HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tangradi's next contract

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2012, 08:35 PM
  #51
steelcityassault
Registered User
 
steelcityassault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
I would say 80%. He did get some chances with the big boys. He has not proven in anyway shape or form that he can consistently score or really even score at all on this level. It will come, but it would be insane to just plug him in up on the top 6. Playing in the top 6 doesn't make you exempt from scoring by the way.
Rangers just put Chris Kreider, a kid who hasn't played a pro game, on a top line with Callahan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Asham has 5 goals each season playing mostly 4th line duty and he only logged 44 and 64 games respectively. Rupp scored 9 goals and had 8 assists in a 4th line role. I am not buying this nonsense at all.
Yeah, let's compare two veterans in fighting roles that are tapped out talent-wise, with a power forward rookie who is still learning the game and developing.

Ryan Clowe's first 20 games in the NHL - 2 points.

Good thing you didn't run the Sharks either, huh

steelcityassault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:36 PM
  #52
PenguinTommy
Registered User
 
PenguinTommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zvolen
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Name me one person who wants Tangradi in the top 6 starting next year.
Are you serious? Just read this thread and you see people who would put him into the top-6. Or other threads as well.

It's been a same ol' story how we should put Tangradi with Sid or Geno.

Or should I name you one name from the Pens team? Thankfully, no one wants that !

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:38 PM
  #53
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityassault View Post
Rangers just put Chris Kreider, a kid who hasn't played a pro game, on a top line with Callahan.



Yeah, let's compare two veterans in fighting roles that are tapped out talent-wise, with a power forward rookie who is still learning the game and developing.

Ryan Clowe's first 20 games in the NHL - 2 points.

Good thing you didn't run the Sharks either, huh
Why is it a good thing?? Did I say they should cut him? By the way, are you gonna thank Jiggyfly now or later??

...and if I am correct, wasn't Tangradi put with Geno to start his career? No two players are alike.

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:38 PM
  #54
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
Are you serious? Just read this thread and you see people who would put him into the top-6. Or other threads as well.

It's been a same ol' story how we should put Tangradi with Sid or Geno.

Or should I name you one name from the Pens team? Thankfully, no one wants that !
Are there? I haven't noticed. Tell me some names from this board. Or at least quote the posts you think people are saying they want him in the top 6.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:40 PM
  #55
PenguinTommy
Registered User
 
PenguinTommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zvolen
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityassault View Post
Rangers just put Chris Kreider, a kid who hasn't played a pro game, on a top line with Callahan.
Kreider and Tangradi.. huge difference bro!

Kreider was deal-breaker in Nash trade

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:41 PM
  #56
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge27 View Post
Then put Kunitz with Sid and Tango with Malkin. Top 6 in juniors, international play, etc. Kid has been a playmaker for the last 5 years, then is expected to just become a grinder with no growing pains? Hes also played with good offensive talent in Belleville, Wb/S, and USA. Now hes with Adams and Vitale. Now why isnt he producing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I made the mistake of thinking Tangradi couldn't keep up with Sid. He made me eat my words. After watching him this past season, you don't really have an excuse for thinking he can't.
This eludes to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Put him with Sid. Kids got potential you can tell by the way he was playing towards the end of the year.
Way to call him out and be dead wrong. There was only 3 pages

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:43 PM
  #57
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
This eludes to it



Way to call him out and be dead wrong. There was only 3 pages
mpp I guarantee you doesn't want him in the top 6, and the other two aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed in regards to hockey knowledge, so excuse me if I don't take those posts seriously.

The point is that he's arguing about something that mostly nobody even wants.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:45 PM
  #58
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
mpp I guarantee you doesn't want him in the top 6, and the other two aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed in regards to hockey knowledge, so excuse me if I don't take those posts seriously.

The point is that he's arguing about something that mostly nobody even wants.
Then why are you all over Bylsma then? What is your point?

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:47 PM
  #59
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Then why are you all over Bylsma then? What is your point?
Am I all over Bylsma right now? As for my point I just said what it was (at least in my discussion with PenguinTommy, not you) in your quote of my post.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:47 PM
  #60
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Name me one person who wants Tangradi in the top 6 starting next year.
Next time own it by the way. You really called him out and tried to make him look stupid and then didn't even admit that people said that. Not cool in my book.

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:49 PM
  #61
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I think it's a combination of who he was playing with, getting used to the speed of the NHL game, and worrying about making even the smallest mistake for fear of being benched that resulted in him not being very productive. Every single one of those things gets rectifiied with more NHL playing time.

You need a coach who trusts in your abilities and keeps putting you out there though.
Is this not going at Bylsma?

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:49 PM
  #62
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Next time own it by the way. You really called him out and tried to make him look stupid and then didn't even admit that people said that. Not cool in my book.
Am I supposed to care that it's not "cool in your book"?

What's not "cool in my book" is when people claim that all of these imagined people are clamoring for something to happen, then argue about it for pages upon pages, when in reality only one or two people mentioned it one time.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:51 PM
  #63
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Is this not going at Bylsma?
Is one post about the reason why I believe Tangradi had a hard time producing being "all over Bylsma" (in your words)?

Something else that's also "not cool in my book" is when people read way too much into what I say. The funny thing is that I agree with you that Tangradi should produce before he's given a shot in the top 6, and he should have put up more points at this point in his career. I was merely pointing out the factors that caused it to some extent.

It's give and take. Bylsma needs to show faith in the kid, but he also has to do something to reward Bylsma's faith as well.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:53 PM
  #64
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Am I supposed to care that it's not "cool in your book"?

What's not "cool in my book" is when people claim that all of these imagined people are clamoring for something to happen, then argue about it for pages upon pages, when in reality only one or two people mentioned it one time.
I am done, I am not interested in arguing just for the sake or arguing. When, I say "name me one person who said......." and somebody proves me wrong, I usually back off and say my bad. I guess some people just refuse to say that.

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:56 PM
  #65
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
I am done, I am not interested in arguing just for the sake or arguing. When, I say "name me one person who said......." and somebody proves me wrong, I usually back off and say my bad. I guess some people just refuse to say that.
The argument wasn't even with you in the first place. You stepped in to it. I wanted him to quote those two people so he would realize that the amount of people saying this in realty weren't that many at all.

I guess some people like inserting themselves in other people's arguments though.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:58 PM
  #66
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
The argument wasn't even with you in the first place. You stepped in to it. I wanted him to quote those two people so he would realize that the amount of people saying this in realty weren't that many at all.

I guess some people like inserting themselves in other people's arguments though.
Send him a PM next time then. If not, everybody has the right to jump in. It is a message board.

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:59 PM
  #67
PenguinTommy
Registered User
 
PenguinTommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zvolen
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Are there? I haven't noticed. Tell me some names from this board. Or at least quote the posts you think people are saying they want him in the top 6.
There you go bro...

Quote:
Yeah, because giving a player a chance in the top 6 who has played a top 6 role his entire life is a horrible idea. Lets keep him with Asham and Adams, he will show his potential there.
Quote:
What I would like to see is the following:

Kunitz--Crosby--Dupuis(unless we get someone better)
Tangradi--Malkin--Neal
Cooke--Staal--Kennedy
Jeffrey--Vitale--Asham/Adams/UFA
Quote:
Tangradi's doing well in the playoffs, I know it's the AHL, but with the way he's playing, any chance you give him a chance in the top 6?

Tangradi-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Quote:
I'd prefer something like:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal.

More balanced imo.
Quote:
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis/Tangradi
Staal-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Stoll-Tangradi/Dupuis
Free agent/Jeffrey-Vitale-Kennedy
Quote:
Tangradi playing with Malkin and Neal makes far too much sense for Bylsma to try it.
Quote:
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Sill-Vitale-Adams

Orpik-Letang
Despres-Michalek
Niskanen-Engelland

Give Tangradi time with Malkin, seems like a player that would play well with him. Scored his 1st and only NHL goal on a line with Malkin and Letestu
Quote:
I say we go young...

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Tangradi-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Prust-Vitale-Tootoo
Adams, Sill

Letang-Orpik
Michalek-Despres
Strait-Engelland
Bortuzzo

Fleury
Hedberg
Quote:
Me think I'd rather give Tangradi a shot at it over Malone.
Quote:
I think Tangradi deserves a chance in the top 6. However I do agree about Boyes, don't want him.

Kunitz-Crosby-_____
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal

.... and it's just ONE freakin thread .... I could quote forever!

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:59 PM
  #68
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Send him a PM next time then. If not everybody has the right to jump in. It is a message board.
You can jump in, but don't act like you understand what we are arguing about too, or where I was trying to go in the first place.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
  #69
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
There you go bro...


.... and it's just ONE freakin thread .... I could quote forever!
Where's all this coming from, and who's saying it?

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:06 PM
  #70
PenguinTommy
Registered User
 
PenguinTommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zvolen
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Where's all this coming from, and who's saying it?
It's from North Pole and Santa Claus is saying it.. are you crazy?


Open the offseason thread, Use search column, type Tangradi and open your eyes...

What do you think I created those quotes? I am not gonna waste my time to prove you're wrong. Find another poster.

You're either blind or you're reading only those posts which you like... You really need to visit ophthalmologist if you don't see such a posts!

EDIT: plus I am not gonna put a specific names here. I am not gonna create any fight with other posters who said that. It's their opinion, mine is different. Period!


Last edited by PenguinTommy: 05-15-2012 at 09:12 PM.
PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:08 PM
  #71
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
It's from North Pole and Santa Claus is saying it.. are you crazy?


Open the offseason thread, Use search column, type Tangradi and open your eyes...

What do you think I created those quotes? I am not gonna waste my time to prove you're wrong. Find another poster.

You're either blind or you're reading only those posts who you like... You really need to visit ophthalmologist if you don't see such a posts!
I always wondered was Santa did this time of year!

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:09 PM
  #72
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
It's from North Pole and Santa Claus is saying it.. are you crazy?


Open the offseason thread, Use search column, type Tangradi and open your eyes...

What do you think I created those quotes? I am not gonna waste my time to prove you're wrong. Find another poster.

You're either blind or you're reading only those posts who you like... You really need to visit ophthalmologist if you don't see such a posts!
No I don't think you created the quotes, but there some dumb posters out there too that I have on ignore because I can't stand reading their posts.

I stand corrected I guess though if that's the case (happy froods?). We agree that he shouldn't be in the top 6 yet, but I think he has the ability to in the future. I think he'll only be a 3rd wheel, but that's all we need on this team with our cap structure.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:11 PM
  #73
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
No I don't think you created the quotes, but there some dumb posters out there too that I have on ignore because I can't stand reading their posts.

I stand corrected I guess though if that's the case (happy froods?). We agree that he shouldn't be in the top 6 yet, but I think he has the ability to in the future. I think he'll only be a 3rd wheel, but that's all we need on this team with our cap structure.
I love you man.

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:13 PM
  #74
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
I love you man.
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I was only going off of this thread. I'm amazed actually that there are that many people out there that think he should be in the top 6 to start next season.

If he starts playing well and puts up points, then we can revisit the conversation, but as of right now he should only be guaranteed a spot on the 4th line and go from there.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:16 PM
  #75
PenguinTommy
Registered User
 
PenguinTommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zvolen
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
No I don't think you created the quotes, but there some dumb posters out there too that I have on ignore because I can't stand reading their posts.

I stand corrected I guess though if that's the case (happy froods?). We agree that he shouldn't be in the top 6 yet, but I think he has the ability to in the future. I think he'll only be a 3rd wheel, but that's all we need on this team with our cap structure.
Sure, we good. I didn't want to fight or anything. There are still too many fans who would put him in that spot. I wouldn't, but that's me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I was only going off of this thread. I'm amazed actually that there are that many people out there that think he should be in the top 6 to start next season.

If he starts playing well and puts up points, then we can revisit the conversation, but as of right now he should only be guaranteed a spot on the 4th line and go from there.
For me it looks like those people would put him there cause there is a free spot. But not because he's a top-6 player.

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.