HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I cant stand Jeff Carter

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2012, 09:17 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I guess he is, actually. I'm not sure if he's been watching the Kings that closely, but the Richards/Penner/Carter line has been damned good for the Kings. Remove Richards or Carter from that line and they stop being a scoring threat, and LA suddenly becomes pretty one dimensional.

I usually agree with him, but I think he's got it wrong here.
Agreed - and while Richards' line has played the shut down role for the most part, when teams have really keyed on containing Brown-Kopitar-Williams, the Richards line steps up. Without Richards/Carter/Penner (who has been surprisingly good), shutting down Kopi/Brown is a lot easier to do.

Old
05-29-2012, 09:22 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
An article from a former high school volleyball reporter who was a major part of the media which ran Mike Richards out of town. MR could play for teams winning the next 5consecutive Stanley Cups and this clown would say the same thing. Read http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-hockey-writer for another opinion on this guy.
The media didn't run Mike Richards out of town. His inability to buy into pond hockey, and his bad relationship with Lavy were two major reasons he was moved.

Old
05-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
The media didn't run Mike Richards out of town. His inability to buy into pond hockey, and his bad relationship with Lavy were two major reasons he was moved.
Your thread was closed so you brought the pond hockey talk here?

Old
05-29-2012, 11:01 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
The Devils forechecking was very good against both us and the Rangers.
Absolutely! But throughout this thread he's been downplaying Richards and Carter who are both excellent defensive forwards. It's about great defence all the way through the lineup.

Old
05-29-2012, 11:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
If the Kings win the Cup, Carchidi's tears would end all droughts in Africa.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
05-29-2012, 12:35 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
right.

Old
05-29-2012, 01:25 PM
moosehead81

Quote:
Figure of speech- the sudden negativity of some of the Philadelphia media following a Hockey News article which Mr Carchidi took offense with, likely coupled with a number of other "things" which have never been factually verified were some of the likely reasons he was moved. Because the Flyers couldn't move a number of players on NM or NT contracts and Pronger had essentially become the defacto "captain", MR was left out to hang. Carter's move, I think, was probably more related to freeing up money for the top-end goal-tender. In any case, as I said earlier, Mike Richards could be involved in the next 5 consecutive SCFs' and Carchidi would still find a way to denigrade his contributions.

Old
05-29-2012, 01:27 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Agreed - and while Richards' line has played the shut down role for the most part, when teams have really keyed on containing Brown-Kopitar-Williams, the Richards line steps up. Without Richards/Carter/Penner (who has been surprisingly good), shutting down Kopi/Brown is a lot easier to do.
Definitely. The Richards line is contributing plenty of points, plenty of defense, and some big goals to boot. The winner in Game 1 against the Canucks that got it all started, and the game tying and game winning goals the last time out against the Yotes were all scored by that line I believe. Does Carter have to score a hat-trick to be a factor or something?

Old
05-29-2012, 04:37 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
right.

Oh that's right, silly me. Richards was totally on board with Lavy's system and their relationship was excellent. Lavy must have been talking about Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones when he described their relationship as "a work in progress."

Old
05-29-2012, 05:09 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Oh that's right, silly me. Richards was totally on board with Lavy's system and their relationship was excellent. Lavy must have been talking about Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones when he described their relationship as "a work in progress."

What do you think that meant that it was a work in progress? Most relationships are that way. And have to be worked on to get where it needs to be. It is a process. You can look into that however you choose to. But I take it at face value.

Old
05-29-2012, 06:48 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
What do you think that meant that it was a work in progress?
That the relationship wasn't where it was supposed to be after around 18 months. There were obvious issues between them that people close to the team, including the media, easily picked up on. That's why the question was asked.

Lavy went to Pronger on multiple occasions with things that are normally sent through the captain. That's not how it usually works 12 months into a coach-captain relationship unless something isn't right.

Quote:
Most relationships are that way. And have to be worked on to get where it needs to be. It is a process. You can look into that however you choose to. But I take it at face value.
So how long then does it take for a coach-captain relationship to not be a work in progress and to get to where it needs to be? 24 months, 30 months, 36 months, or even longer?

Old
05-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:

Lavy went to Pronger on multiple occasions with things that are normally sent through the captain. That's not how it usually works 12 months into a coach-captain relationship unless something isn't right.
And you know this how?

05-30-2012, 07:36 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
That the relationship wasn't where it was supposed to be after around 18 months. There were obvious issues between them that people close to the team, including the media, easily picked up on. That's why the question was asked.

So how long then does it take for a coach-captain relationship to not be a work in progress and to get to where it needs to be? 24 months, 30 months, 36 months, or even longer?
You tell me how long it takes. You seem to know the inner workings of the player Coach relationships and what it was like inside the Flyers room. Tell me, how much time did you actually spend inside there, and how did you get access?

Old
05-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Reaper1097

After reading all the posts in this thread I have come to a conclusion....

I still cant stand Jeff Carter

Old
05-30-2012, 12:26 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:

I think you could say that about any coach and a player on his team when the coach had only been around for a season plus at the time he said those things.
but yeah its all about Mike Richards not being on board with pond hockey. He must of been still broken up about his close buddy John Stevens getting fired for no reason

Old
05-30-2012, 02:52 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I think you could say that about any coach and a player on his team when the coach had only been around for a season plus at the time he said those things.
but yeah its all about Mike Richards not being on board with pond hockey. He must of been still broken up about his close buddy John Stevens getting fired for no reason
Richards clearly wasn't on the same page with Lavy, so much so that they were hardly speaking in the months preceding the trade. The Stevens firing did affect him but I don't believe it was a factor in his relationship with Lavy.

You could also say that some coaches and captains get on the same page pretty quickly because the captain buys in to what the coach is doing. I haven't heard anything about Parise or Brown hardly speaking to their coach. Parise has only one season, and Brown a couple months.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:00 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
You tell me how long it takes.
If I knew how long it takes, I wouldn't have asked you. I posed the question to you because you stated.....

Quote:
Most relationships are that way. And have to be worked on to get where it needs to be. It is a process. You can look into that however you choose to. But I take it at face value.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Richards clearly wasn't on the same page with Lavy, so much so that they were hardly speaking in the months preceding the trade. The Stevens firing did affect him but I don't believe it was a factor in his relationship with Lavy.

You could also say that some coaches and captains get on the same page pretty quickly because the captain buys in to what the coach is doing. I haven't heard anything about Parise or Brown hardly speaking to their coach. Parise has only one season, and Brown a couple months.
Parise and Brown also don't have a poisonous, biased media with an ax to grind.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:18 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Duh, non participates of Dry Island.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:21 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Duh, non participates of Dry Island.
Some speculated that was part of the reason behind the strained relationship too.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:35 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Some speculated that was part of the reason behind the strained relationship too.
And Lavi is an idiot for implementing it in the first place.

To tell a bunch of mid 20's players they can't go home and have a beer after work....lol

Old
05-30-2012, 03:46 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
And Lavi is an idiot for implementing it in the first place.

To tell a bunch of mid 20's players they can't go home and have a beer after work....lol
I doubt Lavi was concerned about an occasional Budweiser

Old
05-30-2012, 04:05 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I doubt Lavi was concerned about an occasional Budweiser
Then what?

What was so horrid that he felt the need to treat the team like a bunch of teenagers?

Carter and Richie both 66 pts for the year and where 10 pts away from leading the team.

The whole team (with the exception of Danny and Ville) were slipping gears and not scoring by the 2nd part of the season and into the playoffs.

Injuries didn't help. The goalie carousel didn't help.

Should have been no surprise that we were bounced in the second round.

Old
05-30-2012, 04:41 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
If I knew how long it takes, I wouldn't have asked you. I posed the question to you because you stated.....
You've made statements as if they were facts about the inner workings of the Flyers locker room, not me.

Old
05-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

A reminder from the Site Rules:

"13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible."

Closed Thread