HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

whats your guys opinion of the Capitals?

Old
05-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I disagree with this conventional wisdom. The only reason that the Caps did anything this postseason is because Braden Holtby went all Jeremy Lin on us and carried his team.

The Caps core is Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green, and Wideman. Trying to force those guys to play a strictly defensive system is a huge waste of their talent.

Either the Caps need to find a coach who can take advantage of his best players' skills, or they need to completely blow things up and start again. I suggest the first option.
Change Wideman to Green and i agree.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey36 View Post
The Caps have all the pieces to be a cup winner, they just need an on-ice leader and less inner conflict.
IMO, they need to get rid of Ovechkin. He is a crybaby diva who thinks the team should revolve around him even though he isnt the leader that a captain should be and isnt the goalscorer that he once was.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:30 PM
The Kessel Run

Ha ha ha, Wideman is their core? He is a-w-f-u-l.

The Kessel Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:41 PM

IMO we can't judge them yet. Hunter needs at least a full camp with this team.

Judging by these playoffs I think they might be back in limbo. They don't need to become a defensive team but just cleans up their act in the defensive zone and transitions from there.

I actually don't like what they've done with AO. Let him be the offensive stud he is and build around him. I think his effort on defense is there. Just give him a few good habits and let him loose.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post

Judging by these playoffs I think they might be back in limbo. They don't need to become a defensive team but just cleans up their act in the defensive zone and transitions from there.

I actually don't like what they've done with AO. Let him be the offensive stud he is and build around him. I think his effort on defense is there. Just give him a few good habits and let him loose.
....uh....

EverettMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post

Hunter stepped down as coach. I'm really interested in seeing the type of coach they hire to replace him. Will they go Offensive or defensive minded?

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:07 PM
zachws6

vCash: 1480
Playoff disappointment? I don't think so. They were 6 seconds away from that series having a totally different look to it as well. With that said, there are some questions to ponder this off season....
-coach
-semin staying/going
-ovechkin's production in next couple seaons while he is still young
-gamble on holtby or not

To be honest, I really loved watching the Caps this post season loved what Ovechkin and Semin brought to the table.

zachws6 is offline   Reply With Quote