HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Broomball in Philadelphia

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in forming a team?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Broomball in Philadelphia

As far as I know, there are no broomball leagues around the Philadelphia area. Most non-Canadians probably don't know much about the sport, if anything at all. Here's a highlight package of some advanced broomball players:

I post this because I'm in the process of possibly starting a league at Iceworks in Aston, PA. So, if such a league would be offered in the Philadelphia area, would you be interested in forming a team?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Xegiie

vCash: 500
wow those guys trying to run.. or what ever look silly, and those goalies look even more silly

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:26 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

That looks awesome!

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
As far as I know, there are no broomball leagues around the Philadelphia area. Most non-Canadians probably don't know much about the sport, if anything at all. Here's a highlight package of some advanced broomball players:

I post this because I'm in the process of possibly starting a league at Iceworks in Aston, PA. So, if such a league would be offered in the Philadelphia area, would you be interested in forming a team?
My cousin's boyfriend starting playing this, and now he has my brother-in-law hooked. They play somewhere in Roxborough on the weekends, so you might be able to play there. Apparently they provide all of the equipment, the first time you go it is free and then it is ten dollars every time after that...aka the drug dealer approach.

I am an ice hockey snob though, and most likely will never play. I live in the burbs, so Roxborough is a hike for me, and since I am a goalie I can play for free public hockey at my local rink 15 minutes from my house.

Also, I equated floor ball to Ultimate Frisbee. Ultimate Frisbee is to Football what Floor Ball is to Hockey. Although, I do love me some Ultimate. I just feel like if I can still play hockey, why play hockey lite?

Superman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:28 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
I used to work at grundy and we used to have broomball league over the summer to fill ice slots.. haven't been there in a few years though so not sure if they still do it but its a ton of fun, I can vouch for that.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:02 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

I'd play. Looks fun.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman33 View Post
My cousin's boyfriend starting playing this, and now he has my brother-in-law hooked. They play somewhere in Roxborough on the weekends, so you might be able to play there. Apparently they provide all of the equipment, the first time you go it is free and then it is ten dollars every time after that...aka the drug dealer approach.

I am an ice hockey snob though, and most likely will never play. I live in the burbs, so Roxborough is a hike for me, and since I am a goalie I can play for free public hockey at my local rink 15 minutes from my house.

Also, I equated floor ball to Ultimate Frisbee. Ultimate Frisbee is to Football what Floor Ball is to Hockey. Although, I do love me some Ultimate. I just feel like if I can still play hockey, why play hockey lite?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
I used to work at grundy and we used to have broomball league over the summer to fill ice slots.. haven't been there in a few years though so not sure if they still do it but its a ton of fun, I can vouch for that.
My reading comprehension skills are garbage, that and I didn't even bother to watch the video clip. Your comment about Grundy made me realize I was talking about something completely different in my post. Broom Ball (on Ice) is one of the hardest things I have ever done, and I didn't find it to be that much fun. Floor Ball (on regular floor) is something completely different and looks ten times more fun than Broom Ball. At least with Floor Ball the game is playable, Broom Ball is pretty much impossible to accomplish anything. Shoes on ice is bad news.

Superman33 is offline   Reply With Quote