HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Universal Patrick Kane trade to your team thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2012, 05:40 PM
  #326
A Sequel to Failure
Registered User
 
A Sequel to Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Quote:
I'm sure you understand the Hawks can't trade Kane to Vancouver.

Kudos to you for not trying to make it for Luongo, though.
Meh, I'd think this is one of those situations where both team needs are filled. A GM isn't gonna be trigger shy JUST CAUSE the fan base is gonna be annoyed a wee bit. Rivalries are greatly a fan thing, not something you care MUCH for as someone running a business.

You have to be aware of the fan opinion (as GM), but the sway of that opinion shouldn't hold you back from improving your team. Idk, could be off-base here.


Last edited by A Sequel to Failure: 05-20-2012 at 05:47 PM.
A Sequel to Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:41 PM
  #327
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Having a car accident isn't indicative of any "character flaws". The results were much, much worse than anything Kane's done, but the point is that Dany was apologetic, was really, truly sorry. Kane doesn't give a rat's ass about anything he's done.
So you're saying that because Kane hasn't shown the remorse Heatley did we should think less of him?



The things people say on here really truly never cease to amaze me.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:41 PM
  #328
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Fair enough, personally I'd never trade for a player that has off ice issues/shenanigans like Kane, especially how strict AV is for those players (O'Brien being an example that comes to mind - granted he's not an all star). Why give up so many assets for a player that won't fit into the team, like Carter (I think Columbus gave up more for him compared to when they traded him to LA).
I don't think you give Johnson enough credit. That first contract signing fiasco, where in he was traded to L.A., has been the only real black mark against him, and he plays some excellent hockey. Him and a first round pick (granted it looks now like it could be will be 30th overall) for Carter, who in turn was traded for Voracek, the 7th overall pick that became Couturier and I think another pick. Johnson beats Voracek, and no matter where that L.A. pick lands, the 7th last year beats it.

As for shenanigans...it's off season. It's like trying to call out a co worker because he got drunk on his vacation, and someone blew it out of proportion and made it sound like he was juggling babies and kicking puppies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
So you want Kassian off the Nucks ASAP right?
No, because the Canucks NEVER do anything like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
Heatley was a young guy who made a mistake and had a fatal accident and was clearly remorseful

Patrick kane is a thug criminal. Big difference between the two
For real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
I don't believe that has been a reoccurring issue.
Kane has had 2 highly publicized events, both of which the alleged victims have come out and said "nah, it didn't happen like that", along with some pictures of an "over served" Kane at a bar. I disagree with it being reoccurring issue. I should hate the guy, and fly this situation up the flag pole, but I think it's just the media reporting on something that isn't there, which irks me even more then Chicago beating us.


Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 05-20-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Took out quote that was deleted
Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:44 PM
  #329
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,843
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
So you're saying that because Kane hasn't shown the remorse Heatley did we should think less of him?



The things people say on here really truly never cease to amaze me.
Yeah, actually. Remorse is what I want to see when someone does something wrong.

If Kane said something as simple as "I'm sorry this escalated so much" then I would have a much higher opinion of him. As it is...

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:47 PM
  #330
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, actually. Remorse is what I want to see when someone does something wrong.

If Kane said something as simple as "I'm sorry this escalated so much" then I would have a much higher opinion of him. As it is...
And what has Kane done that is anywhere near the level of what Heatley did?

What exactly has he done that made you lose all your respect for him?

And does he have trouble sleeping knowing you don't respect him?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 05:51 PM
  #331
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,843
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
And what has Kane done that is anywhere near the level of what Heatley did?

What exactly has he done that made you lose all your respect for him?

And does he have trouble sleeping knowing you don't respect him?
Wow, that's relevant...

What has he done? Are you serious?

And you're completely ignoring the point.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:19 PM
  #332
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Having a car accident isn't indicative of any "character flaws". The results were much, much worse than anything Kane's done, but the point is that Dany was apologetic, was really, truly sorry. Kane doesn't give a rat's ass about anything he's done.
Heatley was so apologetic that he ditched out on his remaining community service and declared that he needed a fresh start and get away from a city/organization that gave him nothing but support after the incident. What a standup guy.

Meanwhile, what does Kane need to apologize for? Getting drunk and not doing anything that warranted a citation or removal from the bar he was drinking at?

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:05 PM
  #333
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,419
vCash: 500
Darn Kane for not showing remorse for drinking alcohol at a party!

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:36 PM
  #334
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Darn Kane for not showing remorse for drinking alcohol at a party!
And in the offseason too!

What a jerk!

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:06 PM
  #335
LOLERSKATES
Registered User
 
LOLERSKATES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
to Ottawa:

Patrick Kane


to Chicago:

Mika Zibanejad
Ben Bishop
1st round pick

LOLERSKATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:40 PM
  #336
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy
 
Kaner Coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Darn Kane for not showing remorse for drinking alcohol at a party!
He should be kicked out of the league for being a bro.

Edit: If the Hawks are lucky, they may be able to trade him for a mediocre prospect, a goalie with no NHL experience, and a mid first round pick.

Kaner Coffee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:05 PM
  #337
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Wow, that's relevant...

What has he done? Are you serious?

And you're completely ignoring the point.
Hahaha, seriously....this is too funny. Thanks for the laugh

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:09 PM
  #338
LOLERSKATES
Registered User
 
LOLERSKATES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Not sure if serious...
no, not really. but it's not terrible.

-Zibanejad is Ottawa's best forward prospect. To call him mediocre is pretty stupid.
-Ben Bishop played NHL games this past season. Yeah, small sample, but it's really not crazy to assume he'll be better than Corey Crawford.
-15th pick has value. Ottawa picked Karlsson 15th. The possibility of picking a stud is there.

Did you expect me to offer Karlsson or something?

LOLERSKATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:41 PM
  #339
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy
 
Kaner Coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLERSKATES View Post
no, not really. but it's not terrible.

-Zibanejad is Ottawa's best forward prospect. To call him mediocre is pretty stupid.
-Ben Bishop played NHL games this past season. Yeah, small sample, but it's really not crazy to assume he'll be better than Corey Crawford.
-15th pick has value. Ottawa picked Karlsson 15th. The possibility of picking a stud is there.

Did you expect me to offer Karlsson or something?
Well I really couldn't imagine the Hawks trading Kane without receiving equal value because they have no reason to actively shop him. So from the Senators, that would have to include Karlsson. And actually, I couldn't imagine them trading Kane at all, so this whole thing is kind of pointless.

Kaner Coffee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:54 AM
  #340
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Coffee View Post
Well I really couldn't imagine the Hawks trading Kane without receiving equal value because they have no reason to actively shop him. So from the Senators, that would have to include Karlsson. And actually, I couldn't imagine them trading Kane at all, so this whole thing is kind of pointless.
funny.. Karlsson outscored Kane by a wide margin despite playing D. Asking for him in a deal for Kane is pretty sad. If you cant imagine Kane being traded or CHI getting 'equal value' then read the possible reasons in OP.

Zibanejad is a top prospect. Dont know about Bishop but a 1st rounder holds decent value. OTT would have to add more but would not have to 'include Karlson' unless Toews is involved.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:27 AM
  #341
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,212
vCash: 500
Zib is a good prospect. Kane is an elite player. There's a huge gap there, and I really like Zib.

Bishop is a decent prospect. Saying he'd be better than Corey Crawford is useless because almost every goalie in the league this year was better than Crawford. We could pick a goalie better than Crawford out of free agency and keep Kane.

Ottawa's 1st is only 3 picks before ours, so while it has value, it's not a lot.

Two good prospects and a mid-first rounder that's only three places ahead of our own is not worth one of the faces of our franchise. It'd be like offering McNeill, Salak, and our 1st for Karlsson or Spezza.


Last edited by Sevanston: 05-21-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:40 AM
  #342
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,777
vCash: 500
There's only a couple scenarios to trade a top player like Kane and a face of a franchise:

1. He demands a trade.
2. You get one player of equal value back that somehow fits your team better.

Even then, option 2 is not a guarantee, simply because teams have a ton invested in these players and it would likely be a crushing blow to the fanbase if you trade a key piece of the core of a team.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:54 AM
  #343
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 25,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
Id be shocked if anyone traded anything of value for him at this point. There are clearly some serious character flaws
tell me more about his "serious character flaws"

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:37 AM
  #344
ZetterBurger
Registered User
 
ZetterBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Having a car accident isn't indicative of any "character flaws". The results were much, much worse than anything Kane's done, but the point is that Dany was apologetic, was really, truly sorry. Kane doesn't give a rat's ass about anything he's done.
Who the hell are you to say who cares and doesn't care? You don't have the slightest clue what either of these guys are feeling, so just shut up.

Not one team in this league is going to try and bring down the price of Kane because of that night, or because he parties. It's damn foolish to even discuss these incidents like a team will care about them when discussing a trade for one of the most popular, most talented and most marketable players in the league. His 'baggage' would be overlooked by every single team.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:44 AM
  #345
DoctrSteveBrule
@MouseRat_Fan
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
What has he done? Are you serious?
you say that like he was convicted of war crimes. How old are you, out of curiosity?

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.