HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roberto Luongo II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-27-2012, 11:45 PM
  #1001
Boltsfan2029
Registered User
 
Boltsfan2029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In deleted threads
Country: United States
Posts: 6,285
vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I was just saying that the other poster's suggestion that if the Lightning/Leafs don't find an answer for their goaltending in the next 4 years they'll simply chalk it up to "oh well, at least we didn't get Luongo!". I think that's a pretty foolish statement.
Gotcha.

I think Yzerman would be willing to stop-gap another year, possibly 2, but certainly not 4.

Boltsfan2029 is offline  
Old
05-27-2012, 11:50 PM
  #1002
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Ahem...Tik, Janus, 29 game win streak...ahem
Oh..i know. But i only like to post about prospects i actually follow. I am sure Tampa has some quality prospects as well.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
05-27-2012, 11:51 PM
  #1003
ChillyPalmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post


Leafs would take that and run laughing. Meanwhile Gillis might as well resign because that really would be the beginning of the end of the Canucks as a top team and he deservedly so should be held accountable for a stupid trade like that.
Kadri will not be traded to the Canucks.

Canucks aren't going to get anything valuable for Lu, they'll probably end up trading Schneider.

ChillyPalmer is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 01:59 AM
  #1004
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
Kadri will not be traded to the Canucks.

Canucks aren't going to get anything valuable for Lu, they'll probably end up trading Schneider.
Oh sweet can you tell me the lotto numbers too? Since you can tell the future and know what a team will get when the trade hasn't even gone down.

KISSland is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 02:27 AM
  #1005
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
The Leafs playoff futility has no bearing on Luongo's albatross contract.
Yes I agree its not Luongo that is all your answers to the playoffs.

I meant to say since you guys have not made the playoffs for so long you guys do not even know what is going to make you better. So arguing just seems pointless because clearly your track record goes to show you guys have no idea what you are doing generally.

Numbers is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 02:51 AM
  #1006
ChillyPalmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Oh sweet can you tell me the lotto numbers too? Since you can tell the future and know what a team will get when the trade hasn't even gone down.
It doesn't take a psychic to know you don't trade one of your top prospects for an aging goalie with a massive contract, or that trading an unproven goalie, whose value is at an all time high is more likely to return the assets that would best help the Canucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Yes I agree its not Luongo that is all your answers to the playoffs.

I meant to say since you guys have not made the playoffs for so long you guys do not even know what is going to make you better. So arguing just seems pointless because clearly your track record goes to show you guys have no idea what you are doing generally.
You guys haven't ever won a cup, so you obviously don't know what you're doing, right?

We should only value the opinions of fans who's teams have won it, correct?

ChillyPalmer is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 10:04 AM
  #1007
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 39,196
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
It doesn't take a psychic to know you don't trade one of your top prospects for an aging goalie with a massive contract, or that trading an unproven goalie, whose value is at an all time high is more likely to return the assets that would best help the Canucks.



You guys haven't ever won a cup, so you obviously don't know what you're doing, right?

We should only value the opinions of fans who's teams have won it, correct?
I don't want kadri, but Lou gets you in the playoffs but have fun with Reimer and scrivens. Hint- Go sign Vokoun

LPH is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.