HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

vCash: 500
^ absolutely. Would love to see him at camp

Old
06-18-2012, 12:46 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
Ryan Spooner tweeted to Kirk that he's up to 5'11 now after a recent physical. Last I read he was 5'9.5
hmmm....saw Spooner in Providence and thought there is no way he is 5'9" looks more like 6' but didn't want to rile up the height police

Old
06-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Douglas Flynn ‏@douglasflynn
Asked Chiarelli about Khokhlachev's status next year in regard to staying in North America, confirmed only that he'd be at development camp.

Old
06-18-2012, 02:07 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
hmmm....saw Spooner in Providence and thought there is no way he is 5'9" looks more like 6' but didn't want to rile up the height police
Tell me about it

When I saw spoons play he was at least 5 11 without skates, I'm 510 and know how high I am with my bauers on and he was at the very least that tall

Old
06-18-2012, 02:10 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Tell me about it

When I saw spoons play he was at least 5 11 without skates, I'm 510 and know how high I am with my bauers on and he was at the very least that tall
There's no way you're 5'10, more like 5'9 31/64"

Old
06-18-2012, 02:11 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Tell me about it

Does he still look 12 years old? That kid is in serious need of a playoff beard, if he can grow one. My girl thought they invited some kids from the stands onto the ice during development camp last year.

An aside; Somebody mentioned Spooner's off-ice personality being a reason to dangle him to other teams. Anybody have any info on that? I know a lot of the juniors players have swagger and egos, but is there anything that makes Spooner a particularly obnoxious kid?

Old
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Does he still look 12 years old? That kid is in serious need of a playoff beard, if he can grow one. My girl thought they invited some kids from the stands onto the ice during development camp last year.

An aside; Somebody mentioned Spooner's off-ice personality being a reason to dangle him to other teams. Anybody have any info on that? I know a lot of the juniors players have swagger and egos, but is there anything that makes Spooner a particularly obnoxious kid?
Well this was before the cup last year and I know for a fact he's aged and put on weight since then

As far as his attitude, all I can say is all teenage male hockey players with talent are going to have an ego to some degree and get outa line here and there, but he's great friends with knight who is the epitome of hard work and leadership so I wouldn't worry too much

Dom is a better cat to ask though

Old
06-18-2012, 02:51 PM
DKH

Quote:

Spooner obnoxious...umm, how about shy (which may make one think he may have an attitude but that is a reach; I know I've had friends who have been labelled that and they are just introverted and super shy but as nice as they come). You want obnoxious, swagger, and ego- lets have an HF get together.

He's very tight with Knight and I can tell you from what I know of him, and the couple times I met his parents, I find it hard to believe he has any issues. Wow. I never heard of that; now Hamilton there has been things written but never heard of Spooner and since I think I have a better idea than most on him its completely false.

Old
06-18-2012, 02:56 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Spooner obnoxious...umm, how about shy (which may make one think he may have an attitude but that is a reach; I know I've had friends who have been labelled that and they are just introverted and super shy but as nice as they come). You want obnoxious, swagger, and ego- lets have an HF get together.

He's very tight with Knight and I can tell you from what I know of him, and the couple times I met his parents, I find it hard to believe he has any issues. Wow. I never heard of that; now Hamilton there has been things written but never heard of Spooner and since I think I have a better idea than most on him its completely false.
What I assumed and good to know. Most of my friends, and myself, are also considered jerks. I might be, but I know most of my friends are good people.

Old
06-18-2012, 03:00 PM
DKH

Quote:
What I assumed and good to know. Most of my friends, and myself, are also considered jerks. I might be, but I know most of my friends are good people.
If your friends are good people my money is you are to; usually how it works.

Old
06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Quote:

Is this what Kirk was talking about when he wrote this?

Quote:
Dougie Hamilton seems too low at 10, but we have heard some things through the grapevine that could lend to his falling off a bit. How he does at the draft combine in terms of his testing and interviews will be important for him.
http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot...ew-top-30.html

Old
06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Ottawa Guy

I have known Spooner since he was a Novice aged hockey player and he is definitely not obnoxious. As he has grown older he has gotten more confident in his abilities but for the most part is a normal 20 year old. He does not even celebrate goals when he scores, just skates to the centre ice face-off.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
FWIW

There are no attitude, ego, character or off ice issues with Spooner.

Some were unhappy with his trade demand from Peterborough. And he stuck through a worse situation in Kingston and played his heart out quietly without a shred of evidence that he wanted out which goes to show that, not only because of his improved game, he's a team first kind of guy.

Non - issue

Old
06-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Is this what Kirk was talking about when he wrote this?

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot...ew-top-30.html
Yes.

I am Boston Strong

Old
06-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Yes.
I don't see what the problem is if he has some swagger and is a little cocky.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:54 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I don't see what the problem is if he has some swagger and is a little cocky.
Me either, you'll be hard pressed to find any top prospects that aren't a little cocky or have a chip on their shoulder. It's not really anything to be alarmed about IMO, once he gets to Boston he won't be the big fish anymore and that confidence he has will be good.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:12 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
HC Spartak Moscow ‏@spartak_hc

Alexander Khokhlachev can go back to #KHL @Spartak_HC after training camp w/ #NHL @NHLBruins said GM Igor Khokhlachev. #OHL @GO_SPITS_GO
https://twitter.com/#!/spartak_hc

Old
06-19-2012, 03:17 AM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
The way that's worded, it sounds like he's just stating that it's a possibility. He'll go to training camp, and he CAN go to the KHL after that. I'd take that as good news if he's coming to training camp.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:35 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
The way that's worded, it sounds like he's just stating that it's a possibility. He'll go to training camp, and he CAN go to the KHL after that. I'd take that as good news if he's coming to training camp.
I'm not as concerned with him going to the KHL (if that's what happens) now that he's coming to camp. Him coming to camp shows that he's not simply making decisions without discussing them with the Bruins organization.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
patty59

According to OOG Windsor's GM says Koko is headed to KHL.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Windsor Spitfires confirm what most already new: Koko to KHL confirmed for next season. They'll be using their import pick in Wednesdays draft - something they couldn't do if Koko returned.

I'm not worried. Think he'll be back when he's ready for the NHL - 2 seasons away.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
FWIW

There are no attitude, ego, character or off ice issues with Spooner.

Some were unhappy with his trade demand from Peterborough. And he stuck through a worse situation in Kingston and played his heart out quietly without a shred of evidence that he wanted out which goes to show that, not only because of his improved game, he's a team first kind of guy.

Non - issue
I remember who it was that said Spooner was the one the Bruins could dangle in a trade. We all like that poster that is for sure.

If there was/is any issues I expect the Bruins to work with any of these young men coming up. Where it be on their own or with outside help.

If the NHL teams expect these young men to be dedicated on and off the ice then I hold the teams to the same demands they ask.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:49 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Windsor Spitfires confirm what most already new: Koko to KHL confirmed for next season. They'll be using their import pick in Wednesdays draft - something they couldn't do if Koko returned.

I'm not worried. Think he'll be back when he's ready for the NHL - 2 seasons away.
I'm skeptical he ever comes to the NHL. He'll be making big money in the KHL and it's a different game over there. He's not going to want to play in the AHL and earn his spot and depending on the cash he's getting probably won't want to make 600K a year. I don't hold it against him, but I think it's the reality of the situation. He'd have a much better shot at the NHL if he stayed then went to the AHL and got call ups here and there. He won't get that in the KHL.

Time will tell, but I'm not expecting anything.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

If he proves to be a offensively effective player against men though we still retain his NHL rights, so we could offer him a nice contract if the need arose for a goal scoring wing, down the road. Not a bad weapon to have, especially around the trade deadline if someone era injured. Bring him over for playoff help

Just hope he doesn't break curfew

Old
06-25-2012, 09:55 PM
patty59

Quote:
If he proves to be a offensively effective player against men though we still retain his NHL rights, so we could offer him a nice contract if the need arose for a goal scoring wing, down the road. Not a bad weapon to have, especially around the trade deadline if someone era injured. Bring him over for playoff help

Just hope he doesn't break curfew
That pretty much never works out.

Closed Thread