HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2012, 10:10 AM
  #526
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,889
vCash: 500
If the lockout lasts a whole season we may get a shot at one of the premier prospects in the 2013 draft if the league conducts it the way it did in 2005.

Ratty is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 10:31 AM
  #527
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
that said, the kid came snipe and I have never, ever seen him not impress me in person or on TV
He's been doing it since junior B where i got to see him plenty. Have always been impressed with his ability. All he needs to do is work on his skating

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 01:40 PM
  #528
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,311
vCash: 500
Camara and Griffith both scored in the first period of their respective games, only kids in the league with four goals.

bruinsfan46 is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 03:22 PM
  #529
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,563
vCash: 50
Griffith picks up his 2nd goal of the day

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:41 PM
  #530
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,953
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Griffith picks up his 2nd goal of the day
I'm not sure what the OHL all time record is- believe its no where near the WHL and certainly not the QMJHL that had Lemieux and LaFleur scoring in the 130's...but its I believe around 80 and Griffith believe it or not is on the right team and has the skills to go well over 50. I just hope whatever bothers the 30 team scouts that passed him the first time and caused him to go late in the this draft is improved. As Dom said his skating can be an area and if he ever was able to get quicker and allow him separation to get the shot off, and develop a nose for the high traffic areas then he's on his way- one is between the ears, the other certainly can be improved on by specific and repetitive drills. I don't doubt he knows this

DKH is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:48 PM
  #531
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'm not sure what the OHL all time record is- believe its no where near the WHL and certainly not the QMJHL that had Lemieux and LaFleur scoring in the 130's...but its I believe around 80 and Griffith believe it or not is on the right team and has the skills to go well over 50. I just hope whatever bothers the 30 team scouts that passed him the first time and caused him to go late in the this draft is improved. As Dom said his skating can be an area and if he ever was able to get quicker and allow him separation to get the shot off, and develop a nose for the high traffic areas then he's on his way- one is between the ears, the other certainly can be improved on by specific and repetitive drills. I don't doubt he knows this
87 - Ernie Godden Windsor Spitfires (1979-80)

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 06:55 PM
  #532
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
87 - Ernie Godden Windsor Spitfires (1979-80)
Claude Julien's teammate.

I wonder what happened with Godden. He was smaller, but that's a pretty incredible record to hold in an excellent league... To not do anything after that is curious.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 07:40 AM
  #533
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
If the lockout lasts a whole season we may get a shot at one of the premier prospects in the 2013 draft if the league conducts it the way it did in 2005.
Didn't they combine the previous 3 seasons final rankings? If so I wouldn't expect a top pick based on our last 3 seasons

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 08:07 AM
  #534
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Didn't they combine the previous 3 seasons final rankings? If so I wouldn't expect a top pick based on our last 3 seasons
It was conducted by lottery. Not sure what Pittsburgh's records were the prior three seasons but it won the lottery and selected Sid Crosby.

Ratty is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 08:11 AM
  #535
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
It was conducted by lottery. Not sure what Pittsburgh's records were the prior three seasons but it won the lottery and selected Sid Crosby.
Each team started with 3 balls. For every playoff they made in the last 4 years they lost a ball and for every No 1 pick they lost a ball, but no team could drop below 1 ball.

Off the top of my head, under these circumstances (if the season was lost) Leafs would be only team to have all 3 balls in the lottery.

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 09:22 AM
  #536
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post

Off the top of my head, under these circumstances (if the season was lost) Leafs would be only team to have all 3 balls in the lottery.
that's what they call serious truculence.

neelynugs is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 02:36 PM
  #537
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Söderberg just scored a hattrick in an 8-3 win against Växjö, it was AWESOME! So far this season Carl has scored six goals (+ 1 assist) in five games.

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
  #538
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,065
vCash: 500
London Knights Hockey Club (Official)
BIG Congrats go out to forward Seth Griffith who was name the OHL player of the week after scoring 5 goals and 1 assist in 2 games this past weekend.

Krishna is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 03:59 PM
  #539
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 22,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Söderberg just scored a hattrick in an 8-3 win against Växjö, it was AWESOME! So far this season Carl has scored six goals (+ 1 assist) in five games.
Are you torturing me on purpose?

Look, I have been one of Soderberg's biggest supporters in the face of a lot of crap, but even I have to admit I doubt we see him in Boston ever. I think he could be a good player in the NHL, but he has not been motivated to do so up to this point.

Even though the B's own his rights, not sure he should even be considered a prospect at this point?

He has broken me

Edit: Here is the link:

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/#/video.1859062587001

Soderberg (#17) scores at 1:30 on a really nice move and again at 1:54 with a great give and go play, where he draws the penalty, but still buries it as he is hauled down.

It's too bad this guy has no interest in playing here. If he puts up huge numbers this year in the SEL, maybe Chia will guarantee him a spot and we will find out if he was ever serious about coming over LOL.


Last edited by GloryDaze4877: 09-24-2012 at 04:13 PM.
GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 04:21 PM
  #540
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Each team started with 3 balls. For every playoff they made in the last 4 years they lost a ball and for every No 1 pick they lost a ball, but no team could drop below 1 ball.

Off the top of my head, under these circumstances (if the season was lost) Leafs would be only team to have all 3 balls in the lottery.
I think the Jets/Thrashers would also have 3 balls in the lottery.

Paradise is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 04:36 PM
  #541
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 22,972
vCash: 500
More Soderberg -

In a loss to Brynas on 9/22:

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien...43/highlights/

At 1:48, he wins the draw and then does what good players do, goes to the net, collects the rebound and finishes.


In a loss (OT I think) to Lulea on 9/20:

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien...43/highlights/

At 1:08 trying to get back on a broken play.

At 1:36 doing some dirty work in front for a goal.


Linkopings is 3-1-1 and Soderberg has 6g/1a totals in those 5 games and leads the SEL in scoring.

GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 04:44 PM
  #542
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
More Soderberg -

In a loss to Brynas on 9/22:

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien...43/highlights/

At 1:48, he wins the draw and then does what good players do, goes to the net, collects the rebound and finishes.


In a loss (OT I think) to Lulea on 9/20:

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien...43/highlights/

At 1:08 trying to get back on a broken play.

At 1:36 doing some dirty work in front for a goal.


Linkopings is 3-1-1 and Soderberg has 6g/1a totals in those 5 games and leads the SEL in scoring.
I heard he finally showed up in Boston only find the doors locked

patty59 is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
  #543
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I think the Jets/Thrashers would also have 3 balls in the lottery.
You are correct. Missed losing one by making the playoffs a year to early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
More Soderberg -

In a loss to Brynas on 9/22:

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien...43/highlights/

At 1:48, he wins the draw and then does what good players do, goes to the net, collects the rebound and finishes.


In a loss (OT I think) to Lulea on 9/20:

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien...43/highlights/

At 1:08 trying to get back on a broken play.

At 1:36 doing some dirty work in front for a goal.


Linkopings is 3-1-1 and Soderberg has 6g/1a totals in those 5 games and leads the SEL in scoring.
I thought I told you that he didn't come over this year because of the uncertainty with the CBA

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 07:08 PM
  #544
redsox7327
Registered User
 
redsox7327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Each team started with 3 balls. For every playoff they made in the last 4 years they lost a ball and for every No 1 pick they lost a ball, but no team could drop below 1 ball.

Off the top of my head, under these circumstances (if the season was lost) Leafs would be only team to have all 3 balls in the lottery.
I think just 3 years for playoffs.

From the prospects forum:

Quote:
The Draft Drawing, a weighted lottery system, was used to determine the order of selection for all seven rounds of the Entry Draft. Under the weighted lottery system, the clubs that neither qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs in each of the 2001-02, 2002-03 and 2003-04 seasons, nor were awarded the first overall selection in each of the 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 Entry Drafts, had the greatest chance of receiving the first overall selection, 6.3 per cent.
This seemed to be the consensus:

Quote:
TEAMS WITH THREE BALLS (7)
Calgary, Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, Minnesota, Toronto, Winnipeg

TEAMS WITH TWO BALLS (6)
Anaheim, Colorado, Florida, New York (I), St. Louis, Tampa Bay

TEAMS WITH ONE BALL (17)
Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey, New York (R), Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Vancouver, Washington

redsox7327 is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 08:03 PM
  #545
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
I thought I told you that he didn't come over this year because of the uncertainty with the CBA
Maybe he and Ovechkin could hook up.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 08:45 PM
  #546
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
You are correct. Missed losing one by making the playoffs a year to early?
Hopefully. We didn't really expect too much out of the team last year, just glad to have them back. This year (if they play) expectations will be higher. Hopefully our young core takes a positive step forward.

Paradise is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 08:50 PM
  #547
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 22,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
You are correct. Missed losing one by making the playoffs a year to early?



I thought I told you that he didn't come over this year because of the uncertainty with the CBA
We discussed him coming over, but I don't think I ever got the final word about why, just that he was staying in Europe this year?

GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 06:48 AM
  #548
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
We discussed him coming over, but I don't think I ever got the final word about why, just that he was staying in Europe this year?
Yeah, can't remember where the article was written that he was coming over, (whether it was a Swedish report or American). But when I asked his agent about it he simply replied "not true"

Don't matter, was just trying to yank your chain though

You and CS go together like Hull and Oates, Beer and pretzels, fish and water, boys and girls.

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 08:07 AM
  #549
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,311
vCash: 500
Seth Griffith week one highlight reel: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...f1bc6a65c86cf2

bruinsfan46 is online now  
Old
09-25-2012, 08:38 AM
  #550
Jeff077
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Perth, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Seth Griffith week one highlight reel: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...f1bc6a65c86cf2
Showing some sweet hands in those highlights!! I love the last goal, buried right under the cross bar.
You can never fault a team for taking a kid later in the draft with this much offensive skill.

Jeff077 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.