HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I cant stand Jeff Carter

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2012, 10:30 PM
  #301
DumpyD
Registered User
 
DumpyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Carchidi has always been one of the unprofessional ring leaders for the sh%^ show that is the philly media. Of course he'll continue to defend his previous stances rather than give credit where credit is due. What is so hard about saying ex-Flyers are valuable pieces to a very good team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Bill is a homer.
Doesn't he write for the Stars now too? Doesn't sound at all like a guy that might have a bias against LA. He's a smart guy, but his words aren't gospel people.


Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Can I honestly ask does anyone really think it was just their drinking that got them traded?
I think drinking had absolutely nothing to do with it.

DumpyD is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 10:49 PM
  #302
whatthef
Failure is an Option
 
whatthef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Darby
Country: United States
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Bill is a homer.
Not really. He's a fan, but he's usually pretty honest about things. Certainly more so than most fans (in both their being positive and negative about things).

whatthef is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 11:41 PM
  #303
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quick and the Kopitar line carry the Kings to another crucial win.

Damaged Goods is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 12:30 AM
  #304
whatthef
Failure is an Option
 
whatthef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Darby
Country: United States
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Quick and the Kopitar line carry the Kings to another crucial win.
The defense helped out too.

whatthef is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 06:54 AM
  #305
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
Neither am I. Again, you know what you know, I know what I know. You are free to believe whatever you like. I'm not on a witness stand and you're not conducting cross examination.
If what your posting is a fact, what's the problem with providing those facts? How hard could it be?



Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
This stuff is common knowledge here in the Philadelphia area.
What you're posting as facts, isn't common knowledge. Sure everyone is aware of the rumors and speculation that went around. But it's just that, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post

Several of them. If you want names, I'll make a phone call tomorrow and try to get some for you. This happened over a year ago and I wouldn't want to guess.
Who are you going to call? And I don't want to hear I talked to somebody. I'm looking for factual proof that can be provided. If it's all common knowledge here in Philly, why do you have to call somebody?


Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
I guess you didn't read what I said. Here it is again....Literally probably not, but the CBA COULD say otherwise. That doesn't say I know the CBA says otherwise, does it?
So now you understand the point I was making by asking that question. You don't know what the CBA says on that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
I was told it was the coach and several veterans. He literally may not have the authority to make players comply, but coaches and management in the NHL, as well as other professional leagues, have plenty of things in their toolbox to deal with players conduct while away from the team. That's how it works in the real world. Even if it means stretching things a little bit.
You were told by who? And can you substantiate that? No kidding that a team can trade a player, or demote him or whatever. Everyone is aware of that. What were not aware of, is if you can back up your statements of what you say is fact, with facts to support it. Your entitled to an opinion like everyone else of what you think you know as you put it. But that doesn't make it a fact.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 08:17 AM
  #306
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
35NW8ING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
If what your posting is a fact, what's the problem with providing those facts? How hard could it be?


What you're posting as facts, isn't common knowledge. Sure everyone is aware of the rumors and speculation that went around. But it's just that, nothing more.


Who are you going to call? And I don't want to hear I talked to somebody. I'm looking for factual proof that can be provided. If it's all common knowledge here in Philly, why do you have to call somebody?


So now you understand the point I was making by asking that question. You don't know what the CBA says on that.


You were told by who? And can you substantiate that? No kidding that a team can trade a player, or demote him or whatever. Everyone is aware of that. What were not aware of, is if you can back up your statements of what you say is fact, with facts to support it. Your entitled to an opinion like everyone else of what you think you know as you put it. But that doesn't make it a fact.

I'll try this again for the third or fourth time. You know what you know, I know what I know.

You are free to believe whatever you want. You can categorize events as rumor, speculation, gossip, or anything else you need to. This isn't a trial, a grand jury proceeding, Senate hearing, or Presidential Commission.

If it's all not true, where's your proof it didn't happen?

Again, it's common knowledge around here. Just because you choose not to believe it , doesn't mean it didn't happen.

35NW8ING is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 08:20 AM
  #307
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
Again, it's common knowledge around here. Just because you choose not to believe it , doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Carter sleeping with Hartnell's wife was "common knowledge" and declared to be true, until it was found to be 100% total lies and ********.

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 08:31 AM
  #308
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
35NW8ING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Carter sleeping with Hartnell's wife was "common knowledge" and declared to be true, until it was found to be 100% total lies and ********.
There's the smoking gun, LOL.
Who conducted the fact finding on that one?

Just like Lindros didn't miss that Pitt game due to a hangover.


Last edited by 35NW8ING: 05-31-2012 at 08:39 AM.
35NW8ING is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 08:41 AM
  #309
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
I'll try this again for the third or fourth time. You know what you know, I know what I know.

You are free to believe whatever you want. You can categorize events as rumor, speculation, gossip, or anything else you need to. This isn't a trial, a grand jury proceeding, Senate hearing, or Presidential Commission.

If it's all not true, where's your proof it didn't happen?

Again, it's common knowledge around here. Just because you choose not to believe it , doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I keep asking you what is common knowledge? And I didn't say anything is or isn't true. All I said is if your going to offer statements as facts, then where is the proof behind it? If you want to say that in your opinion that's what you beleive happened, then that's fine. But you've offered numerous statements as fact. I thought you were going to make some phone calls? All I'm asking for is some real facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Carter sleeping with Hartnell's wife was "common knowledge" and declared to be true, until it was found to be 100% total lies and ********.
There's been many of these so called truths over the years, that turn out to be innacurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
There's the smoking gun, LOL.
Who conducted the fact finding on that one?
Who did the fact finding there?

VanSciver is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 08:48 AM
  #310
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
I'll try this again for the third or fourth time. You know what you know, I know what I know.

You are free to believe whatever you want. You can categorize events as rumor, speculation, gossip, or anything else you need to. This isn't a trial, a grand jury proceeding, Senate hearing, or Presidential Commission.

If it's all not true, where's your proof it didn't happen?


Again, it's common knowledge around here. Just because you choose not to believe it , doesn't mean it didn't happen.
You need to catch up on your Russell reading.

mirimon is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 08:50 AM
  #311
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Carter sleeping with Hartnell's wife was "common knowledge" and declared to be true, until it was found to be 100% total lies and ********.
Maybe to the 16 year olds that populate the internet, but I don't remember that being anymore than a crazy rumor. Definitely not common knowledge.

Protest is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 09:20 AM
  #312
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
Not really. He's a fan, but he's usually pretty honest about things. Certainly more so than most fans (in both their being positive and negative about things).
I like Bill, but I think he definitely has a tendency to take the homer approach at times. I respect his opinion and enjoy reading his thoughts, but I don't look to him as the ultimate authority on all things Flyers.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 10:59 AM
  #313
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
i dont think anyone understands the fact the kings are deep in depth and flyers aren't yet, richards and carter didnt do anything against the devils so it's not like they were carrying them, other players stepped up.

i do believe the flyers will get better, i didnt expect them to win it all this year, but if the flyers get a deep forward and defender, they can have a chance to win it all. it's about supporting your team and i dont know if they will win next year either, depends on what they actually get.

toughfighter83* is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 11:55 AM
  #314
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i dont think anyone understands the fact the kings are deep in depth and flyers aren't yet, richards and carter didnt do anything against the devils so it's not like they were carrying them, other players stepped up.

i do believe the flyers will get better, i didnt expect them to win it all this year, but if the flyers get a deep forward and defender, they can have a chance to win it all. it's about supporting your team and i dont know if they will win next year either, depends on what they actually get.
The Flyers have a lot of depth, unfortunately most of it consists of one-way players. When Carter and Richards were here, the Flyers had as much or more depth than the Kings do.

They didn't do anything against the Devils? First off it's one game, but second they generated some good scoring chances, especially in the third period. They were a few inches away from having Richards set up Doughty for a potential game winner in regulation. No they weren't carrying the team, but no one was. Doesn't change the fact that they're playing an integral role in what the Kings are doing.

zarley zelepukin is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 11:58 AM
  #315
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i dont think anyone understands the fact the kings are deep in depth and flyers aren't yet, richards and carter didnt do anything against the devils so it's not like they were carrying them, other players stepped up.

i do believe the flyers will get better, i didnt expect them to win it all this year, but if the flyers get a deep forward and defender, they can have a chance to win it all. it's about supporting your team and i dont know if they will win next year either, depends on what they actually get.
I don't think you understand that the Flyers did infact have as much depth as LA. Know what they didn't have?

Jon Quick. If he's in net during the CHI series, we're the Cup champs. Flat out.

BrindamoursNose is online now  
Old
05-31-2012, 12:39 PM
  #316
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I don't think you understand that the Flyers did infact have as much depth as LA. Know what they didn't have?

Jon Quick. If he's in net during the CHI series, we're the Cup champs. Flat out.
As good as Quick is, he is not the main reason for Kings' success thus far- disciplined team work in all 3 zones is.

The biggest differences between the Flyers and the Kings is not Quick (although he he looks better than Bryz), neither is depth (although Flyers's depth was really challenged by injuries. IMO the biggest difference has been discipline, execution and attention to details in all 3 zones. Kings, as well as Flyers, play a forechecking game, but they are playing a well oiled team defence when they need to- well executing coverage and pushing puck out of the zone.

And that where Richards and Carter excell, and that what the Flyers lost with these trades and have not regained yet.

Without 5 players defence any goalie will look poor and any one great D-player will look lost.

And, yes, if 2010 team had had Quick in goal they would have been SC champions- they paid much more attention to team defence.


Last edited by CSKA1974: 05-31-2012 at 02:38 PM.
CSKA1974 is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 12:54 PM
  #317
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,544
vCash: 500
The Kings' depth all the way through is amazing. They know exactly where they have to be and they don't give you room to move. We've never had the luxury of having 12 two way players and 3 good to great defensive pairings, our 3rd defensive pairing has never been as good as Green and Martinez so we've always killed guys like Kimmo. And obviously we've never had a goalie like Quick. People say defensive hockey is boring but there's something about seeing an entire team buy into a system like they have. The balance is amazing with the only weak link being the pp and so far it hasn't bitten them in the butt.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 01:17 PM
  #318
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 48,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i dont think anyone understands the fact the kings are deep in depth and flyers aren't yet, richards and carter didnt do anything against the devils so it's not like they were carrying them, other players stepped up.

i do believe the flyers will get better, i didnt expect them to win it all this year, but if the flyers get a deep forward and defender, they can have a chance to win it all. it's about supporting your team and i dont know if they will win next year either, depends on what they actually get.

If you remove Richards and Carter from the Kings they won't even be in the playoffs, much less the Finals. The Kings have depth BECAUSE of Richards and Carter.

I don't understand why people are so deadset on minimizing their importance to LA.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 01:21 PM
  #319
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
If you remove Richards and Carter from the Kings they won't even be in the playoffs, much less the Finals. The Kings have depth BECAUSE of Richards and Carter.

I don't understand why people are so deadset on minimizing their importance to LA.
So true. It is easy to forget that the Kings were sitting outside of playoff position until they acquired Carter.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 02:23 PM
  #320
Reaper1097
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Good bleacher report article on the Richards/Carter trades...

http://*******************/articles/...ven-if-la-wins

Reaper1097 is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
  #321
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
If you remove Richards and Carter from the Kings they won't even be in the playoffs, much less the Finals. The Kings have depth BECAUSE of Richards and Carter.

I don't understand why people are so deadset on minimizing their importance to LA.
yeah and how would make a difference here then? do you watch the boston series last year or just not watch them and just make excuses of the reason why they didnt advance? if richards and carter were here how would it make a difference you tell me because they didnt show up when they were playing on this team.

it's all about jealously, as much i want the flyers to win a cup, i dont want to have players to choke on this team whether they win a cup or not on another team because they just didnt work out here, that's the way it is sometimes, you dont like it then move to LA.


Last edited by toughfighter83*: 05-31-2012 at 02:36 PM.
toughfighter83* is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 03:22 PM
  #322
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1097 View Post
Good bleacher report article on the Richards/Carter trades...

http://*******************/articles/...ven-if-la-wins
That link didn't work for me, and "good article " and "bleacher report" don't go together in a sentence. However, that was surprisingly not completely moronic, and actually a good article on the situation.

Protest is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 03:33 PM
  #323
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 48,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
yeah and how would make a difference here then? do you watch the boston series last year or just not watch them and just make excuses of the reason why they didnt advance? if richards and carter were here how would it make a difference you tell me because they didnt show up when they were playing on this team.

it's all about jealously, as much i want the flyers to win a cup, i dont want to have players to choke on this team whether they win a cup or not on another team because they just didnt work out here, that's the way it is sometimes, you dont like it then move to LA.
I guess you forget that Richards was playing through injuries, and Carter only played 2 games in that series because of a knee injury. Apparently playing through injuries and not being all-star caliber players while doing it is "not showing up." I guess we should begin throwing Giroux and JVR under the bus for their performance in the NJ series too, right?

And, what is this jealousy thing you're talking about? I'm not jealous in the slightest. It has nothing to do with jealousy, and everything to do with looking at these two players realistically...something many people seem incapable of doing.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 03:39 PM
  #324
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I guess you forget that Richards was playing through injuries, and Carter only played 2 games in that series because of a knee injury. Apparently playing through injuries and not being all-star caliber players while doing it is "not showing up." I guess we should begin throwing Giroux and JVR under the bus for their performance in the NJ series too, right?

And, what is this jealousy thing you're talking about? I'm not jealous in the slightest. It has nothing to do with jealousy, and everything to do with looking at these two players realistically...something many people seem incapable of doing.
I support this post 100%

VanSciver is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 04:17 PM
  #325
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
yeah and how would make a difference here then? do you watch the boston series last year or just not watch them and just make excuses of the reason why they didnt advance? if richards and carter were here how would it make a difference you tell me because they didnt show up when they were playing on this team.

it's all about jealously, as much i want the flyers to win a cup, i dont want to have players to choke on this team whether they win a cup or not on another team because they just didnt work out here, that's the way it is sometimes, you dont like it then move to LA.
This post is full of lolz.

Why would Carter and Richards be jealous of this organization if they win a cup?

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.