HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roberto Luongo II

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I was just saying that the other poster's suggestion that if the Lightning/Leafs don't find an answer for their goaltending in the next 4 years they'll simply chalk it up to "oh well, at least we didn't get Luongo!". I think that's a pretty foolish statement.
Gotcha.

I think Yzerman would be willing to stop-gap another year, possibly 2, but certainly not 4.

Old
05-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Ahem...Tik, Janus, 29 game win streak...ahem
Oh..i know. But i only like to post about prospects i actually follow. I am sure Tampa has some quality prospects as well.

Old
05-27-2012, 11:51 PM
ChillyPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post

Leafs would take that and run laughing. Meanwhile Gillis might as well resign because that really would be the beginning of the end of the Canucks as a top team and he deservedly so should be held accountable for a stupid trade like that.
Kadri will not be traded to the Canucks.

Canucks aren't going to get anything valuable for Lu, they'll probably end up trading Schneider.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:59 AM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
Kadri will not be traded to the Canucks.

Canucks aren't going to get anything valuable for Lu, they'll probably end up trading Schneider.
Oh sweet can you tell me the lotto numbers too? Since you can tell the future and know what a team will get when the trade hasn't even gone down.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
The Leafs playoff futility has no bearing on Luongo's albatross contract.
Yes I agree its not Luongo that is all your answers to the playoffs.

I meant to say since you guys have not made the playoffs for so long you guys do not even know what is going to make you better. So arguing just seems pointless because clearly your track record goes to show you guys have no idea what you are doing generally.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:51 AM
ChillyPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Oh sweet can you tell me the lotto numbers too? Since you can tell the future and know what a team will get when the trade hasn't even gone down.
It doesn't take a psychic to know you don't trade one of your top prospects for an aging goalie with a massive contract, or that trading an unproven goalie, whose value is at an all time high is more likely to return the assets that would best help the Canucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Yes I agree its not Luongo that is all your answers to the playoffs.

I meant to say since you guys have not made the playoffs for so long you guys do not even know what is going to make you better. So arguing just seems pointless because clearly your track record goes to show you guys have no idea what you are doing generally.
You guys haven't ever won a cup, so you obviously don't know what you're doing, right?

We should only value the opinions of fans who's teams have won it, correct?

Old
05-28-2012, 10:04 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
It doesn't take a psychic to know you don't trade one of your top prospects for an aging goalie with a massive contract, or that trading an unproven goalie, whose value is at an all time high is more likely to return the assets that would best help the Canucks.

You guys haven't ever won a cup, so you obviously don't know what you're doing, right?

We should only value the opinions of fans who's teams have won it, correct?
I don't want kadri, but Lou gets you in the playoffs but have fun with Reimer and scrivens. Hint- Go sign Vokoun

Closed Thread