HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Lol no it's perfect, it just made it harder to find. A lot to go through for only two nights.
It's why you gotta hit the "favorite" button when I have something particularly pithy to say...

Old
10-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Would you rather I didn't?

Because if you want...I can just keep my observations to myself from now on...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Friday people said I tweet to much from games. I guess with an 8-2 score there's lots of tweeting so now I just do end of periods.

There was nothing like your #trainapalooza (sp) on twitter. Miss it But your Q&A on prospects is right up there.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Friday people said I tweet to much from games. I guess with an 8-2 score there's lots of tweeting so now I just do end of periods.

There was nothing like your #trainapalooza (sp) on twitter. Miss it But your Q&A on prospects is right up there.
Don't ride the train to work anymore, so that was the end of that.

Prospects Q&A is the best name I could come up with. Maybe- "Rookie Roundup" since I'm in the Lone Star State. Yee-hah!

Jack Campbell looked strong in Stars (AHL) camp. Looking forward to re-establishing a relationship with him and hope he can find his game better in the pros than he did in the OHL.

OKC Barons and Houston Aeros have some pretty nice prospects, so unless the lockout resolved quickly, going to get some pretty good looks at the Stars, Oilers, Wild, Panthers 'Canes and even Flames futures this season.

Last edited by Kirk- NEHJ: 10-07-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old
10-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Wait what's going on? You two tweeting too much again? Why do you think I stopped tweeting to begin with

I haven't been on twitter for a bit (too busy to keep up and having a few issues with them as a developer which has put me off a little bit). I might just update my account though to drop down following just you two + sarah.

Old
10-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Matthew Benning, youngest player in the system, has 2 goals in his 1st 2 USHL games with Dubuque.

Not saying he's all of a sudden going to be an offensive d-man, but just thought I'd throw that out there as one of our lesser known prospects with a good start.
Haven't seen the games but from what I read one was an ENG and the other was a seeing eye wrister. Still promising to see but the fast start on the score card might be leading to a dry spell soon.

I'm interested in Cody Payne and Anthony Camara. It seems going into both drafts the past 2 years the bruins have identified 2 rugged bottom six type players that may have been hindered by playing time in their draft year and were able to draft them in later rounds. Camara has steadily gotten better and Payne has seemingly taken a big step forward this year. Who has the higher upside? I like to hope both of them represent the future of the merlot line in a few years. what do my fellow bruins fans think?

Old
10-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
Haven't seen the games but from what I read one was an ENG and the other was a seeing eye wrister. Still promising to see but the fast start on the score card might be leading to a dry spell soon.

I'm interested in Cody Payne and Anthony Camara. It seems going into both drafts the past 2 years the bruins have identified 2 rugged bottom six type players that may have been hindered by playing time in their draft year and were able to draft them in later rounds. Camara has steadily gotten better and Payne has seemingly taken a big step forward this year. Who has the higher upside? I like to hope both of them represent the future of the merlot line in a few years. what do my fellow bruins fans think?

Here is a good article about Camara and his fresh start in Barrie. He is playing for a Bruins contract this season.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/201...rand-of-hockey

Old
10-09-2012, 02:29 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Here is a good article about Camara and his fresh start in Barrie. He is playing for a Bruins contract this season.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/201...rand-of-hockey
7 goals in 7 games so far- maybe this is the corner they expected him to turn when they picked him up.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Montecristo

matt grzelcyk with 2 A in BUs exhibition against toronto. both points came on the PP, (in fact all of BUs goals did), and he seemed to display all the elite attributes that would have made him a first round pick if he was 6 feet tall. strong skating, great vision, crisp first passes.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
matt grzelcyk with 2 A in BUs exhibition against toronto. both points came on the PP, (in fact all of BUs goals did), and he seemed to display all the elite attributes that would have made him a first round pick if he was 6 feet tall. strong skating, great vision, crisp first passes.
Boston's dominance over Toronto continues!

Old
10-09-2012, 09:45 PM
BronxBruin

From most accounts he has been playing well this season but Malcolm Subban did not look good in last night's game against Oshawa. 3 of the 4 goals were practically from the blue line including the OT winner.

Hopefully this was just "one of those nights" that most young goalies (and even veteran NHLers) have from time to time and he rebounds with a strong outing next game.

Highlights can be found here: http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...d2b9db13bc49cb

Old
10-10-2012, 06:23 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

nice video on dougie hamilton

Old
10-10-2012, 09:44 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBruin View Post
From most accounts he has been playing well this season but Malcolm Subban did not look good in last night's game against Oshawa. 3 of the 4 goals were practically from the blue line including the OT winner.

Hopefully this was just "one of those nights" that most young goalies (and even veteran NHLers) have from time to time and he rebounds with a strong outing next game.

Highlights can be found here: http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...d2b9db13bc49cb
Bounced back making 31 of 32 saves in a 2-1 shootout win versus Brampton tonight. Nice to see because his last three games hadn't been as good as the first three. He's played every minute except when he's been pulled for an extra attacker this year, Belleville's back up is a young kid who was terrible trying to fill in for Subban last year when he was injured. It was Subban's seventh straight shootout win, his streak of 19 straight saves was snapped with two goals. Claude Julien was there: https://twitter.com/OHLinsiders/stat.../photo/1/large

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 10-10-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old
10-12-2012, 08:20 AM
hutch22

Anthony Camara with another goal last night. That makes 8 in 8 games. Tied for 3rd place in OHL scoring. Dougie Hamilton with an assist.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:46 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBruin View Post

Don't want to misquote him, but when I talked to Dom about this game the other night, he said Subban played pretty well, and that he wasn't at fault for the goals (screens I think).

The Bulls came back with him on Wed night and they won in a SO over Brampton. From the highlights, both he and the BRA goalie (Machofsky?) looked like they were dialed in.

It's weird, (seems to happen regularly), but neither goalie was particularly good after being so strong in regulation time. Subban allowed goals on the first two shots and stopped the third, while Machofsky gave up three goals on three shots, with Jordan Subban getting the GWG.

Highlights:

http://www.bellevillebulls.com/

Subban's lateral movement as good as advertised, and he seems to fill the net pretty well despite not being particularly big.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
BronxBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch22 View Post
Anthony Camara with another goal last night. That makes 8 in 8 games. Tied for 3rd place in OHL scoring. Dougie Hamilton with an assist.
The goal was a slick one as well...used his speed to beat the defender down the wing then made a hard deke on the goalie to backhand it in. Not bad for a third or fourth liner plug (as most have considered him up until this point).

The goal can be found here around the :50 mark: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...4b15b8e96e580f

Old
10-12-2012, 01:34 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch22 View Post
Cody Payne also got another Wednesday night, five goals in six games. The Bruins' three OHL forwards have 20 goals in 20 games so far, and Camara and Payne had nine and three goals their entire draft years respectively.

Dougie Hamilton was rated third best prospect by HF, behind Yakupov and Tarasenko.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Anthony Camara is a diamond in the rough.

I am Boston Strong

Old
10-12-2012, 09:46 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Anthony Camara is a diamond in the rough.
A lot of B's fans didn't like the pick at the time and haven't been fond of him since. He's setting up to make a lot of people eat crow.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
A lot of B's fans didn't like the pick at the time and haven't been fond of him since. He's setting up to make a lot of people eat crow.
Not this guy (takes hand off keyboard to pat self on back). Glad that I was backing the pick from the start... I'll admit that it was for his hitting and pugilistic abilities and not scoring buuut at least I didn't bail on the guy early like most of you

Old
10-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Shaun

When does Koko make his Windsor season debut?

Old
10-12-2012, 10:53 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Myself included. Even as recently as development camp, he wasn't standing out to me. As long as he's in the Bruins system, I'll be rooting for him, but I didn't see this kind of production coming.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:59 PM
kman22

Just to add to that, Camara with another goal tonight. 9 goals in 9 games. 9-3-12 overall.

One more goal for Payne and he's matched his total goal production for junior seasons 1 through 3. 6 total coming into this year, 5 so far this season.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:21 AM
twominute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
When does Koko make his Windsor season debut?
Isn't he playing for his dad over in Russia?

Old
10-13-2012, 09:41 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twominute View Post
Isn't he playing for his dad over in Russia?
It seems like that didn't work out well, and supposedly he was heading back to NA.

In terms of Camara. I think people got a little to down on him last year, and I think people may be going a bit to overboard on him this year for his offensive spurt. I suspect that he is a kid who will have to earn his way in the NHL with his fists, and his hits, and that while it is nice he is showing some finish, he will still likely top out at being a 3rd line type who grinds and hopefully develops into someone who chips in 15-20 while grinding

Closed Thread