HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 11:08 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

vCash: 500
College freshman (athletes or otherwise) like to drink and have a good time!!??

When did this start happening?

Old
09-27-2012, 11:24 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Well as long as he attends all team functions and honorary ceremonies then we'll be good

Old
09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
And one of his teammates, according to a story in THN (on phone and can't link) was hospitalized with alcohol poisoning.

That happened to a guy I knew in college - he was throwing up blood and everything! LOLOLOLOL It was so funny!!
Well don't you just suck the fun out of everything.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:31 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I think that's her job?

Old
09-27-2012, 11:31 AM
NewJackEdwards

As long as this doesn't become a pattern I think it's a non issue.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
There's nothing wrong with having fun. For crissakes, I grew up in the '70s; we practically had keg parties every night, and one of the fraternities had a pot plant in its living room so big the guys decorated it as a Christmas tree.

But when kids - especially freshmen, who, if they weren't being hazed, at the very least weren't being taken care of by their older teammates - are drinking themselves into such stupors that RAs are calling paramedics, that's not "fun," sorry. I've witnessed it first hand, and it's ****ing terrifying.

It sure would be a laff riot if Gothberg or another one of those kids ended up dead of alchohol poisoning, wouldn't it? How do you explain that to his parents? "Sorry, folks, we were just having 'fun'?"

Old
09-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Schnurvel

Two more goals for Söderberg tonight... He's got 8g/1a in six games.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I really hope you're kidding.
nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
he only supports the hazing of zach hamill
Crossfire likes this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
hes going to look good on the 3rd line in 2013.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:24 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Good to hear, I guess, but I'm pretty sure that, unless it changes under a new CBA, this was the last season the Bruins have exclusive rights to him. And based on his seemingly outright falsehoods he's thrown Chia's way for years, I highly doubt he's the type of person to believe he owes anything to the Boston Bruins if he wants to come over.

If he comes over, he'll probably go to a bad team willing to spend a lot of cap hit on an unknown after taking the Bruins on a 6-year ride full of "misunderstandings", which could also be construed as lies from him & his agent.

Not trying to sound too harsh; but you might be updating us on someone we will never see on the Bruins EVEN IF HE COMES OVER. So now Soderberg talk is twice as useless as it used to be....and it was always quite useless.

With that said, impressive performance from him & I really hope Chia can at least get him to come to a camp before 2020.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Good to hear, I guess, but I'm pretty sure that, unless it changes under a new CBA, this was the last season the Bruins have exclusive rights to him. And based on his seemingly outright falsehoods he's thrown Chia's way for years, I highly doubt he's the type of person to believe he owes anything to the Boston Bruins if he wants to come over.

If he comes over, he'll probably go to a bad team willing to spend a lot of cap hit on an unknown after taking the Bruins on a 6-year ride full of "misunderstandings", which could also be construed as lies from him & his agent.

Not trying to sound too harsh; but you might be updating us on someone we will never see on the Bruins EVEN IF HE COMES OVER. So now Soderberg talk is twice as useless as it used to be....and it was always quite useless.

With that said, impressive performance from him & I really hope Chia can at least get him to come to a camp before 2020.
If he does decide to go over, I'm positive he'll play for the Bruins. He's an extremely loyal player and person, and I don't think he wouldn't just throw away what the Bs have done for him in the past. If they don't have any space for him at all, I think he'd rather stay in Sweden another year than go anywhere else in the NHL. Now, of course I can't be absolutely sure, but the impression I've gotten of him so far definitely speaks for the Bruins if he decides to try the NHL in the future.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:46 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
If he does decide to go over, I'm positive he'll play for the Bruins. He's an extremely loyal player and person, and I don't think he wouldn't just throw away what the Bs have done for him in the past. If they don't have any space for him at all, I think he'd rather stay in Sweden another year than go anywhere else in the NHL. Now, of course I can't be absolutely sure, but the impression I've gotten of him so far definitely speaks for the Bruins if he decides to try the NHL in the future.
i dunno - the bruins are unlikely to offer him a guaranteed roster spot, whereas i'm sure there are a bunch of teams who would. soderberg has red wings written all over him, IMO. that is, if he ever actually gives the NHL a shot.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:09 PM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that because the B's suspended him in the last year of his contract for a failure to report (paperwork thing, Soderberg knew they were going to do it), he has never fulfilled that contract, and the Bruins own his rights when/if he ever comes over??

Old
09-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Montecristo

Chudinov Has 2 A in 8 games so far. Always liked his game, almost an Andy ference type but with a little more skill. Any chance he comes over? How long is the deal he signed with st. Petersburg?

Old
09-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that because the B's suspended him in the last year of his contract for a failure to report (paperwork thing, Soderberg knew they were going to do it), he has never fulfilled that contract, and the Bruins own his rights when/if he ever comes over??
No doubt he, like Seguin, Krejci and others, are just waiting for the lockout to end and the C.B.A. to be completed.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Watching the Niagra-Ottawa game online...Dougie has good wheels and offensive instincts, but he's been a bit of a mess in his own zone, include a gaffe that led to an Ottawa goal. It's a very small sample, but he looks a bit lost while trying to defend against any sort of pressure by Ottawa's forwards.

Strome and Ceci look good out there, so far.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:26 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
You might be right, but i don't think he'd be an rfa if thar were the case. But maybe he's in some contractual limbo land. Maybe his contract gets homesick & needed to stay in sweden too.

Don't know why chia wouldn't have suspended him. It's not like yeti has reciprocated any nice gestures from the bruins.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:40 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
Griffith just scored

Old
09-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Krishna

Yep, Griffith just scored his 6th of the year so far

Old
09-28-2012, 09:18 PM
bruinsfan46

Malcolm Subban made 28 of 29 saves in a 1-0 loss to Brampton. 1.31 GAA and .957 SV% in three games.

Old
09-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Shaun
beauty

nice to see Tony C find his scoring touch this year

Old
09-29-2012, 10:45 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Camara had another goal tonight
Subban let in 4 on the night

Old
09-30-2012, 03:49 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Impressive line from Hamilton today.
+4 in a 5-4 loss. One goal, one assist.

Old
09-30-2012, 06:15 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
Impressive line from Hamilton today.
+4 in a 5-4 loss. One goal, one assist.
I just read from an enlightened Leafs poster that he doesn't skate that well, funniest, most misinformed thing I've read all day.

No points for Griffith, rough weekend for the team going 0-2 with 2 goals.

Old
10-01-2012, 04:26 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
I just read from an enlightened Leafs poster that he doesn't skate that well, funniest, most misinformed thing I've read all day.

No points for Griffith, rough weekend for the team going 0-2 with 2 goals.
Just bitter that Kadri showed up in horrific shape for Marlies camp this year

http://blogs.bettor.com/Toronto-Mapl...pdate-a191281;)

Old
10-01-2012, 07:56 AM
MioneRask134

^ Kadri was just doing the all pattened Phil Kessel work out routine. Waffles and Mountain Dew.

Closed Thread