HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Nexus 8000 Elbow pads

Old
01-19-2015, 03:23 AM
Rookie109

vCash: 500
Bauer Nexus 8000 Elbow pads

Does anyone have them, how do you like or dislike them? I'm considering picking up a pair, just curious for anyone's opinion.

Rookie109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2015, 03:41 AM
Pacifist Goon

I picked up the 8000 shins just before Christmas along with both the 4000 and 6000 shoulders; and am impressed by both (wasn't a fan of the 8000 shoulders when I tried them on, too much to them and don't like the two piece bicep).

I tried the 8000 elbows on (presently using the 1000's) but they just weren't a good fit for me. Obviously that's an individual thing though.

They look pretty impressive as demonstrated by Chase on the Ice Warehouse you tube promo.

Last edited by Pacifist Goon: 01-19-2015 at 03:52 AM.
Pacifist Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2015, 01:04 AM
Rookie109

I tried the Bauer Nexus 8000 elbow pads in the store, I was expecting a better fit but that wasn't the case for a tall lean guy like me.

I ended up buying the Bauer Supreme One.8 elbow pads for under $70 after tax (Canadian) which fit me the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dum8w2nykLs

I also liked the Bauer TotalOne NXG elbow pads, but they are basically the exact same design with a couple more "bells and whistles". They really don't justify nearly twice the price though for essentially 95% the same thing IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELjyCmwd_s4

The Bauer One.8 Supreme elbows pads were great, I barely noticed them on in my game tonight they fit so well; they also have exceptional coverage for blocking shots which is a big bonus

Thanks for the help!

Rookie109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2015, 03:50 PM
The Doors

i have the bauer nexus 600, look pretty similiar to those.

not too stiff or restrictive (i was upgrading from an old pair that were very worn in and loose)

i have heard a lot of **** talking about bauer nexus twigs but have been pleased w/ the elbow pads.

my main worry with such a new elbow pad (three staps and tons of velcro would be my only beef... sticks to a jersey sometimes) was that they would restict stickhandling and be uncomfortable.. but no worries there, nice elbow pad

i'd say try the 8000 for sure, bauer is the best hockey company imo

Last edited by The Doors: 01-20-2015 at 04:54 PM.
The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote