HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Nhl 13

Old
09-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Very irritating that the ccm bonus code doesn't work for anyone. It is an EA game and everything, but c'mon...
It worked for me. Unfortunetely on the flip side I didn't get my GD Wayne Gretzky. Now that's infuriating.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
It worked for me. Unfortunetely on the flip side I didn't get my GD Wayne Gretzky. Now that's infuriating.
Bleh. I got my Gretzky, and also all my bonus packs from the demo and CE. I also got my pre-order bauer bonus gear. The only one that doesn't work for me is the CCM pack. Just a massive facepalm that they can't even get a promotional code service to work...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
WOW. Training cards only last for ONE game at a time in HUT mode now?!?!?!? I upgraded the hell out of Parise and my goaltender, gave them all my best upgrades, like 20k+ worth of training cards, and then I noticed after the game that they were saying they had no training. Checked online and it sounds like it is universal, training cards only last one game.... How the hell is this supposed to work? We are supposed to drop tens of thousands of pucks on training cards and spend like 20 mins upgrading every player before every game if you are serious about competing? Mind boggling.
Well, in 12, the best players where guys that didn't even play an NHL game yet...
The point is that every Parise is equal, and you don't have to give him an 80 game contract, and then training so that he has a normal contract

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Well, in 12, the best players where guys that didn't even play an NHL game yet...
The point is that every Parise is equal, and you don't have to give him an 80 game contract, and then training so that he has a normal contract
I just hate how worthless training is now and how there is nothing really to strive for once you get your players. You would think the player market would go up now given that once you get a card it is immortal, so I don't see why anyone would sell a star for 20k, though the market will likely go down because there is no real value being traded. Obviously the biggest market right now is scamming people with training and contract cards who don't know the system has been turned on its head

Old
09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
DG

vCash: 500
Quote:
WOW. Training cards only last for ONE game at a time in HUT mode now?!?!?!? I upgraded the hell out of Parise and my goaltender, gave them all my best upgrades, like 20k+ worth of training cards, and then I noticed after the game that they were saying they had no training. Checked online and it sounds like it is universal, training cards only last one game.... How the hell is this supposed to work? We are supposed to drop tens of thousands of pucks on training cards and spend like 20 mins upgrading every player before every game if you are serious about competing? Mind boggling.
Pretty glad I read this before I started putting any heavy investment in to my HUT.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Which is a good thing. Traingcards should be removed completly, the give unfair advantages.

There are so many teams to build in UT and yet i keep hearing pissed of fans wineing about traingcards. Some people needs to understand that hockey exists outside NA.

Build a russian team, finnish team, powerforward team, selteam, delteam, under20 team, speedteam etc etc etc. There is so much fun but all everyone does is the same old nhlteam and they keep complaing that HUT is boring. Trainingcards are bad for the game. Hopefully EA have tournaments like "Finnish tournament - only finnish players" or "under 20 european tournment - Requiers player under the age 20 or 20 years old from europe" with amazing prices so people start exploring HUT like its suppose to be.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Nope. Not going to be supporting NHL products at this point in time.

Its a shame, the game sounds great and I would love to play.
I'm with you man, they'll never learn until we put our money back in our pockets.

This is the first time I haven't ever bought a game from this series since '94. I'd love to!

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Just get it. There's not even going to be NHL this year, so how else are you going to get your NHL fix?

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Just get it. There's not even going to be NHL this year, so how else are you going to get your NHL fix?
I don't want my NHL fix. I want to watch NHL games or nothing at all.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
I don't want my NHL fix. I want to watch NHL games or nothing at all.
Just play them in Be a GM mode

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

I am fine if they elimi ate training cards, the problem is that they are still in the game, so at the most competitive levels they are quite important and there is no clear explanation or warning that they only last one game now.

Old
09-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Abduljabbar
Rookie User

NHL Moments is killing my soul. I hate the Be A Pro style plays.

Abduljabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abduljabbar View Post
NHL Moments is killing my soul. I hate the Be A Pro style plays.
Do you mean the camera view? You can change it.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 12:32 AM
leova

last good nhl game I played was NHL 2k8 - is it possible to work the sliders/settings to get this game to that level of sim-quality play?

and whats all this garbage about "HUT" mode? don't tell me you can play as Jabba...

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
and whats all this garbage about "HUT" mode? don't tell me you can play as Jabba...
No, Joba Chamberlain is only in MLB 2K12.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 01:14 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

2k8 had awesome goalies but don't act like it was a great hockey game. Even with some of the better community sliders that added a more realistic weight/momentum to the players, the core of the game was still pretty clunky.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 01:33 AM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
2k8 had awesome goalies but don't act like it was a great hockey game. Even with some of the better community sliders that added a more realistic weight/momentum to the players, the core of the game was still pretty clunky.
whatever, me and my brother had fun with it, and still do when we both visit home or each other. no need to rag on a beloved old game

made some custom teams with cool rosters, always have intense, close, fun games

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:41 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Yeah, I wanted to like it, but I could never get in to it. Clunky is a good way to describe it.

I had been a 2K guy between 2K5 and 2K7 too, until NHL 07 introduced the skill stick (well that, and it became the only option after).

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Trap Jesus

I think I'll end up liking it better in the long run but right now I have to say I absolutely hate the skating in this game. It feels so slow and clunky and it doesn't feel like I have full control of my players. It's also so easy for me to get pinned in my own zone or retrieve pucks that are dumped in because my d-men can't adjust quick enough.

If I played a game on pro in NHL 12 I'd get 30+ shots, hold them to under 10, and I'd win by 10 goals if not more, but now I'm tying them in shots in the teens, and just barely beating them. It can somewhat be attributed to the improved AI I guess, but I think the skating is the main reason.

Again, in the long run I think I'll appreciate it being more realistic, and come to like it more, but right now, it's really frustrating.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I think I'll end up liking it better in the long run but right now I have to say I absolutely hate the skating in this game. It feels so slow and clunky and it doesn't feel like I have full control of my players. It's also so easy for me to get pinned in my own zone or retrieve pucks that are dumped in because my d-men can't adjust quick enough.

If I played a game on pro in NHL 12 I'd get 30+ shots, hold them to under 10, and I'd win by 10 goals if not more, but now I'm tying them in shots in the teens, and just barely beating them. It can somewhat be attributed to the improved AI I guess, but I think the skating is the main reason.

Again, in the long run I think I'll appreciate it being more realistic, and come to like it more, but right now, it's really frustrating.
Do you use that new pokecheck where you swat at the puck? I rarely get trapped in my zone in this year's game because that feature makes it really easy to get the puck around the boards without waiting for your player to pick the puck up. Also, if you can, use pokecheck more. Pokechecking in this game is significantly improved over NHL 12's pokecheck (which actually really benefited me because I hardly use sticklift and almost exclusively use pokechecking in these games).

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Krishna

Not a fan of them increasing the drop in timer.. now you have clowns just sitting in the room forever

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Not a fan of them increasing the drop in timer.. now you have clowns just sitting in the room forever
Good lord that's the last thing they needed to do.

09-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Datstromberg

just watched the review on ign and i cant believe the animations are still as horrible as they are. every time i play a hockey game i cant help but think ea sports could do so much better. it looks like a beer league game with the players wearing nhl uniforms... dont get nhl 13 because there is going to be a lockout. save the 60 bucks and get nhl vault its 5 bucks per month and you get tons of great classic games.

Datstromberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 05:44 PM
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Good lord that's the last thing they needed to do.
No kidding! They doubled the time from 1:30 to 3:00 IIRC. They should have made it shorter to 1:00. What a

CoRD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

The gameplay is so sluggish ack.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote