HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
compan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
hazing builds character
It actually kinda does

Old
10-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
It actually kinda does
Tell that to Marie Lourdes Andre.

Quote:
Midday on Friday, Feb. 25, 2011, Ms. Andre was working at her job as an AIDS counselor at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn when she got a call to come to the human resources department. She worried she was going to be laid off, but was told that a police officer was waiting to see her.

Do you have a son named George at Cornell? he asked.

The drive from Brooklyn to the medical examiner in Binghamton is five hours. The morgue was in a hospital basement.

Ms. Andre, accompanied by several friends for support, walked down a hallway to an examining room. A nurse asked them to please wait a moment, disappeared inside, then opened the door.

The body was face up, on a gurney, covered by a sheet that reached to the shoulders. It was George, but everything that made him George was gone the intellect, the sense of humor, the smile, the life in his eyes.

Ms. Andre let out a horrible wail.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/ed...anted=all&_r=0

Old
10-01-2012, 12:24 PM
compan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Tell that to Marie Lourdes Andre.
Hazing and man slaughter are not the same. In fact, nobody supports hazing to that extent. I just know the affect it had on me.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

OK- let's not hijack the thread with extreme cases of hazing.

I went to the Citadel- I know all about it- both the negative, destructive kind and the other camaraderie character-building kind.

I think all of us can agree that the NY Times piece exposes the worst possible scenario and should never be tolerated, so rather than split hairs in what looked like a light-hearted comment, let's not bog this thread down in a debate about hazing but keep the focus where it should be-- on the Bruins prospects.

On that note- I have been asked by the Boston Bruins to resume my analysis on their bi-weekly prospects reports that will start going out soon- even with the lockout.

I did an analysis on the OHL contributors thus far-- pretty good impact from the B's prospects in that league. Cody Payne could be one of those draft picks who people will look back on and say- Wow, how did they get him in the 5th round? 2 goals in 3 games and hearing a lot of positive things about his strength and conditioning. He's primed for a nice breakout season.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Shaun
twitter:shaunjamesss

can't wait for the reports. they were great last year.

Old
10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

I found online a website that lists Hamilton at 6'5", 205lbs. Is that accurate? That's near McQuaid weight now, correct? Must be a good sign for his readiness level for the NHL if true.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:18 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
OK- let's not hijack the thread with extreme cases of hazing.

I went to the Citadel- I know all about it- both the negative, destructive kind and the other camaraderie character-building kind.

I think all of us can agree that the NY Times piece exposes the worst possible scenario and should never be tolerated, so rather than split hairs in what looked like a light-hearted comment, let's not bog this thread down in a debate about hazing but keep the focus where it should be-- on the Bruins prospects.

On that note- I have been asked by the Boston Bruins to resume my analysis on their bi-weekly prospects reports that will start going out soon- even with the lockout.

I did an analysis on the OHL contributors thus far-- pretty good impact from the B's prospects in that league. Cody Payne could be one of those draft picks who people will look back on and say- Wow, how did they get him in the 5th round? 2 goals in 3 games and hearing a lot of positive things about his strength and conditioning. He's primed for a nice breakout season.
Great news Kirk- look forward to reading what you put together.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
looking forward to it. cody payne sounds like a guaranteed jack edwards favorite in a few years, name alone.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
compan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
looking forward to it. cody payne sounds like a guaranteed jack edwards favorite in a few years, name alone.
"Bringing the Payne!" will likely be his first.

Followed by "Here comes the Payne" after he has his reputation.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
"Bringing the Payne!" will likely be his first.

Followed by "Here comes the Payne" after he has his reputation.
maybe jack and brick could do a reenactment of rocky 3, with jack being clubber lang and predicting "payne"

Old
10-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Yours truly isn't the only one picking Seth Griffith. The other isn't even a Bruins fan

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/ohl-h...oring-title--2

Old
10-03-2012, 04:15 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Yours truly isn't the only one picking Seth Griffith. The other isn't even a Bruins fan

What are your thoughts on Kujawinski? I found a 17 year old second year old player being a pretty shocking pick. I found the rest of the picks all have a decent shot except maybe Lessio (I just don't see him out scoring Jenner). Griffith would have to me pick if taking one guy. I'm hoping Scheifele and Strome play NHL games at some point.

Old
10-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
What are your thoughts on Kujawinski? I found a 17 year old second year old player being a pretty shocking pick. I found the rest of the picks all have a decent shot except maybe Lessio (I just don't see him out scoring Jenner). Griffith would have to me pick if taking one guy. I'm hoping Scheifele and Strome play NHL games at some point.
RK is the real deal, will climb in the draft, but don't think he will win the scoring title. On a more veteran team he could challenge, but Kingston is young and inexperienced which will hold his stats back.

Griffith I've seen 3 times now this year and the thing is, that while he's scoring he only has 1 assist. Not for lack of trying. He's setting up guys at an unbelievable pace but they just aren't finishing. Sunday alone he should have had 3 easy assists. And on the PP he's been magic finding people - again no finish.

Not worried - it'll come.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:56 AM
bruinsfan46

Bob McKenzie predicted a World Junior roster if there is still a lock out: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/#clip776145

Hamilton on the top pairing with Murray, Griffith on the second line with Hudon and Scheifele and Subban starting.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
RK is the real deal, will climb in the draft, but don't think he will win the scoring title. On a more veteran team he could challenge, but Kingston is young and inexperienced which will hold his stats back.

Griffith I've seen 3 times now this year and the thing is, that while he's scoring he only has 1 assist. Not for lack of trying. He's setting up guys at an unbelievable pace but they just aren't finishing. Sunday alone he should have had 3 easy assists. And on the PP he's been magic finding people - again no finish.

Not worried - it'll come.

Just in what I've seen in online/video of Kujawinski, he reminds me a lot of a young Keith Primeau.

With his physical tools, he will not be on the board long.

Old
10-04-2012, 02:09 PM
ODAAT

Probably been provided here already but are there links/streams, free or otherwise for the games??? Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance

Old
10-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Just in what I've seen in online/video of Kujawinski, he reminds me a lot of a young Keith Primeau.

That's a pretty honest comparison.

Old
10-04-2012, 06:30 PM
ODAAT

Quote:

I have to see this kid, sounds like a nice prospect to catch highlights of

Old
10-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Dispatch

Didn't see it posted but Dougie had a goal last night in a 3-2 win over Mississauga. Niagra has another game tonight at Saginaw.

On the season he's got 2G and 3A in 5 games.

Old
10-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

The Spooner-Knight bromance has escalated with Torey Krug also sharing the Providence apartment, making it a trio for now.

Henceforth, Knight-Krug-Spooner shall be known as the "Three Amigos" and I will leave it to you, good readers, to determine which one is Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short...

No idea who El Guapo is, though!

Old
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
JMiller

Quote:
The Spooner-Knight bromance has escalated with Torey Krug also sharing the Providence apartment, making it a trio for now.

Henceforth, Knight-Krug-Spooner shall be known as the "Three Amigos" and I will leave it to you, good readers, to determine which one is Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short...

No idea who El Guapo is, though!
Separated at birth?

Old
10-05-2012, 03:47 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Jenner is absolutely lighting it up....Is that a fluke? I love his two way game (well, I love what I read from your eyewitness accounts LOL).... Maybe he has another level offensively!!!

Old
10-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Jenner is absolutely lighting it up....Is that a fluke? I love his two way game (well, I love what I read from your eyewitness accounts LOL).... Maybe he has another level offensively!!!
Columbus is quietly putting together a group of really big forwards. Off the top of my head, I can think of:

Anisimov
Dubinsky
Johansen
R.J. Umberger
Boone Jenner

Old
10-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Jenner has always had offensive ability. If he wasn't putting up numbers now I'd be worried. Believe he'll be 20 at seasons end? Like Griffith, these guys with offensive ability should be putting up big points against 17 year olds.

I cant for the life of me think that he will keep up his current pace which is at 150+ points right now. He's also playing on the OHL's most potent offense atm. So to answer your question, no not a fluke, but there's always more to the stats then what they show.

And you're right about his two way game. NHL ready IMO. But another level offensively? Not sure. I think it's more the natural progression as players like him and Griffith outgrow the younger players in the league. (Look no further then Tanner Pearson last year)

Firmly believe that when the Knights offense picks up, and it will, that Griffith will close the gap on Jenner.

PS. Hope to get a chat in with Griffith tonight. Just did one with Camara I know you certainly will enjoy Lou

Old
10-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Separated at birth?

Woomp- there it is.

Closed Thread