HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tangradi's next contract

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2012, 11:26 AM
  #101
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!
 
Sh00terMcGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,987
vCash: 500
Hopefully he gets a chance to work on the 3rd line next season. No way he's going to develop his offensive game while playing with guys like Adams.

Sh00terMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:09 PM
  #102
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge27 View Post
Id say even game-to-game changes as well. We lost 3 playoff games in a row 2 years straight now....
They lost 6 in a row which is pretty sad... I think it was the longest franchise streak in 25 or 30 yrs?

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:12 PM
  #103
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
Hopefully he gets a chance to work on the 3rd line next season. No way he's going to develop his offensive game while playing with guys like Adams.
Neal, Kunitz, Dupuis, TK and Cooke are all in front of him right now. Assuming we add at least one wing (or play Staal at wing) he's going to have to leapfrog over either Cooke or TK to play on the third line.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
  #104
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
So do you think he bumps Cooke or TK to the 4th line?
I personally think Cooke would be good in a 4th line role. His style of play translates well to that spot, and it would bring some scoring punch to that line. He'd still get his minutes by playing on the PK.

That's if it ever came to that point with Tangradi forcing Bylsma's hand.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:19 PM
  #105
eXile59
Shirts on.
 
eXile59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 16,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Neal, Kunitz, Dupuis, TK and Cooke are all in front of him right now. Assuming we add at least one wing (or play Staal at wing) he's going to have to leapfrog over either Cooke or TK to play on the third line.
Then don't sign anyone & put him on the third line. He isn't a fourth line player. You can't expect him to sit the bench the entire game & then produce on odd shifts. Just like you can't expect Adams to produce if he was taking a regular shift on a second line.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:24 PM
  #106
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I personally think Cooke would be good in a 4th line role. His style of play translates well to that spot, and it would bring some scoring punch to that line. He'd still get his minutes by playing on the PK.

That's if it ever came to that point with Tangradi forcing Bylsma's hand.
that would be nice if Tangradi can do it. Especially if Staal is off the third line, it'd be nice to add some size and potential scoring to that line. I hope he can come to camp and take that spot.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:25 PM
  #107
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Then don't sign anyone & put him on the third line. He isn't a fourth line player. You can't expect him to sit the bench the entire game & then produce on odd shifts. Just like you can't expect Adams to produce if he was taking a regular shift on a second line.
we shouldn't avoid signing a top 6 winger to gift Tangradi a 3rd line spot. If we don't sign anyone both TK and Dupuis are in the top 6.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
  #108
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On
 
TheRollingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,971
vCash: 500
Oh, Kennedy... Another roadblock for the prospects.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:57 PM
  #109
steelcityassault
Registered User
 
steelcityassault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
Oh, Kennedy... Another roadblock for the prospects.
Until he gets traded at the draft / this off-season

steelcityassault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:05 PM
  #110
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
Oh, Kennedy... Another roadblock for the prospects.
we should just stop signing forwards so we can always have spots for our prospects.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:07 PM
  #111
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On
 
TheRollingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
we should just stop signing forwards so we can always have spots for our prospects.
Sign players, just not average/marginal impact ones like Kennedy.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:11 PM
  #112
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Who's the penguins top 5 prospects? is tangradi one of them? And if i was bylsma i would put tangradi on crosby's line and on the 2nd power play He would be a great screener infront of goalies.

mr sidney crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:19 PM
  #113
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
Sign players, just not average/marginal impact ones like Kennedy.
were you saying that after the season he had before getting signed? Tyler Kennedy is not our problem. If we can use him for a trade I'm fine with it but its not like he's to blame for our problems. He is what he is, a pretty good 3rd line winger.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:30 PM
  #114
steelcityassault
Registered User
 
steelcityassault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
Who's the penguins top 5 prospects? is tangradi one of them? And if i was bylsma i would put tangradi on crosby's line and on the 2nd power play He would be a great screener infront of goalies.
Top 5 prospects are 1) Morrow 2) Despres 3) Tangradi 4) Bennett 5) Harrington

steelcityassault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:09 PM
  #115
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On
 
TheRollingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
were you saying that after the season he had before getting signed? Tyler Kennedy is not our problem. If we can use him for a trade I'm fine with it but its not like he's to blame for our problems. He is what he is, a pretty good 3rd line winger.
I'm talking more from an asset management point of view. He stepped it up before signing the contract, and was decent in the playoffs.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:26 PM
  #116
eXile59
Shirts on.
 
eXile59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 16,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
we should just stop signing forwards so we can always have spots for our prospects.
What players are you going to sign that are going to make such a big difference? Maybe Sullivan who should be seeing less 5 on 5 time if he is brought back. There isn't much out there which is why you develop.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:33 PM
  #117
Ziggyjoe21
Registered User
 
Ziggyjoe21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pitt
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,268
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Tangradi's slow development is not Bylsma's fault what so ever. It's not Bylsma's fault Tangradi has 1 (flukey) goal in 40 career games. I'm sure DB sees everything in ET that we see and wants him to fulfill that potential, but you don't waste ice time on an underachieving player just because he's a highly touted prospect.

Bylsma's players earn their ice time. Tangradi has rarely done anything to warrant more than 4th line minutes.


....plus, he's from Philly

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:35 PM
  #118
Ziggyjoe21
Registered User
 
Ziggyjoe21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pitt
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,268
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
IMO they'll try to get him to a sign a 2 way contract. If that doesn't work, perhaps something like $700k for one year, or $500k for 2.

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:36 PM
  #119
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Tangradi's slow development is not Bylsma's fault what so ever. It's not Bylsma's fault Tangradi has 1 (flukey) goal in 40 career games. I'm sure DB sees everything in ET that we see and wants him to fulfill that potential, but you don't waste ice time on an underachieving player just because he's a highly touted prospect.

Bylsma's players earn their ice time. Tangradi has rarely done anything to warrant more than 4th line minutes.


....plus, he's from Philly
I'd believe that if he treated his veteran players that screwed up as much as they did this season the same way he treated his younger players. Tangradi should have shown more up until this point, but he did have his moments where he played well and wasn't rewarded for it. So to sit there and say his players earn their ice time just isn't true.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:49 PM
  #120
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,901
vCash: 500
why do people defend him for not putting up any points on the 4th line?? No one is expecting him to light the lamp 15 times from there and get 35 points. I mean the rest of our 4th liners were better offensively FROM THE 4TH LINE aka they have the same amount of support that Tangradi did and Tangradi is has this huge amount of offensive upside according to folks here.

Here is a little context

Craig Adams, the man everyone hates put up 0.22 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE
Richard Park, the dusty old man put up 0.26 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE
Arron Asham, the aboriginal good put up 0.25 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE
Joe Vitale, the no hands grinder put up 0.21 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE

wait for it...

Eric Tangradi, the "3rd best prospect" put up a whopping 0.08 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE.


dont give me this no help ********. If he would have put up close to the same PPG as the guys above then ok, i can see your point...but come on.

DoctrSteveBrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:58 PM
  #121
TheEdge27
Registered User
 
TheEdge27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 531
vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
why do people defend him for not putting up any points on the 4th line?? No one is expecting him to light the lamp 15 times from there and get 35 points. I mean the rest of our 4th liners were better offensively FROM THE 4TH LINE aka they have the same amount of support that Tangradi did and Tangradi is has this huge amount of offensive upside according to folks here.
I wouldnt say huge amount of offensive upside, but a nice fit as a 3rd wheel on a line with 2 decent offensive players.

TheEdge27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:59 PM
  #122
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
What players are you going to sign that are going to make such a big difference? Maybe Sullivan who should be seeing less 5 on 5 time if he is brought back. There isn't much out there which is why you develop.
I was referring to Kennedy

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:11 PM
  #123
eXile59
Shirts on.
 
eXile59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 16,200
vCash: 500
If Tangardi was a European player who was weak on the puck but had a good shot people would love him.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:12 PM
  #124
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
If Tangardi was a European player who was weak on the puck but had a good shot people would love him.
What does this mean? A lot of posters like Tangradi.

Shady Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:14 PM
  #125
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
why do people defend him for not putting up any points on the 4th line?? No one is expecting him to light the lamp 15 times from there and get 35 points. I mean the rest of our 4th liners were better offensively FROM THE 4TH LINE aka they have the same amount of support that Tangradi did and Tangradi is has this huge amount of offensive upside according to folks here.

Here is a little context

Craig Adams, the man everyone hates put up 0.22 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE
Richard Park, the dusty old man put up 0.26 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE
Arron Asham, the aboriginal good put up 0.25 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE
Joe Vitale, the no hands grinder put up 0.21 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE

wait for it...

Eric Tangradi, the "3rd best prospect" put up a whopping 0.08 PPG FROM THE 4TH LINE.


dont give me this no help ********. If he would have put up close to the same PPG as the guys above then ok, i can see your point...but come on.
Funny how you leave out the fact all of them played consistent minutes throughout the year, as opposed to two and three game stints, where Tangradi spent most of the time on the bench.

Context is indeed a refreshing thing, when done correctly.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.