HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group H • May 15 • Canada 5, Belarus 1

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2012, 07:02 AM
jonas2244

vCash: 500
It wouldn't make sense at a tournament I guess. A player who is able to get 3 game misconducts in 7 games shouldn't play hockey at all.

I just heard that in the case of Goran Bezina who got a game misconduct on Saturday vs. France and it was said that he was automatically suspended for the game on Sunday.

Old
05-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
You get an automatic one game suspension for match penalty, not for game misconduct.

Old
05-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
I just heard that in the case of Goran Bezina who got a game misconduct on Saturday vs. France and it was said that he was automatically suspended for the game on Sunday.
Bezina got the match-penalty.

25 min it says.

If you look at Methot and Schenn, they got 5 min and 20 min.

Old
05-15-2012, 07:12 AM
jonas2244

Ahhh, thx for clarification. That's the difference.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Thanks for replaying this game TSN I really appreciate it. Like really I do, thanks a ton, i'm really a big fan of yours right now. I know around the horn, sportsnation and world poker tour are staples of TSN2 and would incite a riot if not shown in favor of a replay of the game. So I would just like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing me why you guys are "Canada's Sport Leader".

Really TSN, great job. Kudos. You guys are amazing.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Raimo Sillanpää

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
Are you even watching the game? Dirty hit from behind by a Belarusian player on Kane, followed by some cross checking on our player after a goal was scored. The Belarusian players know they can get involved after the whistle and it doesn't matter about penalties/suspensions because their tournament is over. Also, they know Canada won't and can't retaliate as they've got more games ahead. Classy though, right?
How did that hit look on tv? I was at the game and.. from the replay on the jumbotron Kane seemed to be in all too much control of his fall and my first impression was that the acted to get the big penalty.

But that happened on the other side of the rink, the other two boardings I saw better. But would love to see a video as it'd put my mind at rest as to weather he acted for it or not

Old
05-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Why would you hit a player like that with 6 seconds left in the game? There's NO need to hit him. I'm so disappointed with Methot. His hit, I thought, was dirtier and could be suspendable.

As for Luke Schenn, I don't think it was that bad. Normal boarding... and he got a 5 min major. That should suffice.

Unfortunately, Methot is more important to this team than Luke Schenn. I hope neither are suspended for such an important game.

Old
05-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Macman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
Why would you hit a player like that with 6 seconds left in the game? There's NO need to hit him. I'm so disappointed with Methot. His hit, I thought, was dirtier and could be suspendable.

As for Luke Schenn, I don't think it was that bad. Normal boarding... and he got a 5 min major. That should suffice.

Unfortunately, Methot is more important to this team than Luke Schenn. I hope neither are suspended for such an important game.
It was really brainless and he will be suspended. The fact it happened with six seconds left means he didn't really pay a price for it. He will the next game.

The Schenn hit was pretty underwhelming. He shouldn't get anything more.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Closed Thread