HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roberto Luongo II

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 07:01 PM
The Pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
This is already part 2 of a Luongo thread...
Actually I think this is part 6, I could be wrong, but not as wrong as some Leaf fans :-)

Old
05-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Vandelay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Terrible is the 10 years left on a 33 year old goalie's contract that never has proven to be a "big game goalie" in the league
Looked at your avatar and noticed it was a soccer picture, then looked at your post and realised either you dont know hockey or your just trolling hard.

i thought we were gettting somewhere earlier when many agreed on something along the lines of schenn, ashton and a 2nd seemed somewhere around fair value.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaner1171 View Post
Looked at your avatar and noticed it was a soccer picture, then looked at your post and realised either you dont know hockey or your just trolling hard.

i thought we were gettting somewhere earlier when many agreed on something along the lines of schenn, ashton and a 2nd seemed somewhere around fair value.
Some agreed...and then some thought it was not near enough. Guess we'll see when Tampa or Chicago trade for him. It seems the Leafs don't have the pieces to get it done.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Vandelay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Some agreed...and then some thought it was not near enough. Guess we'll see when Tampa or Chicago trade for him. It seems the Leafs don't have the pieces to get it done.
Ya other than that i dont really see any other players the Canucks would benefit enough from having. As much as id like it, they wont get Gardiner or 5OA from Toronto unless Gillis pulls one over on all of us.

IMO from Tampa id hope something around Detroits 1st and Malone, or something around Connolly would work, although I've seen some Tampa fans for it, and others against that.

Definitely looking forward to it, looks to be a big off season for the Nucks

Old
05-16-2012, 08:16 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Damn, you guys are right. This seems to be number 5, possibly even 6. If a mod wants to changed the title to reflect it, that would be great.

I'm my defense none of them have been numbered

Old
05-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECsGuy View Post
My money is on Schneider being traded, NOT Luongo.

What Cory will yield has a better chance of helping Vancouver on the offensive side of the puck, which is the Canucks' REAL problem.

It's all about asset management. Buy low. Sell high.
Considering our offensive production the passed few years, I highly disagree. We could use more size so physically dominate teams like Boston and LA cannot manhandle us but we do not need scoring, despite our recent playoff record. That aside, who are we going to trade Schneider for that would provide this offense? I doubt Tampa is willing to part with Purcell and their first, which is what Vancouver would want for Schneider.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Zippgunn

Quote:
So keep him Vancouver
There's a problem; he obviously doesn't really want to stay in Vancouver.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Considering our offensive production the passed few years, I highly disagree. We could use more size so physically dominate teams like Boston and LA cannot manhandle us but we do not need scoring, despite our recent playoff record. That aside, who are we going to trade Schneider for that would provide this offense? I doubt Tampa is willing to part with Purcell and their first, which is what Vancouver would want for Schneider.
I posted in the first...oh..2000 posts that i can imagine if it's Schnieder on the block instead of Luongo, reactions are going to go from "old goalie with bad contract" to "young goalie who has only played 68 games and hasn't proven anything and is UFA in a year". Obviously, none of us are GM'S, i just hope it doesn't become anothet pissin' contest.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
So keep him Vancouver
When did I become Mike Gillis?

I'd gladly keep Luongo over the scrap Toronto is trying to offer.

Quote:
ummm yes we do!

16 goals in our last 12 Playoff games is awful & NOT Cup Contender worthy offense.

We averaged 2.33 goals for in our Run to the Finals last year! Was that not a record out of teams that have made the Finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippgunn View Post
When did he say this? Is that what you are getting from his end of the year presser where he said IF it makes the team better & is best for this Franchise he would leave?

Old
05-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Well that may effect his value.

Old
05-16-2012, 09:28 PM
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Terrible is the 10 years left on a 33 year old goalie's contract that never has proven to be a "big game goalie" in the league
You mean the same guy who won the Olympic Gold Medal for Canada? Or the same guy who took his team to game 7 of the finals last year? You can't make it that far without being a big game player.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
can you please post a direct quote with him saying that.

Thank you.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatles View Post
ummm yes we do!

16 goals in our last 12 Playoff games is awful & NOT Cup Contender worthy offense.

We averaged 2.33 goals for in our Run to the Finals last year! Was that not a record out of teams that have made the Finals?
And why is that? Because we have no fight back on the physicality scale. We can handle teams like Chicago and San Jose who run a similar style as our own but bigger, more gritty teams is where we struggle. What we need up front is forwards that can give us push back. Brown is coming off a weak season, yet swap him for Booth, Higgins or arguably even Burrows, and we are a significantly better team not because we'll score more goals but because teams that would punish us would endure the same treatment.

I am not saying we couldn't use another forward however I doubt we will acquire one unless we settle for less than Schneider's worth. Granted, I suppose that depends on what people define a "good" return. Would you be content with say, Purchell and Detroit's first?

Old
05-16-2012, 11:21 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
And why is that? Because we have no fight back on the physicality scale. We can handle teams like Chicago and San Jose who run a similar style as our own but bigger, more gritty teams is where we struggle. What we need up front is forwards that can give us push back. Brown is coming off a weak season, yet swap him for Booth, Higgins or arguably even Burrows, and we are a significantly better team not because we'll score more goals but because teams that would punish us would endure the same treatment.

I am not saying we couldn't use another forward however I doubt we will acquire one unless we settle for less than Schneider's worth. Granted, I suppose that depends on what people define a "good" return. Would you be content with say, Purchell and Detroit's first?
They need scoring help. To say they don't means you don't watch games.

Your brainwashed by eastern media.

The Canucks can't score against collapsing teams. It has nothing to do with intimidation, it has to do with picking corners. Physical players with talent would help, but the issue is more about lack of scoring than lack of muscle.

The Canucks only scored 2.33 goals a game in the playoffs last year, Prior to the finals.

The guy just posted the numbers above. If that doesn't spell scoring issues, I don't know what does.

Purcell and 10th overall might get Schneider, better than most of the trash offered in here for Luongo, but I think Schneids could get more.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

What are the big alternatives to Luongo that will hurt his trade value?
I heard Volkun is going to the KHL
so...
Thomas
Kipper (Calgary would need a goalie though so would take one off the market as well)
Harding
I know Im missing a few but don't include back up goalies please because that's not the same market.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
so...
Thomas
Kipper (Calgary would need a goalie though so would take one off the market as well)
Harding
I know Im missing a few but don't include back up goalies please because that's not the same market.
Bernier
Maybe Enroth?

Harding, Bernier, and Enroth all aren't proven starters either.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:12 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
so...
Thomas
Harding
Thomas, old as the earth and raised some questions about his off ice personality with his ummmmm oddities.

Kipper, seen so much rubber he should be renamed the Michelin Man. Also old and the price would be high.

Harding, often injured but intriguing, I suspect a team will bring him in as an option, just not the only option.

Also available, Roloson, maybe Bernier, The Monster, Bryzgalov?,

Old
05-17-2012, 12:15 AM
HFBoards Sponsor

I've seen a couple mentions of the Sharks if they were interested a player like Ryane Clowe would be the ideal target in trade for Luongo.

Old
05-17-2012, 12:47 AM
DanCloutiers5hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
Wouldn't trade for Edler, as he's a ufa in 1 year. I think that Luongo is a lot more likely to go to Toronto. I'd probably offer something like Malone + Det 1st for Luongo + 2nd. I think Toronto would give up more, i'd rather do something like Bernier + 2nd for Connolly.
Any chance you think TB would offer Purcell in any capacity ? I would definitely think about your first offer if you replaced him with Malone

Old
05-17-2012, 12:54 AM
DanCloutiers5hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Even with Weber, we should keep Edler, barring overpayment. Toronto is the wrong team to try to get good value from, the kind of value we need. They don't have that high end playmaker/defenseman for next year available, and trading Luongo and Edler for futures isn't what we should be doing.
Good point, i agree that in any trade for Luongo we definitely need an established playmaker over futures. The only problem is the teams that seem to be in play for Luongo don't have that option for us. Unless you want to consider a heads up trade with Chicago for Kane, but that's just wishful thinking and realistically will never happen...lol

Old
05-17-2012, 01:14 AM
DanCloutiers5hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

The Canucks can't score against collapsing teams. It has nothing to do with intimidation, it has to do with picking corners. Physical players with talent would help, but the issue is more about lack of scoring than lack of muscle.

The Canucks only scored 2.33 goals a game in the playoffs last year, Prior to the finals.

The guy just posted the numbers above. If that doesn't spell scoring issues, I don't know what does.

Purcell and 10th overall might get Schneider, better than most of the trash offered in here for Luongo, but I think Schneids could get more.

Agreed, nucks desperately need scoring help over size. Their point total this year was largely inflated by winning several close low scoring games in either OT or a SO..... Games won by their goaltending.....just saying

Old
05-17-2012, 01:34 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

Biggest scoring problems are health related. We need another top 6 and 3C who can help put pucks in the net because we can't do jack because the Sedins/Kesler are injured and there is no backup plan and we never get that lucky to have a healthy playoff team.

Last years playoffs were about getting a lead and trying to hold on for grim death for the win because it was the best shot with a team injured players. When 5 of your top 7 forwards (top 3 centres) and best offensive Dman are injured it's a big part of the reason we didn't put up a lot of goals. AV's plan was trying to win while putting up low goals/game.

This year Kesler injured again, Sedin out concussed it exposes the lack of an extra scoring option, no scoring 3c to help out in the playoffs (Hodgson got traded but his defense was no up to playoff standard this year anyway). Regular season scoring went south when Kesler got injured around January. Lack of addition scoring threats killed us because we can't cover for him.

Last edited by me2: 05-17-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old
05-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCloutiers5hole View Post
Good point, i agree that in any trade for Luongo we definitely need an established playmaker over futures. The only problem is the teams that seem to be in play for Luongo don't have that option for us. Unless you want to consider a heads up trade with Chicago for Kane, but that's just wishful thinking and realistically will never happen...lol
I remain optimistic. Kane, Lalonde and a center for Schneider, Schroeder and a second round pick.

Could we do better then Toronto's garbage packaging together Luongo and other pieces, future or otherwise? I'd hope so.

Old
05-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I remain optimistic. Kane, Lalonde and a center for Schneider, Schroeder and a second round pick.

Could we do better then Toronto's garbage packaging together Luongo and other pieces, future or otherwise? I'd hope so.
You know what...you are right. I am not going to post any more "garbage TO proposals". Lets just sit back an read all of the proposals that are better from fans of Tampa, Sharks and Hawks. Oh...wait....those fans are laughing at his value according to some Nucks fans. Without TO fans in this thread you will be talking amonst yourselves as it seems only you think the teams i spoke of are interested in topping TO garbage offers.

Old
05-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Bernier
Maybe Enroth?

Harding, Bernier, and Enroth all aren't proven starters either.
See...here is where i get confused. I've seen Luongo'carreer stats posted here like a billboard, he has been called a future hall of famer and folks can't understand why people aren't willing to pay big for him. Then i see folks say "we should trade Schnieder instead" with the reasoning being he would get much more than Luongo. Now i'm not bashing Schnieder at all but how does a guy with 68 NHL starts as a backup make him more valuable than a guy with Luongo's carreer line? When you answer that question, you will know why huge offers are not coming for Luongo. Some hints...age,cost and contract. Please tell me how Schnieder is any more a "proven starter" than Bernier,Harding,Enroth or Lindback?

Closed Thread