HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Shaun

vCash: 500

Old
05-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Windsor Star story by Jim Parker cites KoKo's dad as saying negotiations with Bruins ongoing

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Kh...175/story.html

Old
05-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Mancini0518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Coyle did himself no favors by failing out of BU and jumping ship rather than face the consequences.

He's going to ave a very hard time unless he changes his attitude all around. He's a good player but he's not as good s he may think. Maybe being humbled in this tournament will be a wakeup call.
Do you know the situation that led to him leaving? I'm not sure how you can say that he has a poor attitude when you don't know the situation or the events that led up to the decision to leave. He is a good friend of one of my roommates and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders despite being a soon to be NHL player from a small Mass town.

Just think about this, would you want your son to play for a school that had two **** allegations in a 3 month span when his future is as bright as Coyle's is? There were so many dynamics and bad things around the BU team this year i can tell you i wouldn't want my NHL caliber kid playing on that team Parker or no Parker.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Windsor Star story by Jim Parker cites KoKo's dad as saying negotiations with Bruins ongoing

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Kh...175/story.html
Well, that provides some info, but it would be a better story if there was a comment from the Bruins.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:57 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Urgh...Chia gonna be mad!

Old
05-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini0518 View Post
Do you know the situation that led to him leaving? I'm not sure how you can say that he has a poor attitude when you don't know the situation or the events that led up to the decision to leave. He is a good friend of one of my roommates and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders despite being a soon to be NHL player from a small Mass town.

Just think about this, would you want your son to play for a school that had two **** allegations in a 3 month span when his future is as bright as Coyle's is? There were so many dynamics and bad things around the BU team this year i can tell you i wouldn't want my NHL caliber kid playing on that team Parker or no Parker.
I know he wasn't doing what he needed to do academically.

The excuses being made are amusing.

No matter how bad things are you don't just walk away from things especially not after you sign a binding agreement. That speaks volumes of his character. He quit on his team no matter how you put it. Just because he has a bright future doesn't mean he's above everyone else.

You do realize one of those 2 incidents was fabricated right? In any case, I'm not going to judge a school based on 2 incidents. It happens on every campus and to think otherwise is naive.

I won't be a hellicopter parent that's for sure. What I would tell my son is to do something about it rather than take the easy way out and leave.

I am Boston Strong

Old
05-26-2012, 05:57 PM
patty59

Koko fleeing to Russia?

And people still don't know why the Bruins don't like to draft Russians in the early rounds. Waste of picks IMO.

Old
05-26-2012, 06:05 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Koko fleeing to Russia?

And people still don't know why the Bruins don't like to draft Russians in the early rounds. Waste of picks IMO.
Starting to come around on that issue, especially since Koko actually seemed like someone that wanted to play north American hockey

That all said he's still young and nothing is finalized

Old
05-26-2012, 06:17 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Starting to come around on that issue, especially since Koko actually seemed like someone that wanted to play north American hockey

True, but coming here and getting drafted early and possibly signing can be used as leverage to get more money in the KHL, nothing wrong with him doing that. But I would be done wasting my picks on Russians if I were Chiarelli.

Old
05-26-2012, 07:33 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Koko fleeing to Russia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post

I had read that Chia had assurances that Koko would sign an entry level deal here and play it out...I'd have to find it and link it...but you have to wonder if Chia was told the truth...He must be LIVID right now.

Old
05-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Kick1412

Bye bye hamill

Old
05-26-2012, 10:04 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I know he wasn't doing what he needed to do academically.

The excuses being made are amusing.

No matter how bad things are you don't just walk away from things especially not after you sign a binding agreement. That speaks volumes of his character. He quit on his team no matter how you put it. Just because he has a bright future doesn't mean he's above everyone else.

You do realize one of those 2 incidents was fabricated right? In any case, I'm not going to judge a school based on 2 incidents. It happens on every campus and to think otherwise is naive.

I won't be a hellicopter parent that's for sure. What I would tell my son is to do something about it rather than take the easy way out and leave.
Isn't the fabrication the point?

Old
05-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Bruins team source all but confirmed KoKo off to KHL...if Rychel saying it, then must be done deal.

Official did not know how KoKo's departure plays into CBA in terms of signing him prior to June 1, 2013 CHL deadline for 2-year window after player is drafted. I suspect that KoKo can be declared a "defected player" and rights retained because of situation if B's unable or unwilling to sign him to ELC while under contract to KHL team.

More to follow- trying to figure it all out, but this is some real gray area in the CBA and not easily interpreted based on established rules and guidelines.
Done some checking and the best answer I got was this:

If Bruins make a bona fide offer prior to June 1, 2012 (Koko does not have to accept - and since he played a year in Junior following his draft year) they retain his rights until the 4th June 1st following his draft, or in this case until June 1 2015. The Bruins would have to put Koko on their Reserve List unsigned drafted players.

The Bruins would file the offer with the league and Koko would have 30 days to accept the offer but he does not have to accept the offer for them to keep his rights.

Not sure if this is the right answer, but I did send out an email to someone I know at the NHLPA and have not heard back yet.

Old
05-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Done some checking and the best answer I got was this:

If Bruins make a bona fide offer prior to June 1, 2012 (Koko does not have to accept - and since he played a year in Junior following his draft year) they retain his rights until the 4th June 1st following his draft, or in this case until June 1 2015. The Bruins would have to put Koko on their Reserve List unsigned drafted players.

The Bruins would file the offer with the league and Koko would have 30 days to accept the offer but he does not have to accept the offer for them to keep his rights.

Not sure if this is the right answer, but I did send out an email to someone I know at the NHLPA and have not heard back yet.
Thanks for the info, OOG. That's good to know.

Old
05-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Thanks for the info, OOG. That's good to know.
NP. It's since been confirmed by Kirk via twitter that this is the right answer.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

If you folks have a few free minutes, I posted part 1 of my Providence Bruins year in review over on the Providence Bruins thread:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post50215981

#RealMalt

Last edited by Malt: 05-27-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old
05-27-2012, 07:00 PM
CDJ

Just because Koko is going to the KHL, doesn't mean he won't/can't be a Bruin in a year or two.

Still have high hopes for him

Old
05-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Quote:
Koko fleeing to Russia?

Maybe they just aren't that good at drafting ? Hamill, Colborne, Caron... that doesn't sound like russian to me.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:42 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
Maybe they just aren't that good at drafting ? Hamill, Colborne, Caron... that doesn't sound like russian to me.
I thought you were high on Koko after he was drafted? He has skill, but like with any Russian player, they are flight risks. Not worth wasting an early pick IMO.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Quote:
I thought you were high on Koko after he was drafted? He has skill, but like with any Russian player, they are flight risks. Not worth wasting an early pick IMO.
I'm still high on him, and I'd rather have him develop at a higher level than junior hockey.

Old
05-28-2012, 09:00 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
I'm still high on him, and I'd rather have him develop at a higher level than junior hockey.
while I do have concerns about all the money they throw around all willy nilly over in the K, I feel the same way as you.

I do expect him to come back to NA. He is just too competitive to want to stay in a 2nd tier league.

Old
05-28-2012, 09:07 AM
patty59

I hope you guys are right and he comes back, but I can't see it happening. Not when he can make all that cash in the KHL and he'll be limited to only 600K in the NHL for 3 years.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:21 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
It's a little early to be writing off Caron and Colborne.

Old
05-28-2012, 11:11 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Has Koko really dominated the OHL to no return? He certainly doesn't have Yakupov stats.. Sounds like he wants to get paid to me...
No he hasn't imo but as a Bruins fan I don't mind him going to the KHL as long as he comes back in two years. The KHL will surely be a higher level of competition and I don't think he makes the Bruins in 2013-2014 so two years in Russia might be the best for him.

As a London Knights fan, I love this move as London & Windsor are shaping up to be two of the best OHL teams next year and this obviously hurts Windsor big time. Another team to watch out for in the O next year is Guelph. The only players they're losing are the 3 OA's of which two were 2nd pairing D and the other the back-up goalie. They have a lot of kids who were 16/17 this year and should improve next year.

Old
05-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Trap Jesus

Koko's going to be the new Soderberg.

Closed Thread