HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roberto Luongo II

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I was mocking a commercial, not comparing value...Jesus...and that contract is ugly. If you don't think so...keep it.
Obviously

Whats the point of Sarcastic answers?

I'd gladly keep Luongo & his contract! Hes still a top 10 NHL goalie with a great cap hit & despite what a lot of people in & out of my fan base say he is still an elite goalie in this league.

Good luck making the playoffs with goaltending that produces .900 save %.

Last edited by Scottrockztheworld*: 05-16-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old
05-16-2012, 04:17 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
You missed the conditional 1st which according to alot of people is a guarantee as Luongo will get us to the playoffs.
It's still not enough.

If we're trading Edler I'd like it to be in a packaged deal for a 1st line/1st pairing player.

Old
05-16-2012, 04:45 PM
DanCloutiers5hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post

There is absolutely no way Canucks make that second deal.

Edler is the better defenseman out of two.

Luongo for Kadri and a 2nd wouldn't enough.

Just terrible.

I have no problem with my posts getting flamed but just to make things clear there's a reason i labeled the second deal as "extreme", i also stated it needed contingencies ( if Weber were to sign). I was just throwing it out there to get an idea how leafs fans value our players. I'm just trying to find a medium between nucks and leaf fans to have some sort of productive banter on these proposals instead of nucks fan trying to "sell" Luongo, and leafs non stop complaining about his " albatross" of a contract..... By the way i hate when that term is used as a way to some how justify peoples points about his contract, i doubt half of the people using "albatross" even know the connotation behind it.

Last edited by DanCloutiers5hole: 05-16-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old
05-16-2012, 05:16 PM
RECsGuy*

My money is on Schneider being traded, NOT Luongo.

What Cory will yield has a better chance of helping Vancouver on the offensive side of the puck, which is the Canucks' REAL problem.

It's all about asset management. Buy low. Sell high.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:21 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post

There is absolutely no way Canucks make that second deal.

Edler is the better defenseman out of two.

Luongo for Kadri and a 2nd wouldn't enough.

Just terrible.
Terrible is the 10 years left on a 33 year old goalie's contract that never has proven to be a "big game goalie" in the league

Old
05-16-2012, 05:23 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Terrible is the 10 years left on a 33 year old goalie's contract that never has proven to be a "big game goalie" in the league
Terrible is the uneducated fans who dont bother to fact check.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:23 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatles View Post
yeah..... no.

Like has been stated NUMEROUS times that lifer contract isn't as bad as the majority of people make it out to be. And "Edler-Gardiner" no
So keep him Vancouver

Old
05-16-2012, 05:25 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Terrible is the uneducated fans who dont bother to fact check.
So start shooting those facts my way, I'd love to hear you justify why Luongo is so great and the rest of the league should be on their knees, begging the Nucks for his services

Old
05-16-2012, 05:34 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
So start shooting those facts my way, I'd love to hear you justify why Luongo is so great and the rest of the league should be on their knees, begging the Nucks for his services
He's won plenty of big games, he's lost his fair share as well.

Just like every other elite goalie.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:35 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
or you could just read the 6082 other posts on the subject and bring yourself up to date.

Just curious, when what the last time the Leafs made the playoffs?

Old
05-16-2012, 05:40 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
He's won plenty of big games, he's lost his fair share as well.

Just like every other elite goalie.
Lou has been on one of the best teams in hockey for a few years, some of those other guys haven't. Lou has lost more big games than he has won and don't include the Olympic Gold as a big win, he was very ordinary for Canada.

Roberto is one of the most overrated players in hockey

Old
05-16-2012, 05:43 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
or you could just read the 6082 other posts on the subject and bring yourself up to date.

Just curious, when what the last time the Leafs made the playoffs?
So the Leafs not making the playoffs is your response as to why teams should be overpaying for Luongo? Luongo to the Leafs does not guarantee anything, remember when he played down south? How many times did he lead the Panthers to the playoffs?

If Luongo is so great, why isn't Vancouver doing everything they can to make this guy happy?

Old
05-16-2012, 05:45 PM
SiCKNESS

**** Kadri. I dont want that little POS on Vancouver at all. Keep him far far away.

Colborne, Schenn and Holzer/2nd?

Old
05-16-2012, 05:46 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Lou has been on one of the best teams in hockey for a few years, some of those other guys haven't. Lou has lost more big games than he has won and don't include the Olympic Gold as a big win, he was very ordinary for Canada.

His stats, should they continue at the same at or near a close pace put him near the top of the list in most goalie statistical catagories will havin played a good number of years on one of the worst teams.

Quote:
So the Leafs not making the playoffs is your response as to why teams should be overpaying for Luongo? Luongo to the Leafs does not guarantee anything, remember when he played down south? How many times did he lead the Panthers to the playoffs?

If Luongo is so great, why isn't Vancouver doing everything they can to make this guy happy?
Those teams were much much worse then Toronto.

Who says they aren't? We can move Luongo, or Schneider. Or probably keep them both for another year.

But if Luongo is going to be moved that is just how highly they regard Schneider and shouldn't be seen as a slight against Luongo. They just think he's as good but younger and cheaper.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
I'll give you the coles notes version since you can't do research on your own.

We will start early in his career

1) Highest drafted goalie in QMJHL history at 2nd overall
2) 1st season as a starter for Val-d'Or posted 32 wins, club record
3) Award Mike Bossy Trophy - Best professional prospect
4) Holds all time records for Games played, Minutes played, Wins, and Shots face in QMJHL playoffs

NHL Draft

1) Highest Drafted Goalie in the NHL at the time - 4th overall (bit of irony here, as Toronto actually held that pick)

NHL Career

1) only 1 of 2 goaltenders to have 7 consecutive 30+ win seasons
2) Vezina Finalist 3 years
3) Jennings winner
4) Career Sv % of .917 which is higher than Brodeur's Career Sv %
despite facing a crap ton more shots than Brodeur due to Florida's inept defense while he was there
5) First goalie in a long time to be named Captain of his team

Team Canada

1) 2004 World Cup - Gold
2) 2003 World Championships - Gold
3) 2004 World Championships - Gold
4) 2010 Winter Olympics - Gold

That's a pretty damn good resume.
and that's only the tip of Luongo

Last edited by Vorkosh: 05-16-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old
05-16-2012, 05:52 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECsGuy View Post
My money is on Schneider being traded, NOT Luongo.

What Cory will yield has a better chance of helping Vancouver on the offensive side of the puck, which is the Canucks' REAL problem.

It's all about asset management. Buy low. Sell high.
Stay tuned. You are about to lose some money.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post

4) Holds all time records for Games played, Minutes played, Wins, and Shots face in QMJHL playoffs

NHL Draft

1) Highest Drafted Goalie in the NHL at the time - 4th overall (bit of irony here, as Toronto actually held that pick)

NHL Career

3) Jennings winner
despite facing a crap ton more shots than Brodeur due to Florida's inept defense while he was there

Team Canada

1) 2004 World Cup - Gold

Insufficient , bad contract

Old
05-16-2012, 06:00 PM
DanCloutiers5hole

Before i make my point id like to say that 1. I am a Vancouver fan and 2. I like Luongo, but understand its a business

and don't mind either way the team decides to go concerning goal-tending.... With that being said the only reason this

thread is even open is because the media suspects that Luongo/and or Toronto want to make this trade. Therefore two

hockey mad markets are discussing trade possibilities. I'm getting annoyed at how some fans seem to think that the

Vancouver posters are trying make these things up and trying to hustle T.O. into making a deal for Luongo LOL... Now

granted everyone is entitled to an opinion but come on people give your heads a shake and stop trolling with ignorant

comments.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:08 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post

NHL Draft

NHL Career

3) Jennings winner
5) First goalie in a long time to be named Captain of his team

Team Canada

1) 2004 World Cup - Gold

you may also mention 27 playoff wins in the past 4 years, of course Toronto fans may not know of what you speak if you bring this up.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:09 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCloutiers5hole View Post
Well the reason i picked out Kadri was because i think he could be a good fit playing with Kesler and Booth (who i believe the canucks will not trade either and instead give them one full year to make it work between them). I also as a canucks fan think that a deal with toronto would only make sense if one of the 1st , Gardiner, or Kadri, were involved. Seems from the recent posts on this forum that unfortunetly the 1st and Gardiner are untouchable, but heres a go:

My Proposals

Van:

Kadri
2nd 2012
2nd 2013 or 1st 2013 - conditional on if they make the playoffs

Toronto:

Loungo

OR Something a little more extreme

Van:

Kadri
Gardiner
2nd 2012
2nd 2013 or 1st 2013 - conditional on if they make the playoffs

Toronto:

Luongo
Edler

This deal could only work/make sense if the canucks were able to pursuade Schultz to sign in Van or make a big push and land Weber ( both are questionable at the moment). We may also have to find a way to move Ballard.
Seriously...? Edler>>>Gardiner. Luongo= Kadri + 2nd and 1st 2013. With Luongo, the leafs 1st would be 15-25

Old
05-16-2012, 06:12 PM
The Pucks

Quote:

Yeah, 5 - 0 win loss record, .927 save percentage and a 1.75 gaa is pretty average for Roberto.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:29 PM
DanCloutiers5hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
Seriously...? Edler>>>Gardiner. Luongo= Kadri + 2nd and 1st 2013. With Luongo, the leafs 1st would be 15-25
Like i stated in the original post and in another one, the deal involving Edler is more for promoting debate and would/could only be contingent if the Canucks were able to land Weber. If they did land Weber ( probable huge contract) they would have to move some salary around, most likely on the back end to make it work. Therefore Edler is packaged with Luongo for prospects and picks...Since it looks like your a Tbay fan and they seem like a possible trade destination, would you want to trade for him? and what would you offer for Luongo?

Last edited by DanCloutiers5hole: 05-16-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old
05-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Like i stated in the original post and in another one, the deal involving Edler is more for promoting debate and would/could only be contingent if the Canucks were able to land Weber. If they did land Weber ( probable huge contract) they would have to move some salary around, most likely on the back end to make it work. Therefore Edler is packaged with Luongo for prospects and picks...Since it looks like your a Tbay fan and they seem like a possible trade destination, would you want to trade for him? and what would you offer for Luongo?
Even with Weber, we should keep Edler, barring overpayment. Toronto is the wrong team to try to get good value from, the kind of value we need. They don't have that high end playmaker/defenseman for next year available, and trading Luongo and Edler for futures isn't what we should be doing.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:47 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Wouldn't trade for Edler, as he's a ufa in 1 year. I think that Luongo is a lot more likely to go to Toronto. I'd probably offer something like Malone + Det 1st for Luongo + 2nd. I think Toronto would give up more, i'd rather do something like Bernier + 2nd for Connolly.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:58 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Yes, 10 year contract. That will be paying him the most in the next 6 years.

People here should know already the clauses that come with his contract. This is already part 2 of a Luongo thread... If you don't know now then there's no point in debating this with you, either lazy or don't care/sticking with what you "know."

I can't wait to see what Toronto does with their goaltending situation. Love the gongshow.

Closed Thread