HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2012, 12:18 PM
  #226
Kiss My Rask
VGHC
 
Kiss My Rask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Peabody, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,620
vCash: 500
^ absolutely. Would love to see him at camp

Kiss My Rask is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 12:46 PM
  #227
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
Ryan Spooner tweeted to Kirk that he's up to 5'11 now after a recent physical. Last I read he was 5'9.5
hmmm....saw Spooner in Providence and thought there is no way he is 5'9" looks more like 6' but didn't want to rile up the height police

DKH is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 12:48 PM
  #228
Shaun
All Aboard
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,901
vCash: 500
Douglas Flynn ‏@douglasflynn
Asked Chiarelli about Khokhlachev's status next year in regard to staying in North America, confirmed only that he'd be at development camp.

Shaun is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 02:07 PM
  #229
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 13,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
hmmm....saw Spooner in Providence and thought there is no way he is 5'9" looks more like 6' but didn't want to rile up the height police
Tell me about it

When I saw spoons play he was at least 5 11 without skates, I'm 510 and know how high I am with my bauers on and he was at the very least that tall

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 02:10 PM
  #230
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Tell me about it

When I saw spoons play he was at least 5 11 without skates, I'm 510 and know how high I am with my bauers on and he was at the very least that tall
There's no way you're 5'10, more like 5'9 31/64"



patty59 is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 02:11 PM
  #231
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Tell me about it

When I saw spoons play he was at least 5 11 without skates, I'm 510 and know how high I am with my bauers on and he was at the very least that tall
Does he still look 12 years old? That kid is in serious need of a playoff beard, if he can grow one. My girl thought they invited some kids from the stands onto the ice during development camp last year.

An aside; Somebody mentioned Spooner's off-ice personality being a reason to dangle him to other teams. Anybody have any info on that? I know a lot of the juniors players have swagger and egos, but is there anything that makes Spooner a particularly obnoxious kid?

nycbruins* is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
  #232
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 13,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Does he still look 12 years old? That kid is in serious need of a playoff beard, if he can grow one. My girl thought they invited some kids from the stands onto the ice during development camp last year.

An aside; Somebody mentioned Spooner's off-ice personality being a reason to dangle him to other teams. Anybody have any info on that? I know a lot of the juniors players have swagger and egos, but is there anything that makes Spooner a particularly obnoxious kid?
Well this was before the cup last year and I know for a fact he's aged and put on weight since then

As far as his attitude, all I can say is all teenage male hockey players with talent are going to have an ego to some degree and get outa line here and there, but he's great friends with knight who is the epitome of hard work and leadership so I wouldn't worry too much

Dom is a better cat to ask though

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 02:51 PM
  #233
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Does he still look 12 years old? That kid is in serious need of a playoff beard, if he can grow one. My girl thought they invited some kids from the stands onto the ice during development camp last year.

An aside; Somebody mentioned Spooner's off-ice personality being a reason to dangle him to other teams. Anybody have any info on that? I know a lot of the juniors players have swagger and egos, but is there anything that makes Spooner a particularly obnoxious kid?
Spooner obnoxious...umm, how about shy (which may make one think he may have an attitude but that is a reach; I know I've had friends who have been labelled that and they are just introverted and super shy but as nice as they come). You want obnoxious, swagger, and ego- lets have an HF get together.

He's very tight with Knight and I can tell you from what I know of him, and the couple times I met his parents, I find it hard to believe he has any issues. Wow. I never heard of that; now Hamilton there has been things written but never heard of Spooner and since I think I have a better idea than most on him its completely false.

DKH is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 02:56 PM
  #234
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Spooner obnoxious...umm, how about shy (which may make one think he may have an attitude but that is a reach; I know I've had friends who have been labelled that and they are just introverted and super shy but as nice as they come). You want obnoxious, swagger, and ego- lets have an HF get together.

He's very tight with Knight and I can tell you from what I know of him, and the couple times I met his parents, I find it hard to believe he has any issues. Wow. I never heard of that; now Hamilton there has been things written but never heard of Spooner and since I think I have a better idea than most on him its completely false.
What I assumed and good to know. Most of my friends, and myself, are also considered jerks. I might be, but I know most of my friends are good people.

nycbruins* is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 03:00 PM
  #235
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
What I assumed and good to know. Most of my friends, and myself, are also considered jerks. I might be, but I know most of my friends are good people.
If your friends are good people my money is you are to; usually how it works.

DKH is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
  #236
Shaun
All Aboard
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Spooner obnoxious...umm, how about shy (which may make one think he may have an attitude but that is a reach; I know I've had friends who have been labelled that and they are just introverted and super shy but as nice as they come). You want obnoxious, swagger, and ego- lets have an HF get together.

He's very tight with Knight and I can tell you from what I know of him, and the couple times I met his parents, I find it hard to believe he has any issues. Wow. I never heard of that; now Hamilton there has been things written but never heard of Spooner and since I think I have a better idea than most on him its completely false.
Is this what Kirk was talking about when he wrote this?

Quote:
Dougie Hamilton seems too low at 10, but we have heard some things through the grapevine that could lend to his falling off a bit. How he does at the draft combine in terms of his testing and interviews will be important for him.
http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot...ew-top-30.html

Shaun is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
  #237
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
I have known Spooner since he was a Novice aged hockey player and he is definitely not obnoxious. As he has grown older he has gotten more confident in his abilities but for the most part is a normal 20 year old. He does not even celebrate goals when he scores, just skates to the centre ice face-off.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 04:39 PM
  #238
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,369
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
FWIW

There are no attitude, ego, character or off ice issues with Spooner.

Some were unhappy with his trade demand from Peterborough. And he stuck through a worse situation in Kingston and played his heart out quietly without a shred of evidence that he wanted out which goes to show that, not only because of his improved game, he's a team first kind of guy.

Non - issue

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 05:51 PM
  #239
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 22,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Is this what Kirk was talking about when he wrote this?



http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot...ew-top-30.html
Yes.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 05:58 PM
  #240
Shaun
All Aboard
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Yes.
I don't see what the problem is if he has some swagger and is a little cocky.

Shaun is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 06:54 PM
  #241
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I don't see what the problem is if he has some swagger and is a little cocky.
Me either, you'll be hard pressed to find any top prospects that aren't a little cocky or have a chip on their shoulder. It's not really anything to be alarmed about IMO, once he gets to Boston he won't be the big fish anymore and that confidence he has will be good.

patty59 is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 03:12 AM
  #242
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
HC Spartak Moscow ‏@spartak_hc

Alexander Khokhlachev can go back to #KHL @Spartak_HC after training camp w/ #NHL @NHLBruins said GM Igor Khokhlachev. #OHL @GO_SPITS_GO
https://twitter.com/#!/spartak_hc

vorky is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 03:17 AM
  #243
kman22
Registered User
 
kman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
The way that's worded, it sounds like he's just stating that it's a possibility. He'll go to training camp, and he CAN go to the KHL after that. I'd take that as good news if he's coming to training camp.

kman22 is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 09:35 AM
  #244
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
The way that's worded, it sounds like he's just stating that it's a possibility. He'll go to training camp, and he CAN go to the KHL after that. I'd take that as good news if he's coming to training camp.
I'm not as concerned with him going to the KHL (if that's what happens) now that he's coming to camp. Him coming to camp shows that he's not simply making decisions without discussing them with the Bruins organization.

WreckItRask is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
  #245
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
According to OOG Windsor's GM says Koko is headed to KHL.

patty59 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 09:09 PM
  #246
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,369
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Windsor Spitfires confirm what most already new: Koko to KHL confirmed for next season. They'll be using their import pick in Wednesdays draft - something they couldn't do if Koko returned.

I'm not worried. Think he'll be back when he's ready for the NHL - 2 seasons away.

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 09:23 PM
  #247
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
FWIW

There are no attitude, ego, character or off ice issues with Spooner.

Some were unhappy with his trade demand from Peterborough. And he stuck through a worse situation in Kingston and played his heart out quietly without a shred of evidence that he wanted out which goes to show that, not only because of his improved game, he's a team first kind of guy.

Non - issue
I remember who it was that said Spooner was the one the Bruins could dangle in a trade. We all like that poster that is for sure.

If there was/is any issues I expect the Bruins to work with any of these young men coming up. Where it be on their own or with outside help.

If the NHL teams expect these young men to be dedicated on and off the ice then I hold the teams to the same demands they ask.

Rookie Chargers is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 09:49 PM
  #248
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Windsor Spitfires confirm what most already new: Koko to KHL confirmed for next season. They'll be using their import pick in Wednesdays draft - something they couldn't do if Koko returned.

I'm not worried. Think he'll be back when he's ready for the NHL - 2 seasons away.
I'm skeptical he ever comes to the NHL. He'll be making big money in the KHL and it's a different game over there. He's not going to want to play in the AHL and earn his spot and depending on the cash he's getting probably won't want to make 600K a year. I don't hold it against him, but I think it's the reality of the situation. He'd have a much better shot at the NHL if he stayed then went to the AHL and got call ups here and there. He won't get that in the KHL.

Time will tell, but I'm not expecting anything.

patty59 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
  #249
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 13,058
vCash: 500
If he proves to be a offensively effective player against men though we still retain his NHL rights, so we could offer him a nice contract if the need arose for a goal scoring wing, down the road. Not a bad weapon to have, especially around the trade deadline if someone era injured. Bring him over for playoff help

Just hope he doesn't break curfew

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 09:55 PM
  #250
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
If he proves to be a offensively effective player against men though we still retain his NHL rights, so we could offer him a nice contract if the need arose for a goal scoring wing, down the road. Not a bad weapon to have, especially around the trade deadline if someone era injured. Bring him over for playoff help

Just hope he doesn't break curfew
That pretty much never works out.

patty59 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.