should have one more assist but they gave it to Jokinen instead. And i'm sure tey have missed more than that.. Such a shame IIHF!

Password is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 09:11 PM
  #20
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 26,243
vCash: 500
And Eriksson's only been mentioned once...

LatvianTwist is online now  
Old
05-14-2012, 09:45 PM
  #21
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
And Eriksson's only been mentioned once...
in trade rumors to Detroit!

Guru Meditation is online now  
Old
05-14-2012, 10:26 PM
  #22
Joey Banana
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country:
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Well, Gogulla is pretty impressive with 9 points out of 13 total goals. So far he is outplaying M.Goc. Hell, even Hecht was never that good.

Joey Banana is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 11:31 PM
  #23
Temego
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Granlund is so overrated its incredible.
I really hope you're not basing your opinion on this tournament only. Granlund's last 3 or so games have been the worst I've ever seen by him. By far. It's pretty obvious that he still has conditioning issues or something.

Temego is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 11:51 PM
  #24
BobbyShehan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: Zambia
Posts: 464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
And Eriksson's only been mentioned once...
Max Pax??? NOT ONCE.

BobbyShehan is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 12:30 AM
  #25
BobDobolina
Registered User
 
BobDobolina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Granlund is so overrated its incredible.
I agree, the guy is small and slow as molasses. Someone hire him a skating coach.

BobDobolina is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.