HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What will the D look like next year?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2012, 10:54 AM
  #51
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gauthier made a lot of good moves that Bergevin will end up getting credit for.
sure he did....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:59 AM
  #52
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gauthier made a lot of good moves that Bergevin will end up getting credit for.
Let's see how long it takes Gauthier to get another GM job...

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:26 AM
  #53
maci4life
Registered User
 
maci4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Macedonia
Posts: 887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Subban is where in this equation?
traded for Weber.

not 1 for 1, but we're talking D's only.

one can hope. Habs get bigger by 4 inches

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:47 AM
  #54
76ftw
24
 
76ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
traded for Weber.

not 1 for 1, but we're talking D's only.

one can hope. Habs get bigger by 4 inches
we'd probably have to add our 1st this year and probably Leblanc or something if we wanted Weber. In the end not even close to worth it.

I'll keep Subban thanks

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:52 AM
  #55
jwolf
Registered User
 
jwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Marquoff - Sooban
Caberlay - Gorges
Yemalynn - UFA
Dyazz

As a UFA, I'd look at a Bryan Allen, Barret Jackman type. Web-her is a redundancy on this team.

jwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
  #56
Valois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
I see us maybe adding a UFA a la Jackman, playing Kaberle with a stay at home guy or a physical guy (Emelin, maybe Gthulhu but I don't know if Kaberle on second pairing with Garthes makes sense and putting Gauloises on the third pairing is just a waste).

Diaz or St. Denis would both be great as a 7th, I could see Diaz stepping up if Kaberle is no good.

I think a lot depends on how Markov does after the summer. If he returns to form, him with one of Subban or Gilgamesh on the first pairing would be nice and would afford us two pretty solid pairings.

Markov-Gloves
Subban-Jackman
Kaberle-Emelin

PP
Markov/Subban
and
Kaberle/Emelin

Valois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:44 PM
  #57
larrypacman8167
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
My predictions:

Emelin to KHL......

Subban Gorjez
Markov xxxxx
Kaberle Diaz
Weber St Denis
?????

(Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Nash....late season call ups)


xxxx= Large shut down type via free agency/trade
?????= Fringe NHLer/Veteran AHLer to be signed ufa like Woywitka last year.
i see no reason not to resign him + he's one of my personal fav so...... by the way nice spelling on Joergz

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:45 PM
  #58
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gauthier made a lot of good moves that Bergevin will end up getting credit for.
TOtally agree. People are hating on him because he's a creepy weirdo.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:10 PM
  #59
Valois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
if Ottawa doesn't re-sign Carkner I would love to see him in MTL. Not a top four guy, but can play a solid shutdown game, and is a real playoff performer. Also beats guys up.

Valois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
  #60
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gauthier made a lot of good moves that Bergevin will end up getting credit for.
lol, ... well... c'mon man.. care to list them?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:28 PM
  #61
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
lol, ... well... c'mon man.. care to list them?
Signing Timmins' drafts picks under Gainey era.
Trading extra young talented goalie drafted by timmins in Gainey era.
The development of players drafted by Timmins under Gainey era.
etc...

Good moves he actually did all by himself?
Signing Cole. Can't complain here.
Moore wasn't a bad move either. Helped in our run a few years back.
Wiz was a good move as well.

The rest? Meh. Failed to progress the team and/or restock prospects. Acquired long term contracts. No leadership, no direction. etc. etc.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:24 PM
  #62
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypacman8167 View Post
i see no reason not to resign him + he's one of my personal fav so...... by the way nice spelling on Joergz
I agree, I just get the feeling this is going to be a tough signing for the habs. KHL teams are going to want him, he is going to want lots of cash....how much are the habs going to be willing to pay?

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:44 PM
  #63
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
I agree, I just get the feeling this is going to be a tough signing for the habs. KHL teams are going to want him, he is going to want lots of cash....how much are the habs going to be willing to pay?
He was willing to play here this year for less than a million so I think he would be pretty happy with a $500,000 raise or something like that. Plus he'll (hopefully) have the chance to play with Markov which might count for something.

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:49 PM
  #64
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valois View Post
if Ottawa doesn't re-sign Carkner I would love to see him in MTL. Not a top four guy, but can play a solid shutdown game, and is a real playoff performer. Also beats guys up.
Based on?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:13 PM
  #65
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,159
vCash: 500
Jordgez - Subban
Markov - Emelin (?)
Kaberle - Weber/Diaz
Weber/Diaz

Pretty much suck.

I'd like a dman with the ability to fight. That's for sure.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:31 PM
  #66
Saopolo123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
I woud like to see this :

Jackman - Subban
Gorges - Markov
Diaz - Emilin

Saopolo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:36 PM
  #67
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
I kinda hope we draft a defenseman =/. We have some prospects coming up, but we're also going to lose Markov before long, giving us only 2 defensemen for the future in Subban and Gorges. Kind of scary.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:39 PM
  #68
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 24,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I kinda hope we draft a defenseman =/. We have some prospects coming up, but we're also going to lose Markov before long, giving us only 2 defensemen for the future in Subban and Gorges. Kind of scary.
Tinordi, Ellis, Beaulieu?

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
  #69
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Let's see how long it takes Gauthier to get another GM job...
It will take a while because GM's get fired a lot less than coaches so the turnover is much slower.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
  #70
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Signing Timmins' drafts picks under Gainey era.
Trading extra young talented goalie drafted by timmins in Gainey era.
The development of players drafted by Timmins under Gainey era.
etc...

Good moves he actually did all by himself?
Signing Cole. Can't complain here.
Moore wasn't a bad move either. Helped in our run a few years back.
Wiz was a good move as well.

The rest? Meh. Failed to progress the team and/or restock prospects. Acquired long term contracts. No leadership, no direction. etc. etc.
No, it was said he made moves that would benefit the new GM. I wanted to know which ones those were. I agree with Cole, that did turn out to be a good signing.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
  #71
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Tinordi, Ellis, Beaulieu?
We can only hope they are good enough to round-up our top-4.

I don't want to go too off-topic, but not so long ago people were saying our defense one day would be Komisarek-Markov Fischer-McDonaugh Subban-Weber so we didn't need to draft more defensemen.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:08 PM
  #72
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,870
vCash: 500
Markov - Jackman
Gorges - Subban
Allen - Emelin

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
  #73
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,213
vCash: 500
Markov - Gorges
Brad Stuart - Subban
Emelin - Diaz
St-Denis

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:32 PM
  #74
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
He was willing to play here this year for less than a million so I think he would be pretty happy with a $500,000 raise or something like that. Plus he'll (hopefully) have the chance to play with Markov which might count for something.
I hope you are right.

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:36 PM
  #75
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Longueuil, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Based on?
Carkner and solid shutdown in the same sentence....

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.