HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petersson and Claesson

Old
05-16-2012, 11:15 AM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

vCash: 500
It's quite simple. There are plenty of players in the organization that have a great shot in specific situations. However, their shot also isn't great in special situations as well.

Spezza's wrist shot is heavy and can beat goalies clean from anywhere. His slap shot is great as well. However, he doesn't have much of a one-timer at all, and often has to stop a pass before shooting it.

Karlsson has a great slapshot and one-timer, and but the release on his wrist shot is quite slow if compared to any great goal scorer.

Silfverberg's wrist and snap shot are great. He release is lightning quick and he can beat the goalie from anywhere in the offensive zone. That being said, he does need a bit of space to pull it off, and the puck needs to be in his wheelhouse for him to really get off the perfect shot.

-

What makes Petersson's shot unique is the range he has on it. He shot is great in every situation, in that he can roof it upstairs on his backhand while in tight with the goaltender, beat the goalie clean from the blueline with a slapshot, rip a one-timer top corner far side on a hard cross-ice pass or snipe a goal from the top of the circles before the goalie reacts to the shot. Not only that, his shot is just as great whether the puck is sitting in his wheelhouse, or not in that he can rip the shot where he wants even if the puck is too far in front of him, or behind his body, or sitting too close to his skates. That's a skill that separates the great goal scorers from those are just really good.

Petersson might not make the NHL, due to his size and ability to play at a high level in all aspects of the game, but in terms of pure shot ability, there isn't anyone better in the organization.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Grigo25*

Silfverberg's shot is better than Petersson's, without a doubt.

Grigo25* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
Well...They're both Swedish.

Both can speak perfect Swedish.

One would assume they enjoy meatballs.

The both represented Swedish at the World Junior level. At different times of course.

They both will have played for the Binghamton Senators.

Claesson is a friend of Mika Zibanejad and Petersen is a friend of Erik Karlsson. They both have other friends though.
Is this confirmed?

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:00 PM
KarlSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Is this confirmed?
Facebbok friends count, right!

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Upgrayedd
Earn'em and Burn'em

Quote:
Well...They're both Swedish.

Both can speak perfect Swedish.

One would assume they enjoy meatballs.

The both represented Swedish at the World Junior level. At different times of course.

They both will have played for the Binghamton Senators.

Claesson is a friend of Mika Zibanejad and Petersen is a friend of Erik Karlsson. They both have other friends though.
Claesson, Zibanejad, Petersen and Karlsson all enjoy Swedish berries.......Swedish!

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Grigo25*

They say Petersson is a dancing queen on the ice. Very elite arsenal of skating and puck handling. He always played hockey with his friends as a child, and his mother didn't even know that he was out. When he scores, you just have to say "mamma mia!" because you just witnessed greatness.

During the 4th round of the 08 draft, Petersson was waiting by the phone, just pleading that a team would take a chance on him. Well, the Sens did. Petersson's SOS was answered.

Petersson has a climb to reach the NHL. He will make it, but he will have to bide his time in the AHL. That's just the name of the game.

I remember watching him at the World Juniors. One game, man, there was something in the air that night. Petersson dominated that game and that tourney. Petersson is a winner, and in the end, the winner takes all.

Old
05-16-2012, 04:19 PM
The King of Town

Petersson's a GUNNER Gord, a GUNNER!

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:50 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Turn your speakers back on and crank those *****es!

MUCH BETTER!!! After the other video without mute...

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Grigo25*

Petersson will have a HUGE year next year. He's something special. With time, watch out.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:34 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Silfverberg's wrist and snap shot are great. He release is lightning quick and he can beat the goalie from anywhere in the offensive zone. That being said, he does need a bit of space to pull it off, and the puck needs to be in his wheelhouse for him to really get off the perfect shot.
With all due respect, I don't think you've watch Silfverberg play if that's your assessment on him. He needs nothing but a split second to get his shot away even in heavy traffic where others wouldn't think to shoot. If he has space and it's in his wheelhouse, he'd score almost every time.. If not he'd still have a scoring shot anyway.

He has the best shot I've seen in so long.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

It's threads like these that make me truly believe that we're going to bolster our D via the trading of our younger prospects and/or that not everyone will turn out like we envision.

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:00 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Is this confirmed?
I don't speculate, *****.

I only speak the god damned truth.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

There was a one-timer from silf in this playoffs that was just insane. Wish I had the video of it. Even made some of Turris' stuff look bad. I'm pretty impressed with the Petersson video too. As the other poster mentioned, he has a knack for turning a bad pass into a dangerous shot on net. Reminds me of Heatley (wretch).

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:07 PM
alxmrtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber View Post
They say Petersson is a dancing queen on the ice. Very elite arsenal of skating and puck handling. He always played hockey with his friends as a child, and his mother didn't even know that he was out. When he scores, you just have to say "mamma mia!" because you just witnessed greatness.

During the 4th round of the 08 draft, Petersson was waiting by the phone, just pleading that a team would take a chance on him. Well, the Sens did. Petersson's SOS was answered.

Petersson has a climb to reach the NHL. He will make it, but he will have to bide his time in the AHL. That's just the name of the game.

I remember watching him at the World Juniors. One game, man, there was something in the air that night. Petersson dominated that game and that tourney. Petersson is a winner, and in the end, the winner takes all.
Awesome

alxmrtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Petersson is a very long shot to make the NHL. I say he doesn't make it

It was worth a try though.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:51 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
I don't speculate, *****.

I only speak the god damned truth.
You mean you're not a Waffler?

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Grigo25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Petersson is a very long shot to make the NHL. I say he doesn't make it

It was worth a try though.
He's not a long shot.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Grigo25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestea View Post
Awesome
Somebody payed attention!

Old
05-17-2012, 11:17 AM
metalfoot
Karlsson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber View Post

Quoted for the copious ABBA references.

metalfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfoot View Post
Quoted for the copious ABBA references.
I knew something was up...

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:49 PM
jbeck5

pierre dorion just came into my work (sportchek at place) and I talked to him for half an hour. he was getting baseball cleats because hes coaching his sons baseball team.

anyways! a few points he made. im being 100% honest btw.

- peterson's shot is better then silfverberg. peterson however needs to be more commited to making the nhl. I asked about this because of the arguments on hfboards...he said "you can tell them pierre dorion says 100% that peterson's shot is better" but that silfverberg is by far the better complete prospect...He asked if i go on senatereform, and i said yes, but mostly hfboards and he laughed and said a few guys in the organization check it out...but wouldn't say who. Pierre,however doesn't. He has, but he doesn't.

-silf will be a star. maybe not this year, but in 2-3 years.

-turris and wiercioch are friends and spending 24/7 in the gym.

-he just met with murray today. finalized draft list yesterday.wants defence but ultimately bpa.

-weir is 100% recovered

im at work so ill add as I have time as theres a bit more he said.

Last edited by jbeck5: 05-17-2012 at 05:34 PM.
jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
pierre dorion just came into my work (sportchek at place) and I talked to him for half an hour. he was getting baseball cleats because hes coaching his sons baseball team.

anyways! a few points he made. im being 100% honest btw.

- peterson's shot is better then silfverberg. peterson however needs to be more commited to making the nhl.

-silf will be a star. maybe not this year, but in 2-3 years.

-turris and wiercioch are friends and spending 24/7 in the gym.

-he just met with murray today. finalized draft list yesterday.wants defence but ultimately bpa.

-weir is 100% recovered

im at work so ill add as I have time as theres a bit more he said.
If this conversation actually happened, this is the best news out of all of it. Those 2 bulking up all summer is great news

Philadelphia Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:03 PM
jbeck5

-doesnt seem to think much of filatov...they might qualify him. said he was better at 18.

-murray asked dorion permission to move 2nd in turris deal...dorion said do it, youve given me so many picks last year.

-peterson is third most skilled player in the org. but isnt as.commited as the others.

-he asked me if I heard about the mtl gm rumours. apparently not true.

Last edited by jbeck5: 05-17-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old
05-17-2012, 04:30 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
-doesnt seem to think much of filatov...they might qualify him. said he was better at 16.

-murray asked dorion permission to move 2nd in turris deal...dorion said do it, youve given me so many picks last year.

-peterson is third most skilled player in the org. but isnt as.commited as the others.

-he asked me if I heard about the mtl gm rumours. apparently not true.
I wonder if this means he's going back to Sweden next year?

JonnyMacSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:25 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
If this conversation actually happened, this is the best news out of all of it. Those 2 bulking up all summer is great news
That's what i said. I was like a giddy school girl bringing up player after player. When i mentioned turris for his release, and asked if weircioch is 100% healed he said something along the lines of "yeah, actually they're really good friends...they're both at the gym together right now. They're working out a lot getting stronger." and my response was "good to hear, if there's any 2 players who need to gain weight/strength, it's those two." and he chuckled and said "yeah".