HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group S • May 15 • Norway 6, Denmark 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Mr Kanadensisk

vCash: 500
In Detroit they throw octpus, in Florida they throw rats. I think Norway should celebrate their arrival as a top international team by introducing hockey fans to showers of lutefisk after ever goal. I can guarantee the vuvuzela would no longer be the most hated thing in sports.

Old
05-15-2012, 08:40 AM
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
In Detroit they throw octpus, in Florida they throw rats. I think Norway should celebrate their arrival as a top international team by introducing hockey fans to showers of lutefisk after ever goal. I can guarantee the vuvuzela would no longer be the most hated thing in sports.
Some fans threw a fish on the ice in the 94 Olympics when our coach was a Swede nicknamed "The Fish". That's as close as it gets.

Old
05-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Old Norse Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovand View Post
Good on Jannik to step up when refs refuse to call the obvious.
And screwing his own team ? LoL

Old
05-15-2012, 08:46 AM
BalticWarrior

Wow weak play by danish team they should have stepped up in this game..

Old
05-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Brasero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawron View Post
I have been following the Norwegian hockey since the early 70's, I just cant believe what has happened the last few years. Thank you Sweden for letting our guys play the SEL.
This. We should subsidise the SEL with some oil money lol

Old
05-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Harikkerk

Now i want Sweden to face Norway!

Old
05-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Mr Kanadensisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeeres View Post
Some fans threw a fish on the ice in the 94 Olympics when our coach was a Swede nicknamed "The Fish". That's as close as it gets.
they decided on fish only after it was determined that throwing a small Swede on the ice would be too controversial.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Justinov

I sadly missed the game because of work.....
6-2 sounds like even a Norwegian team "resting for the QF" totally outplayed the danish team.
Was it that bad? with a danish team totally out mentally after the Latvia game?

Old
05-15-2012, 10:15 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
6-2 sounds like even a Norwegian team "resting for the QF" totally outplayed the danish team.
Norway won the 2nd period 5-0, but the danish team played a little better in the third and won the third period 2-1

Old
05-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
The were very even until the 2nd Norwegian goal, then fatigue got to the head of the Danish players and they started to make mental mistakes because of it. In the 3rd they came out with new energy, they were mentally in the game again and it showed on the score sheet. I don't think 6-2 is good representation of the teams, it's more a representation of a tired Danish team and 10 horrible minutes in the 2nd. In the 1st and the 3rd the teams were more or less equal.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
The were very even until the 2nd Norwegian goal, then fatigue got to the head of the Danish players and they started to make mental mistakes because of it. In the 3rd they came out with new energy, they were mentally in the game again and it showed on the score sheet. I don't think 6-2 is good representation of the teams, it's more a representation of a tired Danish team and 10 horrible minutes in the 2nd. In the 1st and the 3rd the teams were more or less equal.
Thanks for the info!!
OK....it seems that they really did make a good effort and tried to win....after all they should a win would have meant a 10'th place...with the loss we end up 13'th. Huge difference for the Sochi qualification.
But Norway is really on a roll here!

Old
05-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Norway won the 2nd period 5-0, but the danish team played a little better in the third and won the third period 2-1
Thanks....must have been a nice period to be a norwegian fan..started to get deja vue to a certain other game
The danish teams have been very bad mentally to cope against being scored against this WC.
2 fast by Italy
6 against Sweden in a game
5 against Norway in 1 period.
Thats really something that the team need to work on - mental toughness!

Old
05-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Yeah. That's hockey.

Sometimes you have to step up, even if it costs you minutes. Try to spark the team, get something going.

It's not that common in international hockey, but you will see it on occasion. And it does have an effect. A fresh example: Carkner vs Boyle in the ECQF.
No it isn't. That's why you get sent to the penalty box for it.

Old
05-15-2012, 11:29 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
No it isn't. That's why you get sent to the penalty box for it.
Yeah. Penalties are a part of hockey. As is fighting. Anyone denying that, knows nothing of the sport.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Qvist

Quote:
Yeah. Penalties are a part of hockey. As is fighting. Anyone denying that, knows nothing of the sport.
Something you get sent to the penalty box for is, by definition, not a legitimate part of the game. That's, you know, why players get sent to the penalty box when they do it. Shouldn't be too difficult to grasp, really. That's why we have rules, to distinguish between the things you can do on the ice and which are part of the game, and the things you can't, which are not. Fighting is among the latter, hence is outside the game.

The only sense in which you are right is that fighting is a part of hockey in the same way that cheating is a part of poker or infidelity is a part of marriage. Just because it happens doesn't mean it has a legitimate place. Just thought that ought to be clarified.

Last edited by Qvist: 05-15-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old
05-15-2012, 01:57 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
That's just a silly notion.

Fighting is used to protect star players and to change the momentum of the game. And it is proven to work. There has always been fighting in hockey. It's part of the history of the sport, and part of at least the foreseeable future of the sport. Most fans are for it, most players are for it, it is an accepted part of the sport.

Hooking is used amongst other things to slow down oposition players. It is also part of the game, even tho it's a penalty and often called as one.

If all plays that can cause a penalty were to be removed from the game, it would change the sport altogether. And in my opinion, not for the better.

You're using flawed logic.

Old
05-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Wolfy

So its Norway vs Russia in the QF on selveste 17.mai

Double reason to raise the flag.

Our brave warriors will face Malkin, Ovechkin and the other Russian superstars. It's okay if we lose, but I think we can look forward to some great entertainment

Old
05-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Qvist

Quote:
That's just a silly notion.

Fighting is used to protect star players and to change the momentum of the game. And it is proven to work. There has always been fighting in hockey. It's part of the history of the sport, and part of at least the foreseeable future of the sport. Most fans are for it, most players are for it, it is an accepted part of the sport.

Hooking is used amongst other things to slow down oposition players. It is also part of the game, even tho it's a penalty and often called as one.

If all plays that can cause a penalty were to be removed from the game, it would change the sport altogether. And in my opinion, not for the better.

You're using flawed logic.
You're not using any kind of logic. I am simply pointing out that something that is explicitly banned in the rules of the game is by definition not a legitimate part of the game. That's what being banned in the rules means. It doesn't mean **** if you like it or not, or if it's part of the history of the game, or if it "works".

Still, shouldn't be surprised - to enter into discussion about fighting in hockey is usually like entering some strange alternative dimension where the normal laws of logic and causality are evidently suspended.

Old
05-15-2012, 03:31 PM
SirKillalot

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
Well, if someone throws a "Smalahove" on the ice on thursday, it would truly make our day!

Old
05-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Dagh

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
You're not using any kind of logic. I am simply pointing out that something that is explicitly banned in the rules of the game is by definition not a legitimate part of the game. That's what being banned in the rules means. It doesn't mean **** if you like it or not, or if it's part of the history of the game, or if it "works".

Still, shouldn't be surprised - to enter into discussion about fighting in hockey is usually like entering some strange alternative dimension where the normal laws of logic and causality are evidently suspended.
I'm not all that pro-fighting, but there is such a thing as taking a good penalty. That means it's part of the tactics of the game to me, despite being against the rules.

I wouldn't use it to argue for keeping anything in the game though. By the same reasoning you could say that diving is a part of the game. Players dive to gain an advantage, despite it being against the rules. It's (an unfortunate) part of the game.

Old
05-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
So its Norway vs Russia in the QF on selveste 17.mai

Double reason to raise the flag.

Our brave warriors will face Malkin, Ovechkin and the other Russian superstars. It's okay if we lose, but I think we can look forward to some great entertainment
Bring those russians down in flames for us Norway!

Closed Thread