HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Last one out turn off the lights.... and CLOSE the door

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

vCash: 500
The itemization in the game is also messed. Pretty much every legendary in the game is terrible, at least compared to some of the better rares at the same level. There are white items you can buy from vendors that have higher base damage than some of the legendary weapons at 60. High end rares pretty much dominate the game gear-wise.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
The itemization in the game is also messed. Pretty much every legendary in the game is terrible, at least compared to some of the better rares at the same level. There are white items you can buy from vendors that have higher base damage than some of the legendary weapons at 60. High end rares pretty much dominate the game gear-wise.
Yeah, I've noticed that.

I got a Leoric's Crown that dropped for me, and it's a pretty weak roll. (Except for the high armor and 4% life.)

I'm hoping they get adjusted. I could understand if some legendaries were worse because of a bad roll, but seems like the rule is that they suck.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:29 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
I had that talk with a friend yesterday. The economic model of the game is totally borked right now.

There's no reason to level the artisans, and no reason to even salvage unused gear for mats. Selling one blue item gives you enough gold to buy 8-10 units of salvage mats instead of the 1-2 you'd get from doing it yourself. It's cheaper to buy gems than train the jeweler up to do it yourself too. Even if he was trained, it's cheaper to sell 3 gems and buy the next level up than it is to pay him to combine them.

The most effective way to play is to stack gold find and buy your upgrades from the AH, not to go out and find good items like you did before.

I hope they come up with a way to fix these things.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that.

I got a Leoric's Crown that dropped for me, and it's a pretty weak roll. (Except for the high armor and 4% life.)

I'm hoping they get adjusted. I could understand if some legendaries were worse because of a bad roll, but seems like the rule is that they suck.
Here is part of the issue: The RM AH isn't up yet, so anyone who got a well itemized Legendary is either A) Using it for themselves or B) Saving it for the RM AH.

Blizz needs to adjust HOW they random the stats, for example, a good wizard weapon should have +high intell with random other stats. Should be for every weapon. Instead, they are just hitting the random. So, when you combine the chance of getting a legendary with the chance of it pulling the stats to make a GOOD item, its pretty low. I'm currently at level 43 in Act III in nightmare and haven't seen a single legendary drop yet.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

I'm a wiz and all the good rares I find are for DH, WHAT THE **** BLIZZARD!!!

Old
05-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

I literally have no clue what is being talked about right now.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Armor and helmets and stuff like that that you can find in Diablo.

Old
05-24-2012, 01:03 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Here is part of the issue: The RM AH isn't up yet, so anyone who got a well itemized Legendary is either A) Using it for themselves or B) Saving it for the RM AH.

Blizz needs to adjust HOW they random the stats, for example, a good wizard weapon should have +high intell with random other stats. Should be for every weapon. Instead, they are just hitting the random. So, when you combine the chance of getting a legendary with the chance of it pulling the stats to make a GOOD item, its pretty low. I'm currently at level 43 in Act III in nightmare and haven't seen a single legendary drop yet.
I'm fine with legendaries being hard to come by. I mean, the name of the game is the item hunt. Or at least it's supposed to be.

The current paradigm is to accumulate gold, then buy what you want, instead of going out to find it yourself.

Old
05-24-2012, 01:16 PM
OkimLom

I just came in to say thanks for changing the OT title thread to what is now...Thank You

Old
05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
This.

-----

And for those who have me on FB, nothing like bringing the whole dating thing up last night only to hear this morning from the ex that she is not only already dating, but he has already met my son and he is coming up here to meet me when she comes to pick my son up next.

Old
05-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
This.

-----

And for those who have me on FB, nothing like bringing the whole dating thing up last night only to hear this morning from the ex that she is not only already dating, but he has already met my son and he is coming up here to meet me when she comes to pick my son up next.
Wait - - Why is he coming to meet you? There is absolutely NO reason for that. She's allowed to introduce him to N, but you do NOT have to meet him. I'd say no way to that.

Sounds like she is just trying to "rub it in". Ha. More like poor new guy.

Old
05-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Clock

Quote:
This.

-----

What I get out of that is that she still obviously really cares, otherwise she wouldn't have gone out of her way to tell you that. Talk about showing your hand.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Afino
The Juice

Really cares about what? Me? About rubbing it in as PK puts it?

I mean, I am focused on being mature about it, but I'm also of the thought they have been already dating for like two years so it's pretty serious

Old
05-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Clock

Quote:
Really cares about what? Me? About rubbing it in as PK puts it?
Whether it's rubbing it in or not, the fact that she's still bending over backward to make sure you know is pretty lame on her part. Just saying - don't give her the satisfaction of caring back.

Get your date on, son.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Afino
The Juice

I plan on it.

I'm just going to be mature about it, make it a quick meeting, and move on.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Is your kid going to be there when you meet this guy? If he isn't, dress up in something insane like a giant Barney outfit just to screw with them.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Hmmmm... Afino is talking dating. My wife's best friend is talking dating... hmmm.... Decisions, decisions....

05-24-2012, 02:46 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Hmmmm... Afino is talking dating. My wife's best friend is talking dating... hmmm.... Decisions, decisions....
Do the ages line up relatively close?

Old
05-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Is your kid going to be there when you meet this guy? If he isn't, dress up in something insane like a giant Barney outfit just to screw with them.

Yes he will be there. Which scares me even more. What if he runs into his arms?

Old
05-24-2012, 02:54 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:

Yes he will be there. Which scares me even more. What if he runs into his arms?
You could always give him a subtle warning about what he's getting into, but based on your posts sounds like you're going to take the high road.

Or you could just recite Liam Neeson's monologue from Taken, replacing references to his daughter with your son.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
You could always give him a subtle warning about what he's getting into, but based on your posts sounds like you're going to take the high road.

Or you could just recite Liam Neeson's monologue from Taken, replacing references to his daughter with your son.
Do this. You'd also have to replace the "I will find you" part with something like "I will hunt you down."

Old
05-24-2012, 03:20 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I'm not sure about your while situation, but that does sound pretty strange.

Good luck with it man.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
There are some randoms that I have met that are legendary. Overall most suck.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
This.

-----

It happens, certainly sucks knowing there is another adult in the picture around your kids. Best you can do is hope he's not a ****** and pray.

I made one exception (last summer) but outside of that, it's a 2-3 month time period before kids are introduced.

Old
05-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Afino
The Juice

I'm afraid that he'll start having fun with this person and then he'll come home to me and not quite have that same level of fun, and he'll hold it against me later despite me having that level of love for him only a dad can.

For example fishing. I don't know how to fish. If "new dad" takes him fishing, how am I supposed to counter that especially if he demands that I do that with him. Learn how to fish myself?

I just get really afraid of that resentment...

Old
05-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Afino
The Juice

I mean, I have limited disposable income, live in an apartment so he doesn't have a yard really, so a lot of the usual "kid stuff" like playhouses is out of the question at least for now. I kinda feel trapped.

Closed Thread