HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade Kane for

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2012, 03:46 PM
  #76
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
It's funny how quickly players fall out of favor. Two years ago, Kane ended a 49-year Stanley Cup drought.. now we have people actually talking about trading him. The only #1 pick the franchise has ever had, half the face of the franchise and one of the biggest reasons why Chicago is at a point now where anything less than a Stanley Cup is a disappointment.
Unfortunately this is the reality of fickle, idiot fans, Hoss. I'm amazed and pretty disappointed that so many are jumping to trade Kane because he partied during the earliest part of the offseason. Ridiculous, but thankfully none of these people are the GM.


Last edited by Majik1987: 05-15-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: qe
Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:47 PM
  #77
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
If the Hawks were to trade Kane I'd love to see him play with Kesler.

From Chicago's perspective what would it take on top of Cory Schneider?

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:23 PM
  #78
Pepe Silvia
Registered User
 
Pepe Silvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,993
vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
If the Hawks were to trade Kane I'd love to see him play with Kesler.

From Chicago's perspective what would it take on top of Cory Schneider?
no more checking little kaner over the boards then lol

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:40 PM
  #79
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Edler

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:27 PM
  #80
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Edler
You would trade Kane for Edler? Oh, yes, that same Edler who was atrocious in the playoffs this year and is supposed to be the next Lidstrom? Also, Kane to Vancouver? That's some kind of sick joke.

EDIT: My mistake. You mean Edler and Schneider for Kane. Still don't think I'd do that.


Last edited by Cullksinikers: 05-15-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:39 PM
  #81
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
You would trade Kane for Edler? Oh, yes, that same Edler who was atrocious in the playoffs this year and is supposed to be the next Lidstrom? Also, Kane to Vancouver? That's some kind of sick joke.
I was asking what would you want on top of Schneider so Kane for Edler/Schneider is more accurate. Edler and Schneider both have massive upsides but Kane is proven and I think it would probably take more than that anyways.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:30 PM
  #82
ralph0226
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
It's funny how quickly players fall out of favor. Two years ago, Kane ended a 49-year Stanley Cup drought.. now we have people actually talking about trading him. The only #1 pick the franchise has ever had, half the face of the franchise and one of the biggest reasons why Chicago is at a point now where anything less than a Stanley Cup is a disappointment.
He shot the puck on net from a tough angle and it went it. 9 out of 10 times, a goalie stops that shot. It was lucky, plain and simple. That was two seasons ago, Kane has done nothing since. At least nothing to earn that $6.3 million a year he's being paid. One 30 goal season does not a superstar make.

ralph0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:39 PM
  #83
Rexy
Registered User
 
Rexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
He shot the puck on net from a tough angle and it went it. 9 out of 10 times, a goalie stops that shot. It was lucky, plain and simple. That was two seasons ago, Kane has done nothing since. At least nothing to earn that $6.3 million a year he's being paid. One 30 goal season does not a superstar make.
because he didn't do anything else that playoff? was his other 9 goals and 27 points that playoff also a fluke?

what about his other 149 points he's scored since then?

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:44 PM
  #84
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 7,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
He shot the puck on net from a tough angle and it went it. 9 out of 10 times, a goalie stops that shot. It was lucky, plain and simple. That was two seasons ago, Kane has done nothing since. At least nothing to earn that $6.3 million a year he's being paid. One 30 goal season does not a superstar make.
369 career points in 399 games says hes does. Im not thrilled about last season but if he was a UFA, all other 29 teams would be looking to sign him, guaranteed.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:47 PM
  #85
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
He shot the puck on net from a tough angle and it went it. 9 out of 10 times, a goalie stops that shot. It was lucky, plain and simple. That was two seasons ago, Kane has done nothing since. At least nothing to earn that $6.3 million a year he's being paid. One 30 goal season does not a superstar make.
I've generally written off anyone who uses the phrase "does not a xxxx make". They tend to be snobby and ignorant so their posts usually aren't worth reading.

Thank you for re-solidifying my views

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:26 PM
  #86
ralph0226
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I've generally written off anyone who uses the phrase "does not a xxxx make". They tend to be snobby and ignorant so their posts usually aren't worth reading.

Thank you for re-solidifying my views
Obviously, you read it anyway. But I apologize. I'll try to speak in terms that you'll understand from now on. How's this? One thirty goal season ain't so good for a guy what makes over $6 million a year.

ralph0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:30 PM
  #87
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 60,260
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
Obviously, you read it anyway. But I apologize. I'll try to speak in terms that you'll understand from now on. How's this? One thirty goal season ain't so good for a guy what makes over $6 million a year.
Joe Thorton hasn't scored 30+ in 10 years. Guess he sucks too, especially with that $7M cap hit!

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:42 PM
  #88
ralph0226
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Joe Thorton hasn't scored 30+ in 10 years. Guess he sucks too, especially with that $7M cap hit!
I never said Kane sucked, I just said he's not earning that big cap hit he's getting. And maybe Thorton isn't either..When's the last time he won a Stanley Cup?

ralph0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:54 PM
  #89
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I've generally written off anyone who uses the phrase "does not a xxxx make". They tend to be snobby and ignorant so their posts usually aren't worth reading.

Thank you for re-solidifying my views
Man, nothing I hate more than a guy that uses the verb re-solidifying in a post.....

Honestly though, I have my own pet peeve phrases (pet peeve actually being one of them):

"Believe you me mister!"

I don't give one iota..."

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:55 PM
  #90
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
He shot the puck on net from a tough angle and it went it. 9 out of 10 times, a goalie stops that shot. It was lucky, plain and simple. That was two seasons ago, Kane has done nothing since. At least nothing to earn that $6.3 million a year he's being paid. One 30 goal season does not a superstar make.
You're right, it was ever so lucky. Just like his 9 goals and 27 points prior to that goal going in. Just like his 9 goals in 16 games the year before that. It's all luck with Kane.

Toews has done nothing since they won the Cup, and on top of that, he didn't do anything of real note in the SCF. I guess they should trade him too, right? He's obviously not worth the 6.3M he's making...

As to the bolded; First, I love that you keep bringing up a playmakers lack of 30-goal seasons. Second, Patrick Kane had 27 in 73 last year - a 30 goal pace. The year before that, he had 25 in 80. You make it seem like he doesn't score any goals. He's had 25+ goals in 3 of his last 4 seasons and was an injury away from having back-to-back 30 goal seasons.. but, "One 30 goal season does not a superstar make", right?

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:33 AM
  #91
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Myers is a good starting point, but straight up? No.


What about Tyler Myers AND Marcus Foligno?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:35 AM
  #92
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Landeskog and Ryan O'Reilly for Kane...?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:50 AM
  #93
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 26,034
vCash: 500
Avs won't trade Landeskog
Hawks won't trade Kane

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:18 AM
  #94
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 34,953
vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I was asking what would you want on top of Schneider so Kane for Edler/Schneider is more accurate. Edler and Schneider both have massive upsides but Kane is proven and I think it would probably take more than that anyways.
Don't worry.... people that know what they're talking about aren't seriously considering trading Kane.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:46 AM
  #95
ralph0226
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
You're right, it was ever so lucky. Just like his 9 goals and 27 points prior to that goal going in. Just like his 9 goals in 16 games the year before that. It's all luck with Kane.

Toews has done nothing since they won the Cup, and on top of that, he didn't do anything of real note in the SCF. I guess they should trade him too, right? He's obviously not worth the 6.3M he's making...

As to the bolded; First, I love that you keep bringing up a playmakers lack of 30-goal seasons. Second, Patrick Kane had 27 in 73 last year - a 30 goal pace. The year before that, he had 25 in 80. You make it seem like he doesn't score any goals. He's had 25+ goals in 3 of his last 4 seasons and was an injury away from having back-to-back 30 goal seasons.. but, "One 30 goal season does not a superstar make", right?
There's a difference between Towes and Kane. Towes, (when not injured), shows up and plays hard every game, Kane doesn't. When games get physical, which so many do against the Hawks, Kane usually backs off and goes into hiding. Too bad he can't be as aggressive on ice as he is off. He has the potential to be one of the great ones, IF and when he grows up.

ralph0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:48 AM
  #96
Paul Allen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
There's a difference between Towes and Kane. Towes, (when not injured), shows up and plays hard every game, Kane doesn't. When games get physical, which so many do against the Hawks, Kane usually backs off and goes into hiding. Too bad he can't be as aggressive on ice as he is off. He has the potential to be one of the great ones, IF and when he grows up.
Kane needs a physical power forward to play with and give him space/protection. He looked very good when carcillo was on his wing earlier in the season. I'm not saying carcillo should be in the top 6 next year but there needs to be a physical presence.

Paul Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:43 AM
  #97
Pepe Silvia
Registered User
 
Pepe Silvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,993
vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Allen View Post
Kane needs a physical power forward to play with and give him space/protection. He looked very good when carcillo was on his wing earlier in the season. I'm not saying carcillo should be in the top 6 next year but there needs to be a physical presence.
totally agree

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:55 AM
  #98
moose vasko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Toews has done nothing since they won the Cup, and on top of that, he didn't do anything of real note in the SCF.
Other than pretty much carry the team to a playoff spot late last year, and this year, prior to the concussion, play at a level where he was getting mentions for MVP, no, he really has done nothing (I'm guessing you weren't serious).

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:58 AM
  #99
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Toews has done nothing since they won the Cup, and on top of that, he didn't do anything of real note in the SCF.
You can't compare Toews to Kane. Toews is about caught up with Kane offensively and obviously dominates him in every other aspect. If you are going to compare Kane to someone else on the team, make it Sharp. Kane is not in the same class as players like Toews and Hossa.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:07 PM
  #100
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I still believe Kane is a generational talent. You don't trade him for garbage and he has yet to hit his full potential.


Just wow.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.